• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

32 Neutral

About Samk

  • Rank
    K-Wing Star
  • Birthday October 17

Contact Methods

  • ICQ 0

Profile Information

  • Gender Male
  • Location North Vancouver

Recent Profile Visitors

5,547 profile views
  1. The deal will see the short-form digital content showcased on HBO Now, HBO Go and other platforms. Also included in the pact is a first-look option for other film and TV ventures. The first HBO project will see the Daily Show alum work with cloud-graphics company OTOY, Inc. to develop new technology to allow Stewart to produce timely short-form digital content, which will be refreshed on HBO Now multiple times throughout the day. Additional projects will be announced as they are confirmed. "Jon Stewart led a revolution that changed the face of TV comedy on the Daily Show," said HBO programming president Michael Lombardo in a release announcing the news Tuesday. “He graced our network nearly 20 years ago, so we’re thrilled to welcome back his immense talents in this next chapter of his career.” Added Stewart: “Appearing on television 22 minutes a night clearly broke me. I’m pretty sure I can produce a few minutes of content every now and again.” The gig marks Stewart's first pact since stepping down from The Daily Show earlier this year after a 16-year run. The Comedy Central series recently won three Emmys, including variety series talk. During his run, the show received 23 Emmys and two Peabody Awards. Stewart is a two-time Oscar host, and he wrote the best-selling book Naked Pictures of Famous People and co-authored the best-selling books America (The Book): A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction and Earth (The Book): A Visitor’s Guide to the Human Race. He wrote and directed the 2014 feature film Rosewater. The deal brings Stewart back to HBO, where he previously had a stand-up special, Jon Stewart: Unleavened, and hosted George Carlin: 40 Years of Comedy and Mr. Show With Bob and David and had a recurring role on The Larry Sanders Show. For HBO, the Stewart deal comes as the premium cabler recently signed pacts with Bill Simmons, a Vice daily show and Sesame Street. Stewart joins John Oliver, who had filled in for him while he was filming Rosewater, at HBO. Source TL;DR: He basically signed a deal with HBO to produce short form content, once in a while. Most likely he will do special reports and things of that nature.
  2. [Retirement] Taylor Pyatt retires

    It's just a matter of time now....
  3. NBC is closing the book on Hannibal. The network has canceled Bryan Fuller's Silence of the Lambs prequel series after three seasons. The full 13-episode third season will run its course on Thursdays at 10 p.m., concluding Sept. 3. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that there may have been a rights issue at the center of the decision to end the series as Fuller had wanted to introduce Clarice Starling in season four, with the rights to the character previously portrayed by Jodie Foster said to be unavailable. Producers Gaumont TV are currently exploring options to find another home for the series. “NBC has allowed us to craft a television series that no other broadcast network would have dared, and kept us on the air for three seasons despite Cancelation Bear Chow ratings and images that would have shredded the eyeballs of lesser Standards & Practices enforcers," Fuller said in a statement. "[NBC Entertainment exec] Jen Salke and her team have been fantastic partners and creatively supportive beyond measure. Hannibal is finishing his last course at NBC’s table this summer, but a hungry cannibal can always dine again. And personally, I look forward to my next meal with NBC.” Added NBC in a statement: “We have been tremendously proud of Hannibal over its three seasons. Bryan and his team of writers and producers, as well as our incredible actors, have brought a visual palette of storytelling that has been second to none in all of television — broadcast or cable. We thank [producers] Gaumont and everyone involved in the show for their tireless efforts that have made Hannibal an incredible experience for audiences around the world.”
  4. The Book of Mormon

    I'm going Saturday, very excited!
  5. Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show

    Trevor Noah will take over the Daily Show Trevor Noah, 31, the South African comedian who is an on-air contributor on the show, will take the seat of Stewart, the longtime host who is signing off later this year. "It's an honor to follow Jon Stewart," Noah said in a statement. "In my brief time with the show they've made me feel so welcome. I'm excited to get started and work with such a fantastic group of people." Latest reports had Noah as the frontrunner for the position, and on Monday the comedy network confirmed those rumors. "Trevor Noah is an enormous talent," said Comedy Central president Michele Ganeless in a statement. "For the next host of 'The Daily Show,' we set out to find a fresh voice who can speak to our audience with a keen take on the events of the day, and we found that in Trevor." Read More:
  6. Gillian Anderson is currently doing 3 TV series and David Duchovny is doing 1 plus a book tour. I think they don't have the time to do a 20+ season. Plus I think the writting quality would be better with fewer episodes.
  7. X-Files returns to TV after 13 years off the air David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in a just-confirmed reboot of The X-Files, Fox Broadcasting Company says. The popular sci-fi series went off the air 13 years ago, taking with it its strange stories of unexplained paranormal drama. But the cult classic will return to Fox with a limited series of six new episodes, the show's creator Chris Carter revealed in a statement on Tuesday. The Vancouver-shot show, which centred on Mulder and Scully's investigations into mysterious FBI cases, or "X-Files," won multiple Emmy awards in its nine seasons and inspired two spinoff films. It also proved to be a major breakout hit for Fox. "The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture," said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. "I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," said Carter. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories." "Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we’re ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for.” Production on the new X-Files series is slated to begin this summer. It's not clear if the production will return to Vancouver, or if other popular characters, like William B. Davis's Smoking Man will return in the revived show.
  8. Jon Stewart leaving the Daily Show

    Sad day in satirical news. He probably wants to go direct more movies but I'd rather see him behind the Daily Show desk. At least John Oliver is kicking ass and will be there to fill the void. The rumor of Amy Poehler taking over sounds like a great idea even though it's just a rumor. John Hodgman would be good too. Who do you guys want to see take over?
  9. Kevin O'Leary Hits New Low

    He's a smart, crude buisness man. His demenure is very marketable and he plays up to it. Look at Simon Cowel, Donald Trump, Bill O'Reilly.... controversial tv personality arn't liked and are assholes, but they are entertaining and they make loads of money.
  10. Better Call Saul

    I think watching Breaking Bad make Better Call Saul a lot more enjoyable. There is a lot of throwbacks to BB and cameos. The show can stand on it's own but i'd deffinetly watch BB first.
  11. Justin Bieber Will Be Roasted on Comedy Central [March 7th] It’s official: Justin Bieber will be roasted on Comedy Central. The network announced Tuesday that Comedy Central Roast of Justin Bieber will tape in Los Angeles at a date and time still to be determined, though it already has a hashtag, #BieberRoast. “Justin has been asking us for a few years to roast him, and we just kept telling him to go create more source material first. We’re thrilled he listened,” Kent Alterman of Comedy Central said in a statement. In a remarkably similar choice of words, Bieber tweeted out the news: The fact that Bieber was tasked with creating more “source material” for the roast, does raise the specter of whether all of Bieber’s behavior (beef! drag races! spankings! drugs! monkeys!) has just been part of his effort to give Comedy Central the source material they were seeking. Perhaps Bieber is displaying Andy Kaufman levels of commitment to the task. Over the weekend, he proved he could take a joke after he tweeted “Well played. LOL.” in response to the send-up of his new Calvin Klein ads by Saturday Night Live actresses Kate McKinnon (as the pop star) and Cecily Strong (as the female model).
  12. It seems he might be getting another Talk Show. He's said he can't talk about it for legal reasons. It would be interesting to see if he is changing networks or going daytime or even maybe prime time.
  13. Sony proves terrorism works

    Absolutely pathetic move by Sony. I'm sure they didn't want any more leaks, they don't care about the attack threats. Homeland Security even said there was nothing to fear concerning the threats
  14. December 11, 2014 The Canadian Press OTTAWA – A divided Supreme Court of Canada has ruled that police can conduct a limited search of suspect’s cellphone without getting a search warrant, but they must follow strict rules. By a 4-3 margin, the court said in a precedent-setting ruling that the search must be directly related to the circumstances of a person's arrest and the police must keep detailed records of the search. Three dissenting justices said the police must get a search warrant in all cases except in rare instances where there is a danger to the public or the police, or if evidence could be destroyed. It is the first Supreme Court ruling on cellphone privacy, an issue that has spawned a series of divergent lower court rulings. The high court dismissed the appeal of the 2009 armed robbery conviction of Kevin Fearon, who argued unsuccessfully that police violated his charter rights when they searched his cellphone without a warrant after he’d robbed a Toronto jewelry kiosk. The court agreed that the police had in fact breached Fearon’s rights, but the evidence against him on his cellphone should not be excluded. “The police simply did something that they believed on reasonable grounds to be lawful and were proven wrong, after the fact, by developments in the jurisprudence,” Justice Thomas Cromwell wrote for the majority. “That is an honest mistake, reasonably made, not state misconduct that requires exclusion of evidence.” Cromwell said the court was trying to strike a balance between the demands of effective law enforcement and the public’s right to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures under Section 8 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. “In my view, we can achieve that balance with a rule that permits searches of cellphones incident to arrest, provided that the search – both what is searched and how it is searched – is strictly incidental to the arrest and that the police keep detailed notes of what has been searched and why.” The ruling laid out detailed criteria to guide police. The arrest must be lawful, and the search must be “truly incidental to the arrest” and “based on a valid law enforcement purpose,” it said. The ruling defined valid law enforcement as: protecting the police, accused or the public. That includes preserving evidence and discovering new evidence, “including locating additional suspects, in situations in which the investigation will be stymied or significantly hampered absent the ability to promptly search the cellphone incident to arrest.” Moreover, the ruling said a phone can subjected to a warrantless search if the “nature and the extent of the search are tailored to the purpose of the search” if police “take detailed notes of what they examined on the device and how it was searched.” That lack of proper note-taking was the one flaw the high court identified in Fearon’s arrest, but it said that wasn’t enough to exclude the evidence that was gathered from his phone. After police arrested Fearon, they found a relevant draft text message that referred to “jewelry” and photographs, including the handgun used the robbery. “We did it,” the text message read in part. Police later obtained a search warrant but found nothing more useful on the phone. The court said the evidence the officers presented in court about the initial search was unsatisfactory. One officer testified that he “had a look through the cellphone” and another said he did “some quick checks” for about two minutes. Beyond that, the court concluded, the police “were not able to provide many specifics.” Still, the high court allowed that evidence to stand – upholding Fearon’s conviction – and agreed with the original trial judge’s finding that excluding it would “would undermine the truth-seeking function of the justice system.” Writing for the three dissenters, Justice Andromache Karakatsanis said police should need a warrant in all cases to search a cellphone. “The intensely personal and uniquely pervasive sphere of privacy in our personal computers requires protection that is clear, practical and effective,” she wrote. She added the court’s majority ruling had proposed an “overly complicated template” for police to follow. “Fundamentally, my colleague’s approach puts the balancing decision in the hands of the police,” Karakatsanis wrote. “I doubt not that police officers faced with this decision would act in good faith, but I do not think that they are in the best position to determine ‘with great circumspection’ whether the law enforcement objectives clearly outweigh the potentially significant intrusion on privacy in the search of a personal cellphone or computer,” she added. “If they are wrong, the subsequent exclusion of the evidence will not remedy the initial privacy violation.”
  15. Nominations for the 2015 Golden Globe Awards, which takes place January 11, 2015.