All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. [discussion] Quantity for quality

Haha! Bubkiss.. Haven't heard that in ages. Is that you Granny? I'm of the opinion you can't just trade quantity for quality unless we're talking about something other than sports teams. I suppose you can pry quality with a quantity of draft picks, but we're not in a position to be doing that. I like Guddy and Sutter, so you can stop with that. Also we're selling low on Hutty. Gagner and MDZ are good for picks or prospects at TDL. Granny, Baer, Stech and Pouliot should be interesting pieces to a bunch of teams, but we're not in a position to move a Dman unless a good one is coming back. So Stech and Granny for an upgrade? Baer and MDZ? Any quality coming our way has to hurt a bit. Gotta give to get. Gagner and MDZ get you bubkiss.
  3. Do we give Bo the "C"? POLL

Yes! This would be a great statement for BoHo! He is already a leader, so give him the C and continues to build a Team around him. Maybe he could be our next Trevor Linden in the new age.. (I don't want to compare him with Linden) BO FOR C!
  4. Its not that the Gagner signing was a bad contract. Its just no one wants to watch Gagner play on a bottom 5 team in the league when he is taking a spot from a younger player... Like Goldobin. Plus he is soft and bad defensively.
  5. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Been to England. They have ‘orrible grammar and are all too proud to abuse their language. ‘Too bloody right!’ We hosted a English private school rugby team in Campbell River when I was 15. One guy went up to the counter at the Mc D’s and asked for a ‘packet of fags’. (Pack of Cigarettes) He almost got lynched by some good old boys. Language does matter. My wife went to a semester abroad in England and got there in a cold rainy miserable January. It took her a month to realize that when someone said ‘ya al’right’ they were saying hello, not showing concern about your health. The english language has been under ‘assult’ long before this latest generation and will survive. Let it go and chill out. Hockey will start again soon.
  6. Creating a Story 1 word at a time

man
  7. Battles at camp

This is interesting and good insight about the type of lines that Green has used before. Makes me more confident that Sutter will play with Pettersson despite many thinking Sutter is an offensive black hole. If Pettersson is at center though, he would likely be flanked by Eriksson, which could hopefully spark Eriksson's offense. No matter how it plays out, I think we need to get Eriksson into the top 6 and might even be worth a look with Bo and Boeser. He is currently the highest paid forward (and the team) and needs to contribute more offensively. He has an excellent defensive game that could benefit either top 6 line to let the young guns fly.
  8. Nikita Tryamkin | D

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1856851-ranking-the-10-most-durable-players-in-the-nhl.amp.html Why don't you check number one.
  9. Nikita Tryamkin | D

I know at that age too, when it takes a little longer for D, him and Hughes Danger!
  10. well you seem to project some wisdom at times so might be somewhat of a sage but damn, i had no idea you are that old
  11. [Signing] Blue Jackets re-sign Ryan Murray

I like Murray. Still only 24 - has never really had any momentum / consistent health. Still - decent underlying numbers in primarily dzone starts, solid defensively, great shot blocker, mobile, reasonable production 72pt in 262 games..... Good price for a guy that typically plays 18+ or even 20 or more minutes. One of those things where that misfortune could aid the CBJ if he emerges and is affordable like this, particularly if their window opens....
  12. Nikita Tryamkin | D

Yes, x Canuck Richardson, broke his leg I beleive.. I just re-visited those Tryamkin/ Benn hi-lights Hairy,. Nik is going to be a powerful man. I look forward to seeing him back, it can’t be soon enough.
  13. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Dude that's pretty hypocritical.
  14. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Believe me. I hold back big time. It's a gigantic pet peeve of mine that Millennials are causing the English language to devolve. I recently watched a season of a trashy reality show straight from the UK and they are just as bad as any American or Canadian and it's their frickin' language.
  15. [discussion] Quantity for quality

good point haha ottawa too i'm guessing - but they might be a bit leery to deal with vancouver
  16. Nikita Tryamkin | D

Didn't he break someone just leaning on them like that....like out for a whole whack of games.
  17. [discussion] Quantity for quality

There is always Montreal
  18. 2018 FIFA World Cup

i am canadian born but the first generation raised here despite my european ancestry i am not european i am 100% canadian the french players of colour are french their ancestry does not effect their nationality you sound a bit trump like in your approach and that is not a compliment
  19. [discussion] Quantity for quality

Just find out if Chia wants to make a trade for any of those guys. He’s your best bet. Something around Tanev for Puljujarvi.
  20. Battles at camp

Weircioch was a one year minimum salary contract. Schaller is making 1.9 million for 2 years. I think it's safe to say they are not in the same boat and Schaller will not be waived.
  21. Nikita Tryamkin | D

Nik doing push ups during the game,.
  22. [discussion] Quantity for quality

usually a quantity for quality trade can work in very limited circumstances if a team is quite weak and has numerous needs all over their roster they may be willing to give up 1 quality players to shore up a number of position needs that used to be what expansion teams were good candidates for but our last one went immediately to the finals so i guess that sort of team does not exist currently darn
  23. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

I've been on active member on this board for over 6 years and have been a fan of the Canucks since the 80's. You've been on CDC for a few months and I'll bet not even alive in the 80's. It's more "my board" than it is yours.
  24. Quinn Hughes Vs Rasmus Dahlin!

Sabres is a respected long time poster on this board. I can’t defend the grammar police aspect of any poster though...
  25. Jett Woo | D

When Woo makes it we trade for Letang and make that pairing! Woo LeTang clan! It’s their destiny!
  1. Load more activity