All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It's nice to know we have some sizeable, capable depth, when required. Hope Big Mac keeps progressing, & is our 4th liner next season.
  3. also, sneak peak for what to expect from my upcoming game: we're going to REVOLUTIONIZE forum mafia, guys. expect the mafia historians of the future to take a look at what i'm going to do with this because it'll be like when u get a great prophet in civ vi: miracles, culture, advancement. everyone should sign up because you're not going down in the history books if you're not in for this one. hype.
  4. Or, we should follow the players' lead and not make a big deal out of it because it happens? Keep it in perspective, as they do? Thank God they don't react like some here do with dramatics like the world is ending. Battle through, learn from it and understand it happens. Bandwagon fans are often the ones who only support a team that wins (convincingly and without stumbling)....anything else and they're crap. "Done here". One person in particular says that then doesn't leave. It's hiliarious. I take it on the chin when I'm called a homer because, well, I am. And damn proud of it. This is my team and I don't expect them to be perfect...this is for fun and enjoyment, not critical and mostly negative analysis that sucks all the joy out of it. Observations? Sure. But wait until the game ends to decide if it was good or bad. Don't throw in the towel at the first sign of trouble (yes, at times there will be). Hang in there and support the team. They didn't pack it in or give up so why should we? Went away so I didn't have to engage any further. But here's a player basically saying "happens and you can adjust/learn from it". They did.
  5. For one day, y'all need to get over that. He had a goal Greener wanted him to hit, Jake didn't. He got one day with the nobodies. For all we know he just missed the goal that was set for him. He didn't come in like the Pillsbury doughboy. His icetime was not effected nor did he need time to get into shape. Hell he was used quite a bit in preseason and looked pretty good. Pretty sure he even lit it up the very first preseason game with top 6 ice time.
  6. Would any of you wish to join the Church of Jack Rathbone?
  7. Yes, pretty much agree with you about Demko tonight...….My comment was poorly worded, but I think you articulated it much better...…... Probably right about Marky as well
  8. I like the way you think--so far outside the box that the box is no longer relevant. If you exist in higher dimensions, the laws of the lower ones stop to matter. I think this is a likely outcome and would like to change my submission to the same as the quoted. e: actually no, sticking to my guns: 9-7 in a goalie's duel.
  9. St Loo must be feeling their injuries..bit of a downturn.
  10. I was really starting to question Green and his coaching, we are giving up leads right left and center, and I’m not going to blame it on the personnel because we have a tone of vets that have been there done that it’s not like we play our young guys much with 10 minutes to go and a lead. Not getting a full 60 is starting to become a massive problem with this team, which is contributing to ya giving up leads. Green needs to find a way to keep his players energize and fresh at the end of games and that maybe stop trying to just defend after good period where you have a 2+ goal lead and stop running our defensive guys dry at end of game. Injuries will happen when you play 30 of the last 40 minutes of games you have leads in, in your own zone because you have players like tanev and Eddie blocking everything. Or maybe you guys are seeing something I’m not
  11. Coming in with some late comments. 1. Exciting game and a big win. The team needed to put together wins and against Ottawa and Buffalo and it did. 2. Despite Wilfred's comment that we don't need to talk about Miller, I am going to talk about him anyway. I agree with the consensus that he has been the Canucks best player so far this season. Personally, I would have named him first star of today's game. Last year he got 13 goals in in 75 games. This year he has matched that in 30 games. And it is not just scoring. He is playing good defence, is excellent in the face-off circle (78% today), and contributes to the physical game (2 hits today). He has also been helping out effectively on the PK. He led the forwards in TOI today. I did not like the trade for Miller when it occurred and if his performance this year had been similar to last year I would have continued to have reservations. But Miller has obviously played way above expectations. He is scoring at better than a point per game and does everything well. So that trade is looking great now. 3. Hughes. I thought Hughes had another outstanding game. I was very glad to see him get on the board with an assist in OT as he deserved it. He almost scored in the first minute on a nice shot that almost got through Hutton. And he had a lot of great set-up during the game and some great looks himself. His 5-on-5 CORSI was 70% -- vastly better than anyone else in the game. Admittedly, he was not playing shutdown but, even so, that is a fantastic number. He does a great of job skating the puck out of trouble in his own end and keeping the puck in the O-zone with outstanding skating, passing, and hockey IQ. Like Miller, I think he has exceeded reasonable expectations by a big margin. He may not win the Calder but, barring injury, it seems pretty clear he will make the 3-man shortlist. Would be great to have a rookie in the top 3 for three years in a row. 4. Horvat. Horvat was hard-matched against Eichel and still had a CORSI percenatge above 50%. He did not get on the scoreboard but he had an excellent defensive game. I hope he is okay. 5. The fact that the Horvat line had the toughest minutes meant that the Beagle line had softer minutes than might be expected. But they still had a tough game and Beagle ended up -3. Their CORSI numbers were very low. Yes, Beagle and Ferland had some good high energy shifts, but they also had shifts where they had a hard time getting to the puck. We can't expect them to be great in their first game back and they weren't. 6. Agree with DeNiro that what we are seeing should remind up of how valuable Edler is. The PK has struggled since Edler went down and Edler is the guy you want out there when the other team has pulled to goalie. But Myers did have a good game tonight. Even before he scored it looked like he was getting much more engaged offensively. 7. Aside from Miller, the first line is still a bit quiet. Both EP and Boeser got on the board tonight, but I though Boeser in particular struggled and that we would expect those guys to do more, But fortunately the secondary scoring -- Roussel and Leivo -- came up big. Getting Roussel back has been great and Leivo seems to have really found his game. 8 Referees. Yes, the referees had a tough night. But I do not buy the story that referees are somehow biased against the Canucks. The Canucks still lead the lead in power play time and power play opportunities. Hard to see how that could happen if there were some general refereeing bias against the Canucks. As for the Horvat hit, I did not like it, but the referees did not see it, Neither did the coaches, the other players, or most of the spectators. 9. Demko was okay but not great. The Canucks gave up quite a few high quality chances and Demko was better than his save percentage of .821 suggests for tonight. Hope he can hang in there. But right now I think the single most important player on the team for making the playoffs is Marky. If Marky plays well, I think we are in. If not, I don't see how we can make it. 10. This would be a great time to put together a win streak. The Canucks have two days off before facing Toronto. and then they play every other night till Christmas. With the Division very close from 1st place through 6th place, every point is big.
  12. Canucks 37 - Leafs minus4 EP 1st goal QH with the GWG
  13. 5-2 Canucks. Canucks Score first Roussel. Going with the hot hand here. Game winner Going with B-rock.
  14. pretty much. It was a much bigger deal than that tho. Imagine having the stones to go from a hidden tax to one one that the public see's on every receipt. It was the right thing to do but I have a hard time seeing any modern politician having that kind of spine. Its easy to understand, imagine instead of you being able to get back all the GST you pay to run your trucking biz, you replace that with you paying 13% on everything your business buys. It was a huge deal for manufacturers in particular.
  15. All of his passes today just seemed to result in turnovers.
  16. 4-3 Canucks win Marner with the 1st goal Virtanen with the GWG
  17. That Tade is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving. Every time he gets a Goal or point, every Canuck fan smiles like the Grinch. The Grinch : Well, pucker up and kiss it, Whoville.
  18. There seems to be a few posters on here who rate this player far less than his actual worth. Josh is a player who puts out 100% on a regular basis, but his individual playmaking benefits far more when this team is healthy. He is a valuable complimentary player, not a lone standout.. a type of player that can create chemistry in a healthy line up.. and make it win. Tyler Motte is another, and I look forward to his return. When this team is fully healthy, it’s players like Leivo, Motte, Beagle, Rousell, and Schaller that keep the prowess of this team hot and hard to handle.
  1. Load more activity