The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Nice to see the Saints get to the Superbowl.

After Katrina it looked like the Saints would relocate permanently. With all they've been through the fans deserve this.

Should be a great game. Hopefully the Saints won't be as sloppy as they were today. Manning will make them pay for any turnovers.

The Vikes were probably the better team on Sunday, but turnovers are a part of the game and if you can't hold on to the ball, you deserve to lose.

It may not be fair to blame the loss on Favre, because he did throw up some good numbers, but as a former QB myself, I have to point out that he made a mistake that was inexcusable for a quarterback.

The throw back across the middle of the the field on a roll-out is something that you are taught to avoid as a kid, and is re-iterated at every level of football, right up to the pros.

I don't know what was going through Brett's mind when he made that throw, but I'm guessing that it wasn't much of anything.

I was (slightly) pulling for the Saints, so I'm okay with this result. However, the Vikes would probably have had a better chance of knocking off the Colts. Either way, I'd be cheering for the NFC on Super Bowl Sunday.

Go Saints!

Pretty bad? How many yards did he rack up? He had a good game. And I'm not upset at all over that play... because that's what he does! He's always been known as a gambler at QB. When it works, people call him a QB "god," but when it doesn't.. he's suddenly the QB "goat." I put more blame on the fact that the Vikes kept putting the ball on the ground (take away any of those fumbles in the red zone, and we aren't even talking about OT or that last INT.) I also put blame on Chilly-Willy for having 12 men in the huddle after a TO which forced us further back and in need of more yards.

• 2 months later...

Eagles FO dropped the ball on this one. Why would you trade a franchise QB within the division? I know that there are some reports saying that the Skins gave the best offer and that Mcnabb asked to go to a contender but within your own division? The NFC East is gonna be really tough this year.

Archived