5157 replies to this topic

#5071 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just not a big fan of fantasy drafts I guess, I prefer the history being in line.

That file as well as the one after died, it was a messed up DB :( but I went with original DB this time and made it passed the date it kept failing on. My roster in 2008 is

Heatley-Thornton-Naslund
Bulis-Gaustad-Cooke
Pyatt-Betts-Ortmeyer
Burrows-Rypien-Shelly
R.Murray

Ohlund-Stuart
Bourdon-Salo
Bieksa-Jokela

Luongo
Sabourain

Got Heater from trade in 1st season and Thornton from UFA because he was best available center, not trying to recreate sharks. :lol: This team with BMO and Rod Brind'Amour as top 2 centers and Lubomir Visnovsky on D lost in SCF last season so I went a different direction. At this point I probably won't resign most of my older core guys and rebuild a bit as the regen drafts start, in the original DB, around 2010-11.

This is Bourdon's rookie season and he got 1st rookie of the month award so thats pretty good. My scouts seem convinced he is going to be a top 1-2 dman and in trade screen they are concerned about giving away a franchise player so I think he is pretty good this go around. :emot-parrot: But Luongo sucks he did great in the playoffs last season but every season he has had 0.906s% even when having such good teams in front of him, he makes it hard to make the playoffs. I'm seriously considering trading him in the offseason

Blair Betts is awesome in the original version! Jokela isn't bad either. Both guys I've had on my team before. Bourdon was a dud for me. Luongo was a beast for me. It seems to vary, lol.

I guess I have to fire the coaching staff. Specifically AV. Bowness and co. are up for renewals and wont be re-signed. I've stacked this team for the last couple seasons and they still can't get back to the SCF. Lost to the Kings in the semi's last year, I just lost to the Hawks in the WCF. Kesler a dud with zero points in five games in the series.

Sedin-Sedin-Nash
M.Foligno-Kesler-Burrows
M.Martin-Lapierre-Malhotra
Bouma-Hishon-Kassian

Hansen

Hamhuis-Edler
Rielly-Gorges
Alberts-Bieksa

Tanev

Luongo
Lack

*sigh..

MacTavish is still on the farm, maybe I'll go for him.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 16 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

#5072 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Nice picking up Nash, I can never get him because he is untouchable. Losing to the Hawks is tough I feel for you. :lol: I also hate losing my 1st SCF visit in EHM because it almost feels like you get off on a bad foot then if you lose anymore it seems like you'll never win.

Bourdon is still rounding out, he had a rough rookie season then got injured for 8 months last season but is playing solid so far, dmen don't peak until 28 so he has some time before I call him a bust.

Well with essentially that lineup and a few bottom 6 changes, adding some more tough guys like Laraque, we won the cup in 2010. Then I traded Luongo for picks because while his playoffs were great his regular season just weren't good enough considering the cap constraints I was having. So with minor raises dolled out and Esche brought in via FA at a lesser cost then Loui we won back to back cups. 3 appearances in 4 years and back to back Cups is a pretty good mini dynasty.

I then let Thornton and Naslund go to FA in the offseason so I could start to rebuild while regens start going through the draft. But my team just wouldn't lose so about midway through December I traded Esche(got Harding who I then flipped for more picks because he was to good as well), Torres(who turned into a PPG guy and put up 30-40g 8.5avg.rating) Now my team is on down trend and I can enact my rebuild, I know it seems ridiculous to force my team into a rebuild like that but with original salary cap everyone was slowly becoming to expensive/old(or some combination of the 2 lol) to keep and holding onto a decent season with Heater just to most likely get bounced in the 1st round doesn't sound appealing to me right now.

I already have what I believe are Chelios and Burke regens. Not sure about the Burke one got him in top 10 but only 10 con and I don't think he is good enough to be Belfour or Cujo that is why I think it is Sean Burke.

Edit:Turns out it wasn't a Sean Burke regen, as he came out in the next draft, and is probably just a nameless goalie but I made a move and hopefully picked up the Belfour regen in the middle of the 1st round in the next draft.

Edited by RO8!!, 18 February 2013 - 04:09 PM.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5073 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

can someone hook me up with a DL link?

Sasuke_Signature_by_robstylz.png

the_man_on_the_moon___paul_pogba_by_yupp

#5074 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

can someone hook me up with a DL link?

Sorry I got a legit version when they were still sold. You could probably find a torrent for a cracked version but I think some people are still downloading the demo and buying their license through it, as you can't buy them through the SI site anymore. Not sure myself but there is definitely ways to get the game still. And if none of those prove useful to you OOTP is developing a similar hockey GM game but it won't be released until about September, if you pre-order you get beta versions until full release..

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5075 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,187 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sorry I got a legit version when they were still sold. You could probably find a torrent for a cracked version but I think some people are still downloading the demo and buying their license through it, as you can't buy them through the SI site anymore. Not sure myself but there is definitely ways to get the game still. And if none of those prove useful to you OOTP is developing a similar hockey GM game but it won't be released until about September, if you pre-order you get beta versions until full release..

I strongly recommend OOTP's version (Franchise Hockey Manager). It's still pretty glitchy, but buying it now saves you about $10 later when the full release comes out in September.

Anyways, I bought the game today and it definitely has the potential to be much better than EHM. As I said, it certainly has glitches and other things that need to be fixed, but once those are patched up the game will be phenomenal.

I was considering starting a separate thread for FHM but I doubt many people here have it yet, so I'll just post about it in here for now. I started a game with the Canucks with current rosters and finished the season. We finished first in the West and I would be playing the Ducks in the first round, but the game keeps crashing whenever I try to sim our first game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Legwand - Kassian
Vandermeer - Lapierre - Weise
Schroeder, Malhotra

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Hedman
Tanev

Luongo
Lack

Traded Schneider for Hedman at the beginning of the season (wasn't expecting them to accept) and flipped Raymond and a 7th for Legwand at the deadline.

Legwand was struggling with Nashville but he's put up nearly a point per game on the 3rd line with us since the deadline. Raymond was stuck on the fourth line and his contract was expiring so I figured he was a good bargaining chip. Schroeder was doing alright at 3C but Legwand really strengthens that line.

My defense was marred with injuries throughout the season so having all that depth really helped. Everyone except Ballard and Tanev played on the top pairing at least once. Lack was excellent as a backup, Luongo's probably going to win the Vezina and Schneider actually struggled as a starter in Tampa, so everything worked out pretty well. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and Toronto won the President's Trophy so that's definitely something that will need to be addressed before the full release. :emot-parrot:

Edited by Intoewsables, 23 March 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#5076 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

Yea I'm excited for the game, will be buying it in the next week or 2 but probably will keep playing EHM until the product is closer to finished. But I want to pay less and support the development so I'm gonna buy it soon.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5077 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Nice picking up Nash, I can never get him because he is untouchable. Losing to the Hawks is tough I feel for you. :lol: I also hate losing my 1st SCF visit in EHM because it almost feels like you get off on a bad foot then if you lose anymore it seems like you'll never win.

Bourdon is still rounding out, he had a rough rookie season then got injured for 8 months last season but is playing solid so far, dmen don't peak until 28 so he has some time before I call him a bust.

Well with essentially that lineup and a few bottom 6 changes, adding some more tough guys like Laraque, we won the cup in 2010. Then I traded Luongo for picks because while his playoffs were great his regular season just weren't good enough considering the cap constraints I was having. So with minor raises dolled out and Esche brought in via FA at a lesser cost then Loui we won back to back cups. 3 appearances in 4 years and back to back Cups is a pretty good mini dynasty.

I then let Thornton and Naslund go to FA in the offseason so I could start to rebuild while regens start going through the draft. But my team just wouldn't lose so about midway through December I traded Esche(got Harding who I then flipped for more picks because he was to good as well), Torres(who turned into a PPG guy and put up 30-40g 8.5avg.rating) Now my team is on down trend and I can enact my rebuild, I know it seems ridiculous to force my team into a rebuild like that but with original salary cap everyone was slowly becoming to expensive/old(or some combination of the 2 lol) to keep and holding onto a decent season with Heater just to most likely get bounced in the 1st round doesn't sound appealing to me right now.

I already have what I believe are Chelios and Burke regens. Not sure about the Burke one got him in top 10 but only 10 con and I don't think he is good enough to be Belfour or Cujo that is why I think it is Sean Burke.

Edit:Turns out it wasn't a Sean Burke regen, as he came out in the next draft, and is probably just a nameless goalie but I made a move and hopefully picked up the Belfour regen in the middle of the 1st round in the next draft.

The one thing with regens is Kopitar and Kolzig still originate from Slovenia and South Africa so it's easy to spot them through your scouting. Same with Selanne just because he's just so dominant. And Jagr. I didn't go out of my way to trade up and get them but if they were still available by my turn then I would obviously select whoever it was.

Did the Canuck owners retire Naslund's number? In some updated roster versions, I think, they do. Naslund has his number retired in my game.
Posted Image

#5078 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

I strongly recommend OOTP's version (Franchise Hockey Manager). It's still pretty glitchy, but buying it now saves you about $10 later when the full release comes out in September.

Anyways, I bought the game today and it definitely has the potential to be much better than EHM. As I said, it certainly has glitches and other things that need to be fixed, but once those are patched up the game will be phenomenal.

I was considering starting a separate thread for FHM but I doubt many people here have it yet, so I'll just post about it in here for now. I started a game with the Canucks with current rosters and finished the season. We finished first in the West and I would be playing the Ducks in the first round, but the game keeps crashing whenever I try to sim our first game.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Legwand - Kassian
Vandermeer - Lapierre - Weise
Schroeder, Malhotra

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Hedman
Tanev

Luongo
Lack

Traded Schneider for Hedman at the beginning of the season (wasn't expecting them to accept) and flipped Raymond and a 7th for Legwand at the deadline.

Legwand was struggling with Nashville but he's put up nearly a point per game on the 3rd line with us since the deadline. Raymond was stuck on the fourth line and his contract was expiring so I figured he was a good bargaining chip. Schroeder was doing alright at 3C but Legwand really strengthens that line.

My defense was marred with injuries throughout the season so having all that depth really helped. Everyone except Ballard and Tanev played on the top pairing at least once. Lack was excellent as a backup, Luongo's probably going to win the Vezina and Schneider actually struggled as a starter in Tampa, so everything worked out pretty well. :lol:

Oh, and Toronto won the President's Trophy so that's definitely something that will need to be addressed before the full release. :emot-parrot:

Looks nice. What's different about it?
Posted Image

#5079 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

No Naslund we let go to FA about 2 years before he retired so his number wasn't retired. And yeah some regens are just to easy to identify. I still have both goalies in 2015 and am gonna let them battle it out over the next few seasons to see which is better.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5080 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Anyone know where i can buy this game? i went to their website and i couldnt find EHM 2007...

please PM me i miss this game so much D:

#5081 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Anyone know where i can buy this game? i went to their website and i couldnt find EHM 2007...

please PM me i miss this game so much D:

Assholes pirated the series to death. They've stopped selling it and making it.

What do you guys do with your prospects that you sign between the end of one season and the next? Do you keep them on your main roster or do you automatically assign them to the farm? Is there a benefit of keeping them up on the big club for practice? Despite all the time I play this game this is one thing I've never been sure about.
Posted Image

#5082 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:01 PM

Assholes pirated the series to death. They've stopped selling it and making it.

What do you guys do with your prospects that you sign between the end of one season and the next? Do you keep them on your main roster or do you automatically assign them to the farm? Is there a benefit of keeping them up on the big club for practice? Despite all the time I play this game this is one thing I've never been sure about.

I usually just send them back to the juniors to finish off the season and then reevaluate my team in the offseason. I don't know if this is the best way, but that is what I have been doing and I have had decent success.

Is there any way to download a free demo version of the FHM game? I want to try it out before I decide to buy it.

#5083 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

I usually just send them back to the juniors to finish off the season and then reevaluate my team in the offseason. I don't know if this is the best way, but that is what I have been doing and I have had decent success.

Is there any way to download a free demo version of the FHM game? I want to try it out before I decide to buy it.

I should be more specific. I mean prospects that can't go back to junior but may not be good enough for the NHL. Is there any benefits of keeping them on the big club or sending them to the farm? Is it detrimental doing one over the other? I'm in this dilemma right now.

The EHM site might have a demo. I have no idea anymore though. I've had this installed for years now.

And wow... Roberto pulled a surprise retirement @ 37 and left me with no starter.... I'm sorry I couldn't win you a Cup Roberto :'(
Posted Image

#5084 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Practice on the big club should be more effective at least in my own opinion. Plus once playoffs are over, which is motivation to keep them up on the big club in itself since they might get their name on the cup if you win and they play, I put a bunch of my guys to max practice so they will get extra months and harder practice. I try to do it just with my top prospects(1st, 2nd rounders generally) so the coach doesn't get crazy and put some weaker guy in and screw with the lines a bunch, because if you are winning why change anything.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5085 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,187 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Looks nice. What's different about it?

Well, the one really nice feature with this game is the Historical Mode. You can start at any year from 1947-48 to now and basically re-create history. I started a game in 1970 as the expansion team Canucks trying to avoid the many dark years this franchise has gone through. :lol:

There's also a TON of customization options in-game ranging from editing teams and players to changing league rules (ie. restructuring the conferences any way you'd like).

I can't seem to find a good list of all the features the finished product will have, but this game has the potential to blow EHM out of the water in my opinion. Those of you who've been waiting for a newer EHM are going to be overjoyed with FHM.

Not at the moment, though I wouldn't be surprised if they released a demo version when the full version is released in September. That's just me speculating though.

#5086 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I wish you could refine your searches.

The WHL bantam draft. My scouts keep recommending American players that don't want to play in the dub. It takes way longer than it should to look at the list of players.
Posted Image

#5087 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Take calculated risks on those guys because sometimes drafting them is all it takes to get them "wanting to join major junior" in their info. I often turn to americans after about round 10 and have gotten some very good players that way.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5088 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

I didn't know that. Hmm, I'll try. Normally it says "wants to play US college hockey.." or whatever. Then I release them after being drafted.

And damn, I've turned around my Moose Jaw Warriors. One of the worst teams in the WHL last season; went hard after BCHL and AJHL players and helped fill out my roster more. It's literally been 20+ games since we've lost in regulation. 9-0-1 in our last 10 home games. 5-0-5 in our last 10 away games. 42-13-11 overall. Not bad!
Posted Image

#5089 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Nice thats a good turn around. I love GMing in the CHL is one of my favourites because of the quick cycle of players, like their career with you is only 2-3 years, so rebuilding doesnt really exist. Plus inexplicably bad players can become solid contributors, love turning low picks into something. I also enjoying seeing which of my players goes on to have a successful NHL careers.

Edited by RO8!!, 03 May 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5090 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

A bug in the game? A team from the QMJHL signed one of my players from Moose Jaw..

Then again maybe someone made an error with the database, or whatever, when roster update was created.
Posted Image

#5091 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

Make sure you guys have strong leadership when you construct a team. I think I've seen the difference between strong leadership vs weak leadership.

When my Warriors went the final 30 or so regular season games with only a single regulation loss, leadership was huge. A handful of games my team was trailing in the third or started the third already trailing but we ALWAYS managed to pull a victory out in regulation or in overtime/shootout when it looked like we were going to lose.

In the Eastern WHL final, we were down 3-1 going into the third period of game 7 but we managed to steal the game back and win 5-3.

I have literally five players with an influence of 17-20. Three of which wore a letter on their jersey.

Now, with my Canucks, leadership is weak. Not a single player has their influence in the 17-20 range. The best is Lapierre with 15..

I've constructed that team with so much talent but leadership has always lacked and I think that's why they still can't win a Cup.
Posted Image

#5092 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

You only need a couple high leadership guys but yes it does help come playoff time. So does loading up your bottom 6 with big hitters and guys willing to fight. I generally don't mind taking a lot of penalties though since a good team will have no problem killing them off.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5093 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think I asked this before but how the hell do you prevent the NHL from signing your junior guys until the season is over? I'm going to the Memorial Cup and the Habs just stole my best defenseman..
Posted Image

#5094 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well, there goes winning the Memorial Cup because Brampton is still loaded. My team was just decimated by NHL clubs signing their players with expiring rights. I don't think signing players without the NHL release clause makes any difference either. If that's the case then EHM really screwed up this part of the game.
Posted Image

#5095 Likewise

Likewise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Coming out of a CDC hiatus to post this.
Recently I've been finding it nearly impossible to sign Nugent-Hopkins in my game, despite throwing loads of money at him.
I'll leave a picture of his stats at the bottom; any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5096 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Some players are just difficult and don't want to sign again and/or want an excessive amount of money. Sorry man dont have any fixes for you.

@Torts Rant: There is no way to legitimately stop it. It is just the curse of being a good CHL GM. Unless your players can make an impact before their draft year this will be an on-going problem. The illegitimate way is adding a new GM and sending your prospects back to juniors for the rest of the year then retiring them, but it can mess up the staff of NHL teams which sometimes the cpu does that anyways and doesn't rehire guys for all jobs(basically you might just compound a problem the game can occur anyways).

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#5097 Likewise

Likewise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:24 PM

So after offering the Nuge 8m+ and him rejecting it, I decided to give up and sim the season for a bit.
The assistant GM ended up signing him for 6.5m/yr..
I have no words.
Posted Image

#5098 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, I just had a fourth liner who demanded to be a key player and said that I couldn't realistically meet his demands when I tried to offer him a contract. I retained his RFA rights and had to sign him to a 3 year, $6M deal to keep him. Actually looks like a good deal now though seeing as how he's won the Selke 2 years in a row at 23 years old and he's blossomed into a legit 3rd liner. Always seems to step up in the playoffs too.

Anyways, I've had a couple younger players try this crap on me but it usually ends up alright as long as you keep their RFA rights. Even if you can't reach a deal at that point, arbitration always seems to work out well (for me at least).

#5099 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,019 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

Some players are just difficult and don't want to sign again and/or want an excessive amount of money. Sorry man dont have any fixes for you.

@Torts Rant: There is no way to legitimately stop it. It is just the curse of being a good CHL GM. Unless your players can make an impact before their draft year this will be an on-going problem. The illegitimate way is adding a new GM and sending your prospects back to juniors for the rest of the year then retiring them, but it can mess up the staff of NHL teams which sometimes the cpu does that anyways and doesn't rehire guys for all jobs(basically you might just compound a problem the game can occur anyways).

I ended up winning the Cup anyway :lol:

But it's dumb. I wish I could fix it.
Posted Image

#5100 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yeah arbitration usually works out favorably, but then you only get a 1 year deal and then that players number can't end up being retired(if you care about that at all or the player is even good enough).

Congrats Torts Rant. :)

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.