The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] MTL - 2/6/2014 - 4:30PM

Strombone1

But when you don't get good views that is all you can and should do. Just get in good position and make yourself big, Lu a lot of times makes himself small and just moves a lot finding the puck, and then it goes in.

Price, Bernier and Quick aren't big goalies but look big and relaxed in net.

I think you are saying that based on current rhythm. Luongo being at the top of his crease when their are 4 bodies in front of him allows for deflections on the side of his pads when they are lateral. He is actually one of the few goalies that I see command his crease well. Blaming this on Lu is hardly the way to go. This defence with Edler, Hamhuis, Garrison and Bieksa have been very very bad at playing with confidence, even though the guy behind him (Lack or Lu) have constantly bailed them out.

I don't understand why they *insist* on the exact same PP setup. Always looking for the cross-slot pass. It's really good looking if it works but it's a low percentage play as there are usually 2 opposition sticks in that slot to tip or interfere with the pass.

It's like they're trying to prove a point to management that the team has no talent...

Archived