The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

It's only 1 fkn game! get a grip!

I like my NFL on Sundays and the MNF game too but if we can get 1 game on a Thursday to spread it out a bit than awesome!!

These are professional athletes it's not like they don't have enough time to prepare for a Thursday game either.

Seriously the dumbest and worst thing ever?? LOL

Not only are the games not all publicly televised, it's two days of practise you miss and three days of REST in between games.

These are professional athletes, who play one of the most physically demanding games in the world. Not to mention it's one of the most strategic, preparation is key. You ask any NFL player or coach, I guarantee you they would not want to play on a Thursday after a Sunday game. And sometimes it's following a Sunday Night game, in which the game goes till about midnight eastern.

Thanksgiving I can understand, but to do this weekly from week 10 on is pointless and dumb. Especially this late in the year when teams need the time to rest players who have injuries etc.

The Thursday games are always televised, every single one.

Of course the players and coaches PREFER to have a regular week off between games but every team is capable of playing at least 1 week on short rest, if Thursday games were such a problem they wouldn't have them or the whole idea would've been axed during lockout negotiations.

I just don't think it's a big deal, I think it's great to have an NFL game on a Thursday. :)

The defense can't stop the run. It's pathetic. And how about Maclin and Jackson? I know they have great speed but man terrible hands they keep fumbling and dropping passes!!!

Eagles need to add some more size to their receiving corps. And a guy who has good reliable hands.

This Eagles team looked like the 1-4 team. Not the team that demolished Dallas last week.

It would take a miracle for them to make the playoffs now. They have to win out the rest of the games. Only way they get in is if New York just totally collapses in the second half.

:(

Packers are selling more shares soon and I want one!

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) The Green Bay Packers' stock sale may begin as early as next week.

In a letter published on the Utah Department of Commerce's website, a law firm representing the Packers has requested feedback from state regulators on a proposed stock sale that would begin "on or around" Nov. 15. According to the document, shares may be sold online and will be more expensive than in past sales - perhaps $250 each.

The Packers, the NFL's only publicly owned team, have been planning what would be their fifth stock sale. This one would raise funds for renovations at Lambeau Field. There are 112,205 shareholders who own approximately 4.75 million shares. Shares include voting rights, but their value won't appreciate and there are no dividends.

It is unclear how many states the team has contacted.

The letter was reported by Bloomberg News earlier Tuesday.

New England has not lost 3 in a row since 2002. That's 9 years. 9 freakin years. I was blown away when I read that. Even that season when Brady got hurt week one they didn't lose 3 in a row. I read a tweet on sunday from puck daddy on twitter. He's a jets fan. Said he didn't know whether to thank the Giants for winning or be angry that they sent the pats too New York on a 2 game losing streak. #angrybrady

Sanchez doesn't worry me at all, and apart from the last few games, the run defense hasn't been bad. That pass defense is crap, but the Jets don't have a Big Ben, or a Manning. I don't think Sanchez will be able to take apart the defense like some of the other good QB's the pats have faced. If I was the Jets defense, the last quarterback I would want to play against would be a Tom Brady that's lost 2 in a row for the first time in 9 years. Facing Brady when he isn't angry is bad enough.

Archived