The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favre tells Vikings he's is going to Retire

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/03/report-favre-tells-vikings-hes-not-returning/

Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Favre began telling team officials on Monday night that he will not return for another season. The disclosure comes on the heels of an observation from Zulgad that team "ownership and power brokers" held a meeting at practice that "looked very intense."

Zulgad also reports that Favre plans to issue a press release later today. Apparently, Favre's injured ankle "has not responded" after surgery and rehab.

Jay Glazer of FOX also reports that Favre has begun communicating the message to teammates. Per Glazer, he has cited wear and tear on his body as the reason for calling it quits.

We've been insisting that, before Favre returns, he needs to persuade everyone that he won't return. Just like he did last year.

Favre will play the same amount of games as Roethlisberger. Childress probably told Favre to keep up with rehab and that he can come back anytime during the season. Tavares Jackson, good luck. Just have to run more i guess.

That's a pretty solid list. No real complaints from me.

If Favre was younger then he would make the list but I don't consider him to be better than these guys right now. Definitely not the top 3. Manning, Brees, and Brady are definitely the top 3.

Archived