All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Past hour
  2. Week 15 Week 16 Week 17 Week 18 Week 19 Week 20 1/3 of Season Highlights: Ovechkin's surge with more playing time has made Gougers the new season favorite leading the regular season Fluery keeping steady allows Best Hockey Team to consistently hold playoff spot Lundqivst head and shoulders above rest of competition for CHI with .845sv% Tarasenko turning into star for DC with 18 goals in 20 games Invasion become best team in Taylor Gang conference with dynamic MacKinnon + Toews combo and league-leading offense Rosario Radmosky Seal Team Simp's weakest skating in league (with NPH) wastes epic season from Cam Ward Baer tied for league lead in goals aiding Baer's team Underperforming season for Twitterbots stems from Craig Anderson's awful start to the year All-around scoring keeps Canucks afloat in a playoff spot Stats n Standings https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1csCGtf4-r8HbGXrCbVHhrluWl0llAdZTP-TWI_Ibu0M/edit?usp=sharing
  3. Bro... wait till Vasy meets the storm surge...those jerks will teach Vasy a lesson
  4. Playoff Preview: Vasy mother&^@#ing levsky went 51-9 That's equivalent to winning 6 out of 7 games in a 7 games series (you only need 4 to win) That's equivalent to landing 44 club thots in a 52 week calendar year where you go clubbing every Friday That's equivalent to having an army of 6,400,000,000 out of 7,500,000,000 world population That's equivalent to winning 10 out of 12 periods in a 4 game series...good luck winning a series where you win 2/12 periods That's equivalent to winning 5100 dollars and losing 900 for every round of poker played (+4200) That's equivalent to hitting a draft scout 9/10 times That's equivalent to banging 6620 broads in a year if you ask out 150 people on the Vancouver seawall everyday That's equivalent to getting away with 59 out of 69 murders That's equivalent to bending it like Beckham and scoring a screamer from 40 yards out So excited GMs, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus TBL's 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at playoffs. But then you take TBL's 75% chance of winning, if you was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, TBL got 141 2/3 chance of winning at playoffs. See GMs, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at playoffs...
  5. THE YOTES 2017-18 MVP - Jonathan Quick 2017-18 Leading Scorer - Max Domi 2017-18 Best Defenseman - Aaron Ekblad 2017-18 Best Goaltender - Jonathan Quick 2017-18 Top Rookie - Dylan Strome 2017-18 Unsung Hero - Michael Matheson
  6. 2017-18 MVP - Connor McDavid 2017-18 Leading Scorer - Connor McDavid 2017-18 Best Defenseman - Oscar Klefbom 2017-18 Best Goaltender - Ben Bishop 2017-18 Top Rookie - Jujhar Khaira 2017-18 Unsung Hero - Jesse Puljujarvi
  7. I'm not sure anything could make me happier than a Baertschi resurgence, especially if by some miracle he gets another chance with the Canucks.
  8. Hey there all! I had this idea for a new write-up and seeing as it's Canuck-focused I thought some on here might enjoy it, especially seeing as we're all eagerly awaiting the start of the play-ins in August. You can view it here on my site (which has cleaner formatting): https://hookedonhockeyhistory.wordpress.com/2020/07/09/top-10-seasons-for-canuck-goaltenders/ I've also posted it below since I know it can be a hassle to navigate to another site:
  9. Today
  10. 2017-18 MVP - JT Miller 2017-18 Leading Scorer - Elias Lindholm 2017-18 Best Defenseman - Jaccob Slavin 2017-18 Best Goaltender - Devan Dubnyk 2017-18 Top Rookie - Martin Frk 2017-18 Unsung Hero - Conor Sheary
  11. Japan is kind of a unique case. They have been suffering from deflation since the 90's. Even with all the monetary policy and expansion of debt... their inflation is only at 2%. Just to put things into perspective.... their mortgage rate is like 0.6%. I have no idea about business loans and stuff... but my father-in-law insists on keeping the business loan active instead of paying it off, even though they very profitable each year. Something about how the amount is negligible and that he's "thankful" of the bank for even giving the loan to begin with. Even if the yen starts to tank.... it's only good news for Japan's manufacturing sector. IIRC, anytime their FX is better than 90 yen per 1 USD.... it's almost guaranteed profitability for many major firms. A weak yen makes they will start taking business away from China, South Korea, etc. A weak yen does impact resource prices, especially energy.... but manufacturing still trumps that. Then there is the population "crisis".... both positive and negative. It puts pressure on social welfare as there are less people paying into it. But on the other hand, wages for the "millennial" and Gen Z will increase as the supply of labour will shrink and the boomers and Gen X starts retiring. Japan's workforce population is decreasing... but GDP is still inching up... thus it mean per capita GDP is increasing even greater. With many younger Japanese moving to Kanto and Kansai area, there is an exodus from many parts of Japan. "Smaller" cities in Japan (1-3 million range) are having trouble finding workers and with the decline in population, housing is very very cheap. People always claim that homes in Japan are expensive... that's only true if you're talking about the Greater Tokyo area. Even in Osaka (10 million+ population), you can get a very decent sized house, like 2500 square feet for like 300-400k Canadian, with amenities better than in Canada (every home has a sauna/hot tub, aircon/heater in every room, more efficient design, 5-10 minutes from 2 train stations/4 supermarkets/10 bars/20 restaurants/schools, etc). There may be a point where Japan may have trouble servicing it's debt... but the interest payments just goes back to the Japanese people. Cost of living ever decreasing, wage eventually going to increase, more and more automation... Japan's GDP crisis may just be overblown. Interestingly enough.... you always hear about how Japan need more immigrants (apparently usually from 3rd world places)... yet it would technically be more harmful in regards to wages, cost of living, etc.
  12. Well, I’m glad most if not all of our deficit is going towards helping businesses and provinces.
  13. FLORIDA PANTHERS 2017-18 TEAM AWARDS Most Valuable Player Unsung Hero Leading Scorer Best Defenseman Most Exciting Player Fan Favourite
  14. Congrats to David Pastrnak winning the Rocket Richard
  15. West GMs, feel free to begin UFA negotiations. USE THE SAME PM AS LAST TIME.
  16. This... Another 2 years and the extra cash will come in handy, when we most like likely are ready start pushing... Gotta look at the positives.. I'm still uneasy about the way it came about.... While we all agree the Canucks took it to the extreme, and teams were maybe warned, the league accepted the deals that were handed out. Funny how it's only the players on similar contracts to Lu that gets the weird illnesses.... 'forcing them' to go LTIR and retire.... don't know maybe its just me, but find it all a bit crooked... never mind. Onwards and upwards.
  17. Round 1 Matchups #1 Tampa Bay vs #8 Carolina #3 Florida vs #6 Toronto #2 Rangers vs #7 Montreal #4 Washington vs #5 Pittsburgh #1 San Jose vs #8 St. Louis #5 Anaheim vs #6 Edmonton #2 Nashville vs #7 Minnesota #3 Winnipeg vs #4 Chicago
  18. 2017-18 MVP - David Pastrnak 2017-18 Leading Scorer - Patrick Kane 2017-18 Best Defenseman - Duncan Keith 2017-18 Best Goaltender - Corey Crawford 2017-18 Top Rookie - Alex Debrincat 2017-18 Unsung Hero - Bryan Bickell
  19. April 13 https://imgur.com/a/ZBzCUmg April 14 https://imgur.com/a/oX6fbi5 April 15 https://imgur.com/a/aAxpjo1 FINAL Standings PERK TIERS FOR NEXT SEASON DO NOT PM ME FOR YOUR NEW PERKS YET, THE OLD ONES ARE STILL ACTIVE. OLD PERKS GO AWAY AS SOON AS THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMPLETED SO IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING LEFT, USE THEM UP. PLAYOFFS WILL OCCUR SATURDAY NIGHT. AGENTS MAY WANT TO OPEN UP RE-SIGNINGS IN THE MEANTIME WHILE I AM AWAY. WILL TRY AND WORK ON GETTING THE DRAFT PROSPECTS SHEET OUT PRIOR TO PLAYOFFS BEGINNING. now i must go sleep
  20. April 9 https://imgur.com/a/P0Iu925 April 10 https://imgur.com/a/mhHKjXj April 11 https://imgur.com/a/3T1AfGD April 12 https://imgur.com/a/BrR2Otn Standings
  21. ^^ Same as above That's what I'm talkin' bout!
  22. Yeah well, like that would be anything new, for the longest time we had to overpay to get guys to play here. However, JV does still need to mature a bit still and he's got leaders around to help with that, meh he'll be fine. JV should be paying attention and push himself hard, Hogs n Podz will be here soon and if he wants to make top 6 even he better keep upping his game or if he's topped out (which i hardly think it the case) he'll end up a career 3rd line, he does have 2nd line potential BUT if he makes it, it has to be from a lot more hard work.
  23. this is the case for all prospects right now since the AHL, CHL might not start up. this is why he should sign a contract with us right away to insure his professional status as a NHL player. He can also go back to school and be under contract with us.
  24. this is the case for all prospects right now since the AHL, CHL might not start up.
  25. April 5 https://imgur.com/a/rgLpDMM April 6 https://imgur.com/a/eFrVCVV April 7 https://imgur.com/a/iu2H7nM April 8 https://imgur.com/a/9siDd4n Standings
  1. Load more activity