All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. One day you will be a old man too. And shaking a fist at the world.
  3. He's made a few this season, I don't watch the Sharks all that much either but he was noticeably better the first half of the season when healthy.
  4. Oh so before March he was always rushing up like he used to do in Ottawa? I really don't follow their team so not sure at all.
  5. Caufield is absolutely deserving of being a top-10 pick, even at 5'6, but he's just not the guy the Nucks need right now. We simply cannot go through another era where we're considered a 'soft skill' team (unless, say, that team is blisteringly fast), and we're already building around a Skinny Pete and a Mighty Mite Quinn. Podkolzin to me almost makes sense not just as a BPA, but as a fit on the Wing for EP+Boes. He loves to handle the puck and is pretty relentless on the forecheck. EP40 is deadly from anywhere inside the hashmarks, but he sometimes gets plugged up on his zone entries and runs out of space. Podz is great at gaining the zone. Boeser can bury just about any chance you give him, so even if Podz is not known for his point tallies... he plays a style that could free things up for the big boys. Not to mention he can skate and has great hands. I've been watching all of the draft eligible prospects very closely, and this is probably the most difficult draft position the Canucks have held in Benning's tenure. So many great options, with such a small margin for error. We cannot afford to blow this pick. Everybody has their preferences, and hindsight will be 20/20 regardless... but I've got my list down to 1. Boldy 2. Podkolzin 3. Broberg. with much love for Newhook, Seider, Soderstrom. I totally see the bust potential in Broberg that's others see, but I also see the unbelievable upside with his skating and puck possession. I like the way he plays a lot, tbh. (PS. Jimbo please get MORE PICKS! Dorofeyev is a freaking WIZARD with the puck, almost Petey-esque, and Hoglander is dripping in finesse. Nicholas Robertson looks like the next Alex Burrows. PICKS!)
  6. But you don't get to 'take' Kane's speed though - he's signed to 2025 - at a 7 million cap hit btw - and would cost you assets comparable to what they spent to get him in the 1st place. What I'm really talking about is a placeholder that brings a number of the elements that line could use - while the team continues to build longer term. The low cost/risk aspect of what he brings is worth thinking about im. Maroon may not have that speed - but he's a 1 yr x 1.75 million expiring contract - and at his age, role and production, that's likely where his market value lies/remains moving forward. Maroon - might not be a terrible stop gap - something I would take that over chasing bigger fish = small, skilled and highly expensive UFAs on the market - who I'd bypass altogether (pass on Panarin, pass on Skinner etc). For me it would be Nelson/Lee midrange type at the higher end of my list of players I pursue, and then a short term Maroon as an admittedly second tier placeholder option, but critically, one that is very low risk, and enables the team to retain all it's cap flexibility moving forward - he simply joins the class of Roussel, Beagle, et al for the time being. I know it's odd to read this coming out of me, but the option is kind of growing on me. It's somewhat similar imo to targetting a guy like Stralman - as opposed to chasing highly costly/risky Karlson types....Stralman at 32 yrs of age - is likely a willing shorter term 'placeholder' at this point - and at this stage, that's something I'd value more than high risks. Both these players would also be potential rental flips who might - like Vanek - if the playoffs are not in the cards here (yet). Neither of them complicate the expansion outlook. Neither of them are necessarily committed to over a terma that would/could get in the way of an emerging young player. That would be my more conservative (than most) 'plan' at this point.
  7. He doesn't do those rushes like he did in Ottawa because he has been playing with a groin injury since March. He is not “injury prone” he is simply currently injured and clearly not 100%
  8. There was a littletheme for this wedding~my little niece got her fingers on the cake XD

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0300.JPG

9. I dunno... as soon as people start insulting people for liking a team, it gets a bit weird
  10. I hope Big Nikita comes back and gives things another shot with the Canucks. Too bad his deal wasn't over this summer, make it even more reason to walk about from Edler if you had Hutton, Nikita and Quinn on the left side
  11. You're taking this too far. People can simply be passionate about their sports team without having personal issues.
  12. So some may know EA sports lost the licencing or something to make PGA games anymore, and another company decided to take on the PGA Golf games. I always liked the Tiger Woods games, but never liked them after they removed him from the cover. This year I decided to check out what they had for Golf again, so found out this information and checked out The Golf Club 2019 they were asking like $70 and I said screw it not worth it to try out a new company game. But..... This month the game is free on Xbox One for Gold Members, and it's only like 6GB size, just thought anyone who didn't want to buy it or has forgotten about Golf games here's a good opportunity to try out this new company one and really see going forward if they're worth it or not.
  13. Montreal is not giving up Domi. Domi played great there and fit in really well imo.
  14. does it matter why? Its just a bunch of people using sports as a proxy to hash out their own personal issues.
  15. I have my complaints too. But they aren't over the top as you so wisely put it.
  16. I wonder, if Benning were to make it known his interest in Lavoie, if MTL would make an offer to move up to #10. I believe MTL really wants this guy. I wouldn't be upset if we got him either, but maybe Benning could draft Newhook or Harley at #15? Not to mention what MTL would give to move up 5 spots, to get their man. I'll assume MTL would eventually want a Kotkaniemi - Lavoie one-two punch at C. to MTL - #10 and Tanev to VAN - #15, 1st (2020), Domi
  17. Exactly. Note that my response was because someone posted how they were surprised that people are cheering for the Blues. You know, calling others out for liking other teams.
  18. how's his skating? he's a big kid, and I've never seen him play...if he can skate he may be a steal given where he's ranked
  19. I'm starting to wonder if the style the sharks have him playing now is making him more injury prone. It seems now with the sharks then say with Ottawa he's been told to stay at home more and trust his forwards to generate the offense, he doesn't take those rushes from his own end as much anymore like he used to do in Ottawa all the time, so he's playing a more conservative stay at home D which is good, but by doing this it's having him take more hits in his own end now from the opponent's forwards finishing their checks, his body isn't used to this and it's starting to catch up on him I believe.
  20. Given most here are not very knowledgable of the players in the draft (not in a bad way, none of us have scouted them, watched them alot, are really able to compare), and pretty much all of us have only read articles, scouting reports and watched some clips on youtube, I am happy we have Bracket and Benning to make the picks. They have shown the strategy they've taken in their drafting to be quite effective. In years such as this, where 3-12 or further is such a guessing game, the skill of scouting departments will really matter. For me, I don't know much about any of the players as I have only done the above but whom I'm intrigued and not intrigued about are the following Caulfield - love the hands, not the size AND lack of speed. If you're that small, you need to be more than one dimensional, and speed is key. We've seen the game changes in the playoffs. He is high risk high reward but given the mix of our team we can't afford the risk. I don't think you can call him a BPA at ten given the combination of skill and size of other players. He's also a 'complimentary' player, we are in need of a play driver / play maker upfront, not just a sniper. We lack creativity and players who can maintain puck control upfront other than Petey, for me he's a pass Broberg - This kid has size, speed, smart defensively. I have heard questions on his hockey IQ but haven't seen enough to make my own judgements. All I know is when he's playing best on best at his age, he shines. As a left D however, he's a bit redundant for us as we are loaded on that side. Doesn't separate himself to be the BPA imho, but if Gradin likes him, I'd be happy with the choice Seider - Wildcard - I've liked this guy for a long time given his incredible toolbox. A RD with size, can skate, and plays physical. Could he be BETTER all around than Byram, maybe. He's playing against men, has the "euro discount" of not enough eyes on him, and as always, euros unless they are immensely superior (Aka Ovechkin) always are ranked lower than North Americans. It's why we got Petey. I would be very happy to see if this is the route we take, even if he's 'off the board'. Why? Because if its a reach, then our scouting team KNOWS this kid is a gem. Cam York - Another LD but seems to do everything really well. Newhook - looked very good at the u18s. I haven't seen much of him, and it worries me a bit he may be over rated by people here but again, if our scouts like him, given his numbers, toolbox, skating ability, I'd be a happy with it. Soderstrom - RD, fills a need, but from what I've seen of clips seems to be not 'great' at anything just good at everything. Perhaps I haven't seen enough of him but he feels like a 'Blah" overly safe pick. That being said, a higher floor and lower cieling given our issues on RD isn't a bad thing. But when I look at the RD's available at our pick, I still drool on the potential of Seider. Again, I trust Gradin immensely, if he thinks this is our guy, then he's going to be good. Regardless of who we pick, I think there will be alot of players chosen between 5-20 who could challenge to be the best in the draft after the top 2 who are sure bets. The draft is just that tight this year, it would be nice to see JB find a way to swing another mid to late 1st rounder without giving up any youth (ie move Tanev+ Sutter and maybe depth player that a team who wants to make a run next year, could use).
  21. ... in your opinion. Never underestimate your own bias, as I am slowly learning as I age. We are off to a better start now. Thank you. It makes the experience worth our time, time well-wasted, IMO. I’m not necessarily interested what you think, but rather how you think. Hate. That word is too cheaply thrown around today. Racist was yesterday’s fixation. I’d appreciate if you and I managed to stay out of the mental-weeds and refrain from labels, emotion and throwing stones at ideas or thoughts. I’m getting better at this... I think, as I try to understand positions not purely based on emotion or vicarious accounts. Would you like to key to tell me your thoughts on Marx? Or were you just caught venting about the content and words on the channel? Do you consider yourself a SJW? What do you identify with in today’s political sense? I’m a married, aging white man. I see I’m the butt of every damn joke out there today and I don’t think that is just, yet not many SJWs are taking that one on.
  22. I thought it was obvious I was just kidding around when I put in the same post....but apparently it was not clear to everyone it was a silly joke.
  23. Because he can crush skulls as our 13th forward? I'd take that in a heartbeat if he came as cheap as the previous poster suggested in a buy out scenario. Lucic is only a cost because of his contract. I'd much rather Lucic as a 4th liner at $1.5M than Gudbranson logging 18 minutes on the backend at $4M.
  1. Load more activity