Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sonnychiba

Eastside hockey manager = dope

No I use the orginal DB or I also have a lidas 1 but I don't like running a patch all the time thats why I haven't updated to the Manimal rosters.

Here is the best prospect I have ever drafted in the CHL during his rookie year we won the President and Memorial Cups and Hiebert didn't even get playoff MVP went to another one of my guys who had 29 goals in the playoffs. lol

9bepn6.jpg

This is just a random screenshot I thought I'd share. A 6minute natural hattrick to win the game right at the end.

sm38th.jpg

Nice.

I signed Schneider when his contract was up and traded him the following season along Gragnani (established himself as a legitimate NHL'er with two consecutive 30 point seasons and a +7.20 rating).

To Boston: Schneider, Gragnani

To Vancouver: Marcus Foligno, Dougie Hamilton and Morgan Rielly

There was also Huberdeau and Ellerby from the Panthers for Schneider.

Ponikarovsky, Jeff Schultz and Jacob Trouba from the Caps for Schneider and Grags

Or Vrbata and Ott from the Stars for Schneider and Grags.

Talk about a block buster. Rask was traded to the Oilers. But it doesn't say for who. That or he and the Bruins couldn't agree on a contract and they lost out on him altogether :lol:

Ya, you have the same problem as me. Scoring is way up. My original game with this certain patch made the scoring realistic. Scoring in my new game is up. The norm for goalies now is a high 2.xx goals against. Schneider actually had one of the best GAA and save % with less than 2.50 and above .920 in 35 games played. I just imagine that the NHL wanted more scoring so they went ahead with the larger nets idea. LOL

Wow, thanks for bumping this thread. Totally forgot about it.

Anyways, managed to snag the Selanne, Alfredsson, and Holmstrom regens all in one draft without even realizing it. Drafted the Visnovsky regen two years later and he's developing at an incredible rate. I've won like 5 cups in the last 6 years and I don't think that's changing any time soon. :lol:

I started a original DB file as the canucks, I have been choosing tactics and editing lines a lot this time around. I blew up the roster after 1 season and made moves for Hossa, signed Lindros, traded for seabrook but I lost Hossa for a couple months to a partially torn ACL so my team is in March and struggling to stay in playoff contention and even recently lost Naslund and Luongo for 10 day stretches which is putting me in even more dire circumstances. :frantic: I also activated Orr, Gretzky and Lemiuex so there regens should be coming up in a few years so I have been stocking 1st rounders but that is still a couple seasons away so hopefully I make the playoffs.

I still have my other file with those screen shots stowed away just wanted to try and do some of the coaching myself and had an urge to play as the Canucks.

@Tortorella's Rant: I have never had Schneider turn out good in any of my files usually doesn't even become a solid backup, are you using the Manimal rosters? And they made this game right after the lockout when penalties were being called like crazy so that is why so many goals are usually scored because there is a lot of special teams play in EHM 07.

I started a original DB file as the canucks, I have been choosing tactics and editing lines a lot this time around. I blew up the roster after 1 season and made moves for Hossa, signed Lindros, traded for seabrook but I lost Hossa for a couple months to a partially torn ACL so my team is in March and struggling to stay in playoff contention and even recently lost Naslund and Luongo for 10 day stretches which is putting me in even more dire circumstances. :frantic: I also activated Orr, Gretzky and Lemiuex so there regens should be coming up in a few years so I have been stocking 1st rounders but that is still a couple seasons away so hopefully I make the playoffs.

I still have my other file with those screen shots stowed away just wanted to try and do some of the coaching myself and had an urge to play as the Canucks.

@Tortorella's Rant: I have never had Schneider turn out good in any of my files usually doesn't even become a solid backup, are you using the Manimal rosters? And they made this game right after the lockout when penalties were being called like crazy so that is why so many goals are usually scored because there is a lot of special teams play in EHM 07.

Yes. version 4.1 I think. Scneids is higher than Luongo on the depth chart too.

Maybe. I don't remember what it was like playing without any patches, roster updates etc. And I don't know what patch I did download originally, it was years ago, but it did control the goal totals unlike this patch. There were about 5,6,7,8 players over the 100 point plateau. More like how it actually is today. This patch has that to about 15. There are about 30 players in the WHL with 100+ points and the average GAA is around 3. Emerson Etem had 68 goals. But on ehmtheblueline forum, Manimal? had mentioned that he did not get around to limiting WHL production yet which explains these unrealistic numbers

Made playoffs but then Lindros and Chubarov, top 2 centers, went down for 3 weeks each from practice injuries as well Salo and one of my bottom 6 wingers went down for about a week. Suffice it to say I lost in the 1st round to the 8th seed although I did have a few overtime losses but never won a game.

So I was Canada's GM, played a couple of great games.

Semi-final against Russia:

classich.jpg

Final against Sweden:

almostblewit.jpg

Nice games, who was the goalie that let in so many goals though?

Nice games, who was the goalie that let in so many goals though?

I'm almost certain that it was Cam Ward lol.

Made playoffs but then Lindros and Chubarov, top 2 centers, went down for 3 weeks each from practice injuries as well Salo and one of my bottom 6 wingers went down for about a week. Suffice it to say I lost in the 1st round to the 8th seed although I did have a few overtime losses but never won a game.

I remember Chubarov being pretty good.

I assume it's not possible to put players on different teams with the saved game editor? I want to send Crosby back to the Pens and edit his contract mimicking that in real life. Not because the Oilers are stacked but because Crosby is probably going to spend most of his career in Pittsburgh. The Oilers are stacked right now up front though: Crosby, Parise, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Weiss, Hemsky

Yeah, I can't edit Weber's contract either :-/

Yeah Chubarov is pretty good in the original DB. Perfect 2nd line center, he is great defensively but can still put up almost point per game numbers.

so i just recently downloaded the torrent. The cap is set to 1 billion but no team spends that high as they like the stay in budget so if it aint broke dont fix it right? but whatever, i started with the Washington Capitals. i believe roster are 08/09 or 09/10.

this is my roster

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin

Walker-Morrison-Knuble

Chimera-Belanger-Fehr

Fleischmann-Laich-Steckel

Corvo-Green

Poti-Morrisonn

Schultz-Jurcina

Theodore

Varlamov

through one month of play, the team has a .500 record with 6-6-0. Good for 9th in the east. Number goalie 1 goalie Jose Theodore has been lost for 10 days due to a thigh strain. he current has a record of 3-3-0, 3.51 GAA and a 0.864 save %. Semyan Varlamov is currently 2-3, 3.54 GAA and a 0.877 save %. Joe Corvo has missed a few games due to injury. Dave Steckal was out for a month with ankle sprain ligaments. Eric Fehr and Brendan Morrison lead the team with 6 goals a peice. 3 others are tied at 5. Mike Knuble leads the team with 8 assists. 4 others tied at 7. The leading point getters are Brendan Morrison and Mike knuble at 13. Eric Fehr is 2nd with 12.

Now hopefully its time to accend in the standings in November.

I've got that $1B cap version too - I'm only spending $72m of it :lol:

Am in the third season with the Nucks, one cup and one western finals appearance to my name. The Sedins have potted 130+ points in each season, and my two new acquisitions, Crosby and Zherdev, are scoring at 2PPG after 30 games. Edler scored 78pts last year, and Eric Brewer was a +82.

I love this sim!

Where do you guys get your updates / chat about ehm?

hfboards fantasy section there is a thread that is much more lively.