GML Deadline Quickly Approaches!
The GML Entry Draft is fast approaching as teams begin to load up for the upcoming playoff stretch. No 1st Round Picks have been moved in the last several months but 10 first round picks have already switched hands leading up to the 2020 Trade Deadline. It makes one wonder how many more first rounders could be in play? or are all the 1st's in play all that will be moved? We have seen several future second and third round picks moved in recent deals involving players like Anton Roussel, Richard Panik, and Braydon Coburn to name just a few. Minnesota contains the largest war chest of Draft Picks heading into the 2020 Draft. The team currently holds 2 first round picks, with a 3rd on the way. As the Wild are set to receive one of CBJ's remaining Firsts in the Samuel Girard deal. As it stands now Minnesoda could hold three First Round Picks in the top half of the draft, A pretty impressive feat. The Vegas Golden Knights also hold a large collection of First Round Picks including 1 early and 3 in the latter half of the first round.
Teams will be looking to load up in the coming days and we have seen some early moves by some of the leagues playoff hopefuls. With 9 firsts traded from the original owners now.. how many more will we see? you tell us! Some contenders have yet to load up and it should be an interesting run to the finish line as the teams vy for playoff spots! Several spots are still contested by only a few hundred points. There is definitely room for several teams outside the current wildcard spots to make a splash. With tight races in Pacific and Atlantic we might see some fireworks. We will see what teams go for it or hang back for the elusive chance to draft a potentially generational forward in Alex Lafreniere. The air is brisk and seas are calm. I am excited to see where this trade deadline leads!
Draft Lottery Standings
2020 GML DRAFT LOTTERY
Pick Ownership Original Team GM Top 3 Odds #1 OA NHL Club
1) Minnesota Wild (1930) Dak Prescott 49.4% 18.5% TBA
2) Vegas Golden Knights (2570) Monty 38.8% 13.5%
3) New York Rangers (2535) Rush17 33.9% 11.5%
4) Chicago Blackhawks (2743) Sludge 28.8% 9.5%
5) Anaheim Ducks (2834) Zenflamesfan 26.1% 8.5%
6) Edmonton Oilers (2886) CanuckSurfer 23.3% 7.5%
7) San Jose Sharks (2863) ThatMike 20.4% 6.5%
8) Los Angeles Kings (3081) Rush17 19.0% 6.0%
9) St Louis Blues (3106) bomba In Playoffs (not eligible)
10) Pittsburgh Penguins (3079) ActionJax09 16.0% 5.0%
11) Philadelphia Flyers (3105) vacant 11.4% 3.5%
12) Carolina Hurricanes (3197) Tony Romo 9.8% 3.0%
13) Toronto Maple Leafs (3222) RL 8.2% 2.5%
14) Colorado Avalanche (3292) aGENT In Playoffs (not eligible)
15) Calgary Flames (3413) Dak Prescott In Playoffs (not eligible)
16) Ottawa Senators (3589) winterhawks 6.6% 2.0%
17) Montreal Canadiens (3521) Snowflake 5.0% 1.5%
18) Dallas Stars (3606) TheMinister In Playoffs (not eligible)
19) New York Islanders (3656) Jaku 3.3% 1.0%
20) Buffalo Sabres (3622) Lethunder
21) Columbus Blue Jackets (3801) TheMinister
22) Boston Bruins (3701) greensman
23) Nashville Predators (3799) Sergei Bobrovksy
24) Arizona Coyotes (3922) Squeak
25) Florida Panthers (3994) Ty Webb
26) Tampa Bay Lightning (4072) Winter Solider
27) Vancouver Canucks (4113) Master Mind
28) Detroit Red Wings (4120) Azzy
29) Winnipeg Jets (4154) Monty
30) Washington Capitals (4493) Monty
31) New Jersey Devils (2690) Monty
"Columbus must give their choice of NYR or LAK draft pick (Round 1) to MIN on draft day. If the selection awarded is a top 10 pick, CBJ receives MIN 2020 3rd Round Draft Selection in return." Sam Girard deal.
"Columbus must give the NYR's CBJ's 2020 2nd; if the NYR 1st is 13th or better overall." 2019 Draft Day deal.
"Dallas must give COL their 2nd highest 1st of "DAL, BOS or CBJ" Picks in 2020. If that pick is a top 3 pick COL gets their 3rd best 1st and BOS 2020 4th. If 3rd OA pick is a top 3 pick COL does not receive BOS's 2020 4th." Andrei Vasilevskiy deal.
"If all VAN, PHI, COL make the playoffs in the NHL, and Claude Giroux re-signs in WPG; MTL receives NYI 2020 1st Round Pick via WPG. If Giroux re-signs in WPG but VAN, PHI, COL fail to make the playoffs MTL receives WPG 2021 4th. If all of these conditions are not met no pick is owed." Bo Horvat deal
All FC details including trades can be found on page 1, post 5. Click Here to view.