The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I'm interested to see how the St. Louis Rams do this year after the dissapointing season last year. Adding Drew Bennet was a good pickup as I think he more than replaces shaun macdonald but losing kevin curtis was unfortunate, that guys got a ton of potential and a great receiver. Looks like they finally filled a defensive hole at the draft by getting Adam Carriker to help out the defensive line. Torry Holt=best receiver in the nfl and I expect him to have another great year, go rams!

It has proven it doesn't mean NFL success but this is Matt Leinart and he has 2 star WRs. You see him play last season??? He had some flashes of brilliance and he is only gonna improve.

Face the facts, the Rams are doomed :lol: No division for you :lol: They need a lot of help on D, maybe trade Big game Holt for some help :lol:

I'm interested to see how the St. Louis Rams do this year after the dissapointing season last year. Adding Drew Bennet was a good pickup as I think he more than replaces shaun macdonald but losing kevin curtis was unfortunate, that guys got a ton of potential and a great receiver. Looks like they finally filled a defensive hole at the draft by getting Adam Carriker to help out the defensive line. Torry Holt=best receiver in the nfl and I expect him to have another great year, go rams!

It has proven it doesn't mean NFL success but this is Matt Leinart and he has 2 star WRs. You see him play last season??? He had some flashes of brilliance and he is only gonna improve.

Face the facts, the Rams are doomed :lol: No division for you :lol: They need a lot of help on D, maybe trade Big game Holt for some help :lol:

Holt

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD

2003 St. Louis Rams 16 15 117 1696 14.5 48 12

2004 St. Louis Rams 16 16 94 1372 14.6 75 10

2005 St. Louis Rams 14 14 102 1331 13.0 44 9

2006 St. Louis Rams 16 16 93 1188 12.8 67 10

TOTAL 126 116 712 10675 15.0 85 64

Johnson

2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 14 90 1355 15.1 82 10

2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 95 1274 13.4 53 9

2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 97 1432 14.8 70 9

2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 87 1369 15.7 74 7

TOTAL 92 79 466 6925 14.9 82 41

Statistically Holt is a better player, and he can totally control a game and is always the go to guy in St louis. Johnson is a great receiver and one of the leagues best but he's got good help around him and in the playoffs wasn't the main target. Holt has carried the team and also got a superbowl ring which swings that argument. Johnson is great but until he puts up his numbers for years to come and wins a superbowl then he's second.

haha if they traded holt i'd be pissed he's the guy in st. louis. I have to admit watching the defence over the past few years has been painful giving up plenty of long bombs and the special teams has been brutal on kickoffs, those have been a hold your breath moment. But I think their offseason has been pretty good so far and they've improved both offensively and defensively.

Take some of the close losses last year, both seattle games come into mind and things could've ended differently. Now that seattle has lost darrell jackson it'll be interesting to see how their passing game goes. Wasn't Arizona supposed to be a favorite last year and they just totally lost things so who knows what'll happen. I think they could give the division a run this upcoming year, if they get good defence then yes, if it goes downhill again then we're done haha. Just as long as seattle doesn't win it then i'll be happy.

Torry's untradeable :lol:

Holt

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD

2003 St. Louis Rams 16 15 117 1696 14.5 48 12

2004 St. Louis Rams 16 16 94 1372 14.6 75 10

2005 St. Louis Rams 14 14 102 1331 13.0 44 9

2006 St. Louis Rams 16 16 93 1188 12.8 67 10

TOTAL 126 116 712 10675 15.0 85 64

Johnson

2003 Cincinnati Bengals 16 14 90 1355 15.1 82 10

2004 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 95 1274 13.4 53 9

2005 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 97 1432 14.8 70 9

2006 Cincinnati Bengals 16 16 87 1369 15.7 74 7

TOTAL 92 79 466 6925 14.9 82 41

Ricky Williams busted for ganja AGAIN.

I guess he'll be carrying the ball in Toronto again this year??

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...s.ap/index.html

Former NFL rushing champion Ricky Williams tested positive again for marijuana last month, delaying his return to the league until at least September, a person familiar with the case said Friday.

Williams sought to end a one-year drug suspension last month when he asked to rejoin the Miami Dolphins. But following the positive drug test, clinicians in the program advised NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to delay reinstatement, the person close to the case said.

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the testing program.

The Dolphins and the NFL declined comment. Before Williams' latest setback, new Miami coach Cam Cameron repeatedly declined to say whether he would welcome Williams back.

This is basically why I feel Arizona isn't going to get it done this year. I think Leinart's the real deal but this will still be a growth year for him. James is done and has been for a while.

The Rams have no defence. The Niners have no defence. The Hawks have over rated players.

It should be a fun year.

The Rams D is awful, they need help on it now.

That could be said for a lot of teams. Imagine if Green Bay had one that game against the Rams where Favre got picked in the last minute. I still don't get why Seattle got rid of D Jack??? Kazudon do you know??? Attitude problems maybe???

ZING!!!

Almost every team has some problems, I still think the Cards will improve this season.

Being a Niner fan, I have to respectfully disagree.

The Niners don't have a great defence, but it is much improved from the past couple years. Their backfield with Clements,Harris and Spencer at CB is very good. Former Pro Bowler Michael Lewis and Keith Lewis will be steady at FS/SS. Rookie Patrick Willis will make an immediate impact at LB and is a DROY possibility. The signing of Banta-Cain is a very nice depth move. Add in Hard-Hitting Veteran Derek Smith, Sophomore's Manny Lawson and Haralson, Veterans Jeff Ulbrich and Brandon Moore and you have yourself a pretty solid LB Core. The question mark they have is the DL. Young at End is still a steady veteran. Hopefully one of Melvin Oliver and Marques Douglas step up as well. At NT Sopoaga or Franklin will have to carry the load. Like I said, the DL is the question mark.

But looking at that defense, it is much improved over the past few years. The defense should be able to be in the Top 20 this year(maybe Top 15). Much improved over the bottom 5 of recent years.

As for DJack, i was pissed to see him let go, however, he really had been inconsistent. Hasselbeck has a lot of trust in him and same for the coaching stuff resulting him in being the prime target for multiple long-bombs throughout the season. unfortuneatly, he has failed to catch them, it wasnt that the ball was over/under thrown, but it was because he simply drops the catch. I think the high number of dropped passes+his salary and he is expandable leading him to be traded. Deion Branch will take his role as number 1, with Burlesson/Hackett/Engram battling to be the reciever on the other side. I think our receiving core is deep enough that D jack is no longer needed. But I am not happy that all we got for him was a 4th rounder.

You're ridiculous if you think they'd be better off without Moss. A big receiver who can get space downfield? I can't think of a better target for Favre.

No wonder he wants him after watching Moss torch the Packers for years.

Its about time for GB management to give Favre something decent to throw at besides Driver, He needs to have some fun throwing to talented recievers like Moss despite his high risk of injury. The Packers arent going anywhere anytime soon. I think Favre will end his career on a sour note not making the playoffs

Archived