Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Community Status Updates

Photo

Heretic

JB: "We had calls on Zack but it's hard to find a player with his size & skill. The last two weeks have been a big step in right direction."
37 minutes ago
  • drummer4now's Photo
    drummer4now
    ^Yes sir
    12 minutes ago
  • Warhippy's Photo
    Warhippy
    agreed BM. Kinda gotten old. the fact that threads over 160 pages in less than a month is ridiculous. let it play out
    11 minutes ago
  • PlayStation's Photo
    PlayStation
    I'll leave this here:

Benning: "Maybe we called some teams on Zack to see if there was interest" -Botchford
    2 minutes ago
Photo

SwedeHockey

Is the pick we gave up in the trade a 2015 2nd or 2017 2nd? Everyone on CDC says it is a 2017 and on NHL.com it says its a 2017.
48 minutes ago
Photo

SwedeHockey

Is the pick we gave up in the trade a 2015 2nd or 2017 2nd? Everyone on CDC says it is a 2017 and on NHL.com it says its a 2017.
48 minutes ago
Photo

Time Lord

Was the traded pick a 2nd 2015, or a 2nd 2017? Sportsnet reported it as 2015, but I keep seeing posts about it being 2017.
53 minutes ago
  • StealthNuck's Photo
    StealthNuck
    2015, confirmed by Canucks twitter.
    48 minutes ago
  • Time Lord's Photo
    Time Lord
    Ok, thanks.
    44 minutes ago
  • TheOddCanuckling's Photo
    TheOddCanuckling
    And Benning also confirmed that in the press after the deadline.
    35 minutes ago
Photo

Warhippy

A little surprised Gross Misconduct and LoLClarkson aren't huddled in a corner in each others' arms knowing Kassian is now and will be a Canuck and maiming teams in the process for the foreseeable future. Gonna have to invnet new rumours and insinutations aout his character I guess to get by eh guys?
57 minutes ago
Photo

Van_City123

Really liked what Jim Benning did today.
Today, 03:49 PM
  • I♥Huberdeau's Photo
    I♥Huberdeau
    Bear Cheese!
    46 minutes ago
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    he said that they were trying to stock this franchise with more good players in the 22 to 26 age bracket...they could easily move out players for picks at the end of the season...bieksa, kassian and a goalie.
    44 minutes ago
  • DefendParis's Photo
    DefendParis
    I agree. These are ke trades for the future.
    21 minutes ago
Photo

Gross-Misconduct

A little surprised Benning admited phoning teams trying to dump Kassian
Today, 03:37 PM
  • desiboynux4lifee*******'s Photo
    desiboynux4lifee*******
    if benning said that, Tsn would make it front page material.
    Today, 04:04 PM
  • Wilbur's Photo
    Wilbur
    He didn't say he was trying to dump Kassian. He said he phoned a few teams to see if they would part with certain players for him.
    57 minutes ago
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    he said that teams had called him about several players and that they may have talked to some teams about what they would trade for kassian...he said if players were involved that could give what kassian gives and a little more they would consider it...i'm sure that they don't feel that kassian's play, although pretty good, is something he can keep up...just my thought...they know more about the player than we do...
    51 minutes ago
Photo

Gstank29

Interesting the Benning thinks the 2016 NHL draft is deeper than this years. Did some research. There are 10 98 born players in the WHL averaging over .75 PPG. Also there is Sean Day and Jakob Churych who are suppose to be excellent prospects out of the OHL
Today, 03:16 PM
  • Gstank29's Photo
    Gstank29
    I would have to agree with him. so far
    Today, 03:26 PM
  • Gstank29's Photo
    Gstank29
    ^^^ but the fact that they are already producing at about a PPG says something
    Today, 03:29 PM
  • TheOddCanuckling's Photo
    TheOddCanuckling
    I think we could get Jake Bean next year. He's a great PMD who plays with the Hitmen. I've been watching Virtanen play a lot and one thing that stood out on Hitmen's d is Jake Bean. He's a great PMD, decent size, PPQB, and is projected around the mid-to late first round. Only thing he needs to do is add weight. His frame is alright at 6'0.

id grab him.
    Today, 03:36 PM
Photo

TheRussianRocket™

Bruins traded 2 2nd round picks for Connolly. Nucks trade 1 2nd for Baertschi. JB playing chess while some are learning checkers.
Today, 02:58 PM
  • Time Lord's Photo
    Time Lord
    It seems like most fans like the trade. I admit, I haven't known much about Baertschi the past few years, but my first reaction was that it was a bad trade. Is Baertschi really the type of player we need?
    Today, 04:04 PM
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    baerschi played for green when playing for portland winter hawks...his numbers were very good..he said coach green was excited to get him on utica...hopefully he can help sven, get his mojo back...worth a try.
    48 minutes ago
Photo

c00kies

Anaheim stole Despres from Pittsburgh.
Today, 02:56 PM
  • MayRayDown's Photo
    MayRayDown
    Lovejoy is a better depth defender and has history with pittsburgh while Despres won't reach his top 4 potential
    Today, 03:09 PM
Photo

RRypien37

The Vancouver Pillows just keep getting more fluffy
Today, 02:23 PM
  • Gstank29's Photo
    Gstank29
    5'11 190 isnt excatly a pillow
    Today, 03:24 PM
  • PhillipBlunt's Photo
    PhillipBlunt
    Rrypien is obsessed with grit. Obsessed I tells ya!
    Today, 03:34 PM
  • RRypien37's Photo
    RRypien37
    @Warhippy Rypien was soft? I don't even.....@PhillipBlunt it's not an obsession it's wanting a team that will succeed in the pacific division without getting pushed around for the countless season...
    46 minutes ago
Photo

Ossi Vaananen

Wow, last time I use TSN. Got a new TC in a square built into the bottom left corner of my TV...
Today, 02:13 PM
Photo

TheOddCanuckling

Calgarypuck is flipping crap....
Today, 02:13 PM
  • Mathew Barzal's Photo
    Mathew Barzal
    Lol, they're so mad that Baertschi demanded a trade.
    Today, 03:01 PM
Photo

Rick Grimes

When it comes to what he needs to develop; think of Sven Baerstchi as a reverse Zack Kassian; not alot of grit, but fast, great hands and will put up points, its just a matter of how many.
Today, 02:02 PM
Photo

Warhippy

Someone should start a cap floor thread involving teams that now have to scramble to meet that cap floor. IN all seriousness there's a serious market now for teams to PAY to have contracts offloaded and some teams will get paid hard for it
Today, 01:58 PM
  • Wilbur's Photo
    Wilbur
    And the Leafs wait patiently.
    Today, 02:01 PM

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.