The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

In my mind, I had a hunch that the Steelers would trade Santonio Holmes. That's Steelers football, the organization expects its players to be model football players on the field and model citizens off the field. Santonio Holmes has a prior string of controversial off-field incidents and recently his latest antic of throwing a highball glass at a random person at the bar and drug abuse again with a four game suspension was icing on the cake. Now I'm wondering if the Steelers are trying to move Roethlisberger to perhaps draft up and go for someone like Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford. Oh heck, if Steelers could even get Tony Pike in the second round, Ben Roethlisberger would still be gone.

Santonia holmes trade very surprising, especially to the jets, they are slowly becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Man....... Someone needs to kill Al Davis or he needs to choke on food and die, or else my raiders aren't getting any better. I know what it feels like to be a leafs fan, cheering for a team that blows, and a qb that just doesn't give a FU*K.

Looks like Ben Roethlisberger wont be charged for sexual assault. Now it's a matter of what Roger Goodell intends to do with Big Ben and the Steelers intentions as well. Nonetheless, I'm glad this is done before the NFL draft so that the Steelers can plan out their future.

Does anyone else get angry when you see guys like McNabb traded for a 2nd rounder and Holmes traded for 5th rounder and now Brandon Marshall traded for 2 2nd rounders. I'm a 49ers fan and when i see trades like that I get frustrated beacuse my team could afford that. But what am i going to do about it......I know........ I'll come on the Canucks message board and rant about it lol.

Does anyone else get angry when you see guys like McNabb traded for a 2nd rounder and Holmes traded for 5th rounder and now Brandon Marshall traded for 2 2nd rounders. I'm a 49ers fan and when i see trades like that I get frustrated beacuse my team could afford that. But what am i going to do about it......I know........ I'll come on the Canucks message board and rant about it lol.

With Braylon it's gonna be hit or miss. This complete offseason to learn the offense and work with Sanchez will be awesome. I have a feeling he's going to do great things, if he sucks well we dump him next year. The addition of Holmes makes our offense lethal. Holmes, Cotchery, Edwards, Keller, Greene, Tomlinson. Wow.

Having the number one defense too boot doesn't hurt.

no doubt. I kept thinking after all the moves that your third down options especially are lethal - Keller of course and then Tomlinson out of the backfield. 3rd and 6 / 3rd and 7 are going to be very makeable. Will be hard to get that offense off the field if it starts rolling.

My experience with Braylon says that it's not so much chemistry with the QB, it's just focus on not dropping the ball. Seems like he wants to be on the Jets, so I expect that will be less of an issue. At the same time, I'm glad he doesn't play for the Browns anymore. Just too much drama for not enough production.

Man, I'm hoping for a good draft at this point, and September can't get here fast enough.

No doubt, if he does drop...oh well we still have two amazing recievers. The combination of a lethal offense that can keep that defense rested will be amazing. Keep in mind were still a run first team. Play-action will be deadly.

This year is about drafting future replacements for the O and D line.

Eric Berry to the Browns at 7? Man that'd be a great pick. He's easily the best athlete coming out of this draft.

I think if they hold on to 7 and he's available, then yes, it will be Eric Berry. That's the most gaping hole in the defence now that they picked up Sheldon Brown. Perhaps the nose tackle (name is escaping me right now) since I have doubts that Shaun Rogers will start and/or finish the season with the Browns. Maybe even Dez Bryant since they really don't have a #1 guy.

Would not be surprised to see them trade down though and get more picks. Still lots of holes to fill on offense and defence, and I do expect them to pick up a QB in the second or third round.

I don't think he is overpaid, plus there is no cap so it doesn't really matter.

And all those Jets fans, I wouldn't get too excited about Tomlinson, look at how he played last year behind an O-line in San Diego that is far better than the one in New York. Did you guys release Thomas Jones? Who is the back up? Leon Washington. Get ready to see alot of those guys.

Revis is a STUD.

Archived