All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Now that's a true warrior, not like Luongo with his potty break in OT
  3. I will be surprised if any of those 3 names hit free agency. They will all be re-signed before that. Too bad because I would love Seth Jones
  4. I'm thinking Schenn knows he's not getting more than 1.5 million. He's likely trying to get 2 or even 3 years, instead of just 1 year on the term. If we could sign him to 2 years at 1.5 per years, I'd be okay with that.
  5. There's no bad blood. He would like to work for the Panthers organization one day and they wanted him to straight up retire rather than LTIR.
  6. I see it as pretty simple. You're either FOR him being our GM or AGAINST him being our GM. I certainly didn't read it as being for or against him succeeding. Although there are likely some who hated his being hired in the first place that didn't want him to succeed. lol
  7. We're going to run out of numbers! I'd say putting him in the ROH would be more appropriate.
  8. both dictionary.com and merriam-webster list the verb version ...
  9. I’m split on the jersey retirement idea. Personally, I feel like when it comes to a team retiring the #1, it should be for a goalie that’s won a Cup. However, Canucks history being what it is, and the precedents set with the current retired jerseys (and comparative careers/achievements of the players who wore them), does Luongo measure up? I lean toward yes. But if we were to retire the #1, I think the best approach would be a joint ceremony, with both McLean and Luongo going to the rafters. Similar to what the Leafs did with both Turk Broda and Johnny Bower. Of course, the Canucks don’t have the same kind of history as the Leafs, and we really shouldn’t try to compare. But I just like the idea of retiring the number itself, and honouring the two greatest Canucks goalies to wear it, instead of honouring one and not the other.
  10. I heard that they(Canucks/Luongo) knew the consequences and the League told them what would happen. Perhaps some internet sleuth can dig that out. IIRC there isn't anything the Nucks can do.
  11. Too bad there is no consequences for violating the Hatch Act for administration officials. If she had been employed by say the DOJ, there would have been a recommendation of termination. As it stands, only TRUMP!! could demand her resignation. Sad. FYI for the but but Obama crowd, there were a total of TWO violations by TWO different violations. The crypt keeper had 2 in 2018 and 11 in a more recent report for a total of 13. https://www.newsweek.com/kellyanne-conway-subpoena-hatch-act-1446085 KELLYANNE CONWAY HAD MORE HATCH ACT VIOLATION REPORTS FILED AGAINST HER THAN ANYONE ELSE IN 30 YEARS
  12. There’s already a topic on this. Since this one has some replies I’m just going to merge them. Cheers.
  13. Hahahaha the guy scored 108 goals in a single season for the wheat kings and has over 400 NHL goals. Have you ever held a stick? Ray is the man
  14. This is why English is a terrible language. I've literally gone through 3 dictionaries online and none of them had panic as a verb. I get what you are saying and I'm not going to say you're wrong, but for some reason the dictionaries don't see it as a verb, at least the ones I checked.
  15. I know you're joking, but the sad reality is we can't offersheet anyone for over $4m anyway because we lack the draft pick required for compensation.
  16. Looks like Lou gets the last laugh haha
  17. On NHLNumbers it looks like Vegas is in cap hell, is there a dman we could take off their hands? Do they have an obvious plan to get out from under?
  18. yeah it's definitely a verb though. an adjective is a word that describes a noun, like beautiful, or terrible.
  19. @maroe as well - Chistyakov, as well as others, I had to request be added to Fantrax a couple days ago, so it should all be taken care of now. The players that couldn't be added will have placeholders on their respective teams. If one of the other commissioners doesn't beat me to it, I'll change the expiry dates when I'm home in an hour or so.
  20. One of the most annoying things about this is there isn't anyone valuable on Florida's roster we can offer sheet.
  21. The Carolina Hurricanes have made a couple of trades to get back under the cap and balance their roster. Carolina calls up Carter Rowney and Sean Walker (to get an accurate read on cap/roster spots available).
  22. That's an adjective. lol (I edited my post above and added it)
  23. I wasn't and never said Loui>Marleau. I simply said they're not THAT far off. Only an 8 point difference and Marleau being 40, I fail to see how he is guaranteed to contribute more...
  24. Had Luongo played though we would never have been treated to this impressive skid mark courtesy of Eddie Lack.
  1. Load more activity