All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Jett Woo | D

Jett Woo definitely “ain’t nuttin ta f- wit.”
  3. Not sure anyone is here is pretending to be unbiased
  4. Why so many mononucleosis cases for hockey players?

Lmao damn hope I have a son
  5. Derp. That is the usual mindless straw. It's like saying McDavid is a great player, but teams win Championships, not a few shiny core forwards. As evidenced, ironically, by Edmonton, repeatedly. What it is - a 'comparison' to teams that actually have contending bluelines. The Leafs should be working on Cup #3 if anyone listened to you. The rebuild was done. They were the next dynasty. Now you're back to try to revisit the fact you stung yourself playing a fool's game. Some people look beyond a core of 4 or 5 players when they're picking 'favorites'. The Leafs have a handful of high end forwards - and a great coach. They still have work to do - and Babcock would undoubtedly be the first person to point that out. If anyone can put lip stick on that blueline, it's him. But still, the best makeup job still got them eliminated in consecutive first rounds. Hilarious to listen to you tankers fluffing first round exits while 'still rebuilding', apologizing for wasted 2nd round picks on premature rentals, and riiding appeals to the authority of Bodog projections. The contradictions are endless - and absurd.
  6. Re-Draft 2012 (Top 10)

Not really a lot of star power in 2012
  7. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

True, I wasn’t a supporter of Hughes, but he is our guy and post draft I looked a lot more closely at his tape. My pick was the last guy taken out of the top 10 ranked d men. He went 12th so what do I know. I have also felt the knocks on Hughes was his shot, still think it’s not where it needs to be and whether he can play defence in the NHL. I am a lot more comfortable with the play without the puck than I was. Added to that, JB had his choice of every d man not named Dahlin so there can be little question, JB got his guy at 7. After last draft, you can’t ignore that. They were taking a d man. They got their guy. I have said said that when knowledgeable people speak I listen. JB spoke and I learned something. EmW
  8. [Signing] Blue Jackets re-sign Ryan Murray

It is pretty funny. Oilers lack scoring depth outside of McDavid and Draisaitl, and they traded away guys like Taylor Hall, Eberle, and the pick which ended up being Barzal. Of course the Barzal thing wasn't a sure thing, but looking at it now really sucks for them considering it was traded for Griffin Reinhart who plays in the AHL.
  9. ICBC Situation.

Pretty much
  10. Olli Juolevi | D

I hope one of the two makes it, but really that's just for my own satisfaction that the future is getting brighter... but really, if one of them does make it, who's out? or are you assuming trades? who do you think is the first out the door?
  11. Olli Juolevi | D

The conversion factors probably really favor professional leagues. Foote being that high is still a head scratcher though.
  12. Battles at camp

Fwiw Brough got a similar lineup after discussing with Benning.
  13. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

You wouldn't have said any of that before the draft.
  14. Jett Woo | D

Sorry, but Wu Tang Clan, Wu Tang Clan!
  15. Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

I would say that once our young guns get out of their ELC's and into their big contracts out of them, the Canucks will be a contending team. Lock down Boeser, Pettersson, and Demko and we'll be golden for years. Obviously that's pending Pettersson and Demko make it big in the NHL.
  16. As we have a log jam of players I would like to see if fans think we could unload some of these players in a quantity for quality kind of move. Players who could be moved: Sutter Gagner MDZ Gudbranson Hutton? Do you think we could move some combination of these players to upgrade our top 6? Possibly retaining sallary on some of them.
  17. Olli Juolevi | D

Not sure but will say got a kick out of someone who said there was no "star" power on that list outside of the top 6. EVERY player on that list is a stud and would be potential star.
  18. Battles at camp

The only thing I’m sure of is Brock and Bo will start out the season together. Everything else is up in the air. The battle for the top line LW spot is probably most intriguing, as there’s a number of guys who could play there: baer goldy leipsic eriksson pettersson gagner grandlund Virtanen i could see all these guys being tried there at one point or another, but I think the two front runners are Goldobin and baertschi
  19. They’ll have to be very careful indeed. Assuming Mathews commands ~10m, Marner and Nylander ~5m each and Reilly and Andersen at 5m apiece, They’ll have half their cap filled with 6 players. Sounds very familiar to Chicago’s current predicament. Their top 6 is very impressive, but after Reilly their D is very suspect for sure, and shoring that up will get expensive real fast.
  20. CDC: The place for unbiased Trump news
  21. Jett Woo | D

Woo has the ‘steal of the draft’ potential written all over him. Was rocking until his injury. Newly added overager players took his spot while he was out and he played solid shut down d when he came back. He should be his teams number 1 d man this season and I expect he will get prime minutes on the PP. Watch his D+1 year stats easily eclipse his draft year numbers if he stays healthy.
  22. Nikita Tryamkin | D

Look very closely at Chara’s early years. I have no idea why WD made Trymakin watch Pronger tapes, he should have made him watch Big Bird or Chara tapes. At the same age Tryamkin is equally big, a much better skater and he does possess some offensive abilities so he could become a Chara like player. Chara also didn’t come into his own until he was into he late twenties. Lots of time for big Nitka. What makes Chara the player he is is a combo of size and commitment. Obviously Trymakin has one in spades, but with his bolting to Russia, the commitment issue is very much in question. Get him to commit to an NHL career, and he could be as good as Chara. Something no one really thought Chara would be at the same age.
  23. Really? That whats you get out of that video? Lol
  24. If gwg goals as a percentage of total goals is an indicator of clutchness, then pouliot must be the most clutch player of all time. He has 5 goals in his career and they’re all game winners (no one else has ever scored gwg for their first 5 career goals).
  1. Load more activity