Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Community Status Updates

Photo
Photo

JohnScott

Who has a more successful NHL career? Shinkaruk or Baertschi?
25 minutes ago
  • TheRussianRocket™'s Photo
    TheRussianRocket™
    Idk, I guess we can only find out after they see more time in the NHL.
    22 minutes ago
  • Tom Sestito's Photo
    Tom Sestito
    baerts.
    20 minutes ago
  • S N Y P E R S 7's Photo
    S N Y P E R S 7
    John Scott. John Scott has a better career in the National Hockey League of Legends.
    3 minutes ago
Photo

Tom Sestito

Huge fan of the Baertschi trade. He's so much more dynamic than Vey is and was. That's why I didn't like that trade in the summer, especially considering that was the pick we got for garrison. Baertschi is definitely worth it.
31 minutes ago
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    vey is going to be a good player going forward...he needs to put on some weight and get stronger...
    17 minutes ago
  • Tom Sestito's Photo
    Tom Sestito
    Joe it's not about strength and all that for me, it's about mental toughness and how much you want it. I just don't see that in him but that's my opinion.
    14 minutes ago
  • Phil_314's Photo
    Phil_314
    hear, hear! Now just hope we can get a young defensive stud for the back end and we could be good to go.
    5 minutes ago
Photo

HowYaDrouin

With the aquisition of Sven, I can almost guarantee that we take a Dman in the 1st; barring a huge faller.
39 minutes ago
  • jdatb's Photo
    jdatb
    I'd love Barzal if he falls
    29 minutes ago
  • Plum's Photo
    Plum
    Yeah, I hope they don't fall into the "you can get a good defenceman late in the draft like Keith, Weber and Subban."
    27 minutes ago
  • HowYaDrouin's Photo
    HowYaDrouin
    ^agreeing on all points.

Barzal would be one of the few guys that I could see Benning taking in the 1st if he falls. He's been gushing over him all year. I feel like we have good LW - C - RW depth now, just lacking a blue-chip D prospect.
    26 minutes ago
Photo

Nicklas Bo Hunter

Baertschi Conacher Jensen. Good Line For Utica.
41 minutes ago
  • JohnScott's Photo
    JohnScott
    Jensen's stats will rise. Utica is stacked
    33 minutes ago
Photo

Rick Grimes

Lol @ Every Idiot complaining about Benning moving picks.
47 minutes ago
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    they can collect picks before the draft...no worries..
    16 minutes ago
Photo

OptionalPants

well...flames fans seem really upset about this trade, that is probably a good thing
58 minutes ago
  • desiboynux4lifee*******'s Photo
    desiboynux4lifee*******
    After reading the message boards, It's obivious flame fans have serious bipolar issues. But lets be in their shoes, imagine Benning traded away Jensen for a 2nd rounder.
    54 minutes ago
  • Phil_314's Photo
    Phil_314
    ^
    good comparison
    44 minutes ago
  • Time Lord's Photo
    Time Lord
    Baertschi was also picked 16 spots before Jensen
    34 minutes ago
Photo

Heretic

JB: "We had calls on Zack but it's hard to find a player with his size & skill. The last two weeks have been a big step in right direction."
Today, 04:28 PM
  • drummer4now's Photo
    drummer4now
    ^Yes sir
    Today, 04:53 PM
  • Warhippy's Photo
    Warhippy
    agreed BM. Kinda gotten old. the fact that threads over 160 pages in less than a month is ridiculous. let it play out
    Today, 04:54 PM
  • PlayStation's Photo
    PlayStation
    I'll leave this here:

Benning: "Maybe we called some teams on Zack to see if there was interest" -Botchford
    Today, 05:03 PM
Photo

SwedeHockey

Is the pick we gave up in the trade a 2015 2nd or 2017 2nd? Everyone on CDC says it is a 2017 and on NHL.com it says its a 2017.
Today, 04:17 PM
  • SwedeHockey's Photo
    SwedeHockey
    ^ NHL.com haha
    Today, 04:24 PM
  • TheOddCanuckling's Photo
    TheOddCanuckling
    Actually it was Sportsnet. :P
    Today, 04:30 PM
  • Canucks1219's Photo
    Canucks1219
    Who specifically said it, by the way? If it's anyone other than Friedmann, I wouldn't be surprised.
    Today, 05:06 PM
Photo

SwedeHockey

Is the pick we gave up in the trade a 2015 2nd or 2017 2nd? Everyone on CDC says it is a 2017 and on NHL.com it says its a 2017.
Photo

Time Lord

Was the traded pick a 2nd 2015, or a 2nd 2017? Sportsnet reported it as 2015, but I keep seeing posts about it being 2017.
Today, 04:12 PM
  • StealthNuck's Photo
    StealthNuck
    2015, confirmed by Canucks twitter.
  • Time Lord's Photo
    Time Lord
    Ok, thanks.
    Today, 04:21 PM
    TheOddCanuckling
    And Benning also confirmed that in the press after the deadline.
    Today, 04:30 PM
Photo

Warhippy

A little surprised Gross Misconduct and LoLClarkson aren't huddled in a corner in each others' arms knowing Kassian is now and will be a Canuck and maiming teams in the process for the foreseeable future. Gonna have to invnet new rumours and insinutations aout his character I guess to get by eh guys?
Today, 04:07 PM
Photo

Van_City123

Really liked what Jim Benning did today.
Today, 03:49 PM
  • I♥Huberdeau's Photo
    I♥Huberdeau
    Bear Cheese!
    Today, 04:19 PM
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    he said that they were trying to stock this franchise with more good players in the 22 to 26 age bracket...they could easily move out players for picks at the end of the season...bieksa, kassian and a goalie.
    Today, 04:21 PM
  • DefendParis's Photo
    DefendParis
    I agree. These are ke trades for the future.
    Today, 04:44 PM
Photo

Gross-Misconduct

A little surprised Benning admited phoning teams trying to dump Kassian
Today, 03:37 PM
  • desiboynux4lifee*******'s Photo
    desiboynux4lifee*******
    if benning said that, Tsn would make it front page material.
    Today, 04:04 PM
  • Wilbur's Photo
    Wilbur
    He didn't say he was trying to dump Kassian. He said he phoned a few teams to see if they would part with certain players for him.
    Today, 04:08 PM
  • smithers joe's Photo
    smithers joe
    he said that teams had called him about several players and that they may have talked to some teams about what they would trade for kassian...he said if players were involved that could give what kassian gives and a little more they would consider it...i'm sure that they don't feel that kassian's play, although pretty good, is something he can keep up...just my thought...they know more about the player than we do...
    Today, 04:14 PM
Photo

Gstank29

Interesting the Benning thinks the 2016 NHL draft is deeper than this years. Did some research. There are 10 98 born players in the WHL averaging over .75 PPG. Also there is Sean Day and Jakob Churych who are suppose to be excellent prospects out of the OHL
Today, 03:16 PM
  • Gstank29's Photo
    Gstank29
    I would have to agree with him. so far
    Today, 03:26 PM
  • Gstank29's Photo
    Gstank29
    ^^^ but the fact that they are already producing at about a PPG says something
    Today, 03:29 PM
    TheOddCanuckling
    I think we could get Jake Bean next year. He's a great PMD who plays with the Hitmen. I've been watching Virtanen play a lot and one thing that stood out on Hitmen's d is Jake Bean. He's a great PMD, decent size, PPQB, and is projected around the mid-to late first round. Only thing he needs to do is add weight. His frame is alright at 6'0.

id grab him.
    Today, 03:36 PM

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.