All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. [discussion] Quantity for quality

usually a quantity for quality trade can work in very limited circumstances if a team is quite weak and has numerous needs all over their roster they may be willing to give up 1 quality players to shore up a number of position needs that used to be what expansion teams were good candidates for but our last one went immediately to the finals so i guess that sort of team does not exist currently darn
  3. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

I've been on active member on this board for over 6 years and have been a fan of the Canucks since the 80's. You've been on CDC for a few months and I'll bet not even alive in the 80's. It's more "my board" than it is yours.
  4. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Sabres is a respected long time poster on this board. I can’t defend the grammar police aspect of any poster though...
  5. Jett Woo | D

When Woo makes it we trade for Letang and make that pairing! Woo LeTang clan! It’s their destiny!
  6. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Or you could actually pretend you have a clue and go to a website that had his combine measurement right on the day that he was measured. There are a bunch of them. Like I said in my post, he came in at just a tad under 6' 3". https://thehockeywriters.com/rasmus-dahlin-6-things-we-learned Are you just willfully ignorant or were you hoping that I somehow forgot how to read and had the memory of a goldfish?
  7. Can't stand the TSN 1040 Morning Show

The morning show (starting line-up I think it’s called) used to be awful but they got rid of Scott darling (who is more clueless than pratt) and Mira Laurence and added dahliwal who is probably the best sports insider in the country and now it’s much, much better
  8. confessions

I edit 90% of my posts. Even the short ones
  9. Nikita Tryamkin | D

I would not be disappointed if we never hear from the big Russian again. I know he had his reasons for leaving but I can't help but wonder if he will ever want back. If he came back and all of a sudden decided to go home again. I am short on trust when it come to NT.
  10. Ask Cramarossa Anything

Update: Got bf to take a photo of it. Not too big a fan of the flower, think I'll get that altered in some way someday. ETA: Wow, this has really faded over the last few years, I ought to get this touched up.
  11. [discussion] Quantity for quality

Yes, not too many Alek Stojanov for Markus Naslund trades out there, waiting for us. I think generally, the NHL GM's do a much better job of evaluating their players today But that is not to say there are not the odd headcase that will go cheap, if you want to take the risk.... I don't like that idea, though
  12. Do we give Bo the "C"? POLL

Lol came here to say that. We we don’t do Jack Schitt. Management can give it to the best player for the job. If it’s Bo, awesome, Edler, awesome, Sutter, awesome, heck even Boeser, sure why not. They know more than we all do. ...Unless someone here is in the locker room on a regular basis
  13. Battles at camp

With only 31 wins last season..... i would like to see each and very Canuck battling to make this years team. Hopefully they trained their a......s . off and show up for camp in the best shape of their lives.... Each player needs to earn their spot this year on the club. Let the battles begin. Hopefully camp if testy this year with guys going all out against each other....
  14. My guess is $45m for those 5 and Tavares come 2019-20. Not a terrible problem to have, but they're just going to &^@# everything up again, right before they rebuild, again, around Tavares and Matthews. It will be spectacular and we'll all get to laugh at them. They aren't getting anywhere without acquiring two very good Dmen and another "pretty good", steady shutdown Dman. UFA's will only drive them deeper into cap hell and if they're trading, we all know you have to give to get (quality). Enough on the leafs though. By comparison, there's no valid comparison, really. As franchises we've been at different points and experiencing vastly different success' and failure over the last 15ish years. Like the last decade they spent rebuilding, for example.
  15. Olli Juolevi | D

Hutton then Del Zotto at deadline
  16. Battles at camp

With the schedule doing us no favours I like the idea of protecting the youth maybe have them in Utica for the first quarter or more when the schedule is toughest.
  17. Battles at camp

It really makes far too much sense IMO. I mean I'm sure we'll see other combos in camp and throughout the season (with injuries, slumps, opponent based etc) but IMO it's pretty easy to see their preferred and 'default' pairs they'd like to go with. ____, Horvat, Boeser Baer, Pettersson, ____ Roussel, Sutter, ____ Schaller, Beagle, ____ 13th (&14th?)____, ____ Wingers placed (and rotated) as required.
  18. I tend to agree with the caveat; you may be able to package quantity for quality, but it'll be on the wrong side of 30 and overpaid. But yeah, otherwise we're probably getting lotto tickets, which there is nothing wrong with when the players listed are clearly redundant from prospects developing. (I'm definitely not putting Gudbranson or Sutter in that pile yet)
  19. BFHL 2018/19

Brian Elliott @Nail
  20. Adam Gaudette | #88 | C

if he could turn into a legit 2C, that would be a dream come true, filling an immediate hole but in the long term, compared with contending teams, isn't Horvat more of a 2C and Petterson potentially a 1C? if so AG could then easily slot in at 3C and still be very useful..
  21. That is probably the best compromise. I certainly do not see anyone else on the horizon other than Bo for Captain, at least not now. He is the perfect age as well. Young enough to grow with the team, and by the time we are contenders he will be one of our vets. But not too young to not have the respect of the room. But If there was a way to anoint a Sutter, or an Edler, even Del Zotto, or Guddy,with the C with the express condition told behind closed doors, that it would only be for a year, that or it would be rotated through the year between a few players. But Bo would be wearing the A letter all season. And then, if all goes as planned, hand him the C at the start of next season. Let him concentrate on polishing his game more. Ease him into the responsibility. This shouldn't be a fan based appointment. That said, I wouldn't be handing in my seasons tickets if Bo was made captain for this coming season. Can't actually afford season's tickets, just wanted to use that in a sentence
  22. Do we give Bo the "C"? POLL

We? No. The canucks? Yes.
  23. [discussion] Quantity for quality

I have targeted those players in the past also But I think that in most cases, you will not get an upgrade because I think GM's go by the adage of " a bird in the hand, is worth 2 in the bush" Basically, why would they take 2 lesser for 1 better player? Best is to take picks, unless you need a B prospect to fill in a need They are not giving up potential....unless it's proven to be lesser in their opinion I guess you can get lucky, but in this day and age...it doesn't happen often
  24. 100 % . Densification around major public transit lines is the answer. 4-6 storey buildings with apartments ranging from 1 - 3 bedrooms. The concept of a single family home in Vancouver should not be an option for redevelopment. Apartments and more apartments. More supply is the answer. Also extending transit to langley or abbotsford is a no brainer as well. Get high speed transit from these cities to the sky train.
  25. Can't stand the TSN 1040 Morning Show

Pratt’s embarrassing
  1. Load more activity