The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I definitely agree that he has many limitations, but I don't think Fox should have come out and said what he said. With that being said, I haven't seen him play much because Bronco games are never on TV, so I have no idea just HOW BAD he is passing the ball. Is he really as bad as people are saying?

Really interested in seeing the Sunday Night Game to see how the Eagles and specifically Desean Jackson plays after he got benched.

I don't know if the Eagles should keep Jackson after this year. I think it would be better if they use their first round pick to draft a bigger more physical wide receiver to go along with Maclin and trade Jackson for a 2nd round pick or something.

If the Eagles lose versus the Giants they should officially call it a lost season and tank it the rest of the way to improve their draft position.

I definitely agree that he has many limitations, but I don't think Fox should have come out and said what he said. With that being said, I haven't seen him play much because Bronco games are never on TV, so I have no idea just HOW BAD he is passing the ball. Is he really as bad as people are saying?

Really interested in seeing the Sunday Night Game to see how the Eagles and specifically Desean Jackson plays after he got benched.

I don't know if the Eagles should keep Jackson after this year. I think it would be better if they use their first round pick to draft a bigger more physical wide receiver to go along with Maclin and trade Jackson for a 2nd round pick or something.

If the Eagles lose versus the Giants they should officially call it a lost season and tank it the rest of the way to improve their draft position.

I'm gonna address this point from an un-bias view.

I think Brady and Rodgers are both exceptional quarterbacks. I have nothing against either of them.

Aaron Rodgers' praise is justified. He is having an amazing season. But it's nothing that hasn't been done before. People are saying he's playing as well as anyone that has ever played in the position. That's fine, but please...factor in the rules. Factor in the rules today, opposed to what they were 5-10-15-20 years ago. Rules favour the offense.

Defenses used to be able to practically demolish Wide Receivers, they used to be able to hit the quarterback (I know weird right?), we all know how the game used to be played. It's an entirely different game now. The league is a Passing league now. I don't think we can deny that.

It is in my opinion, if you were to put Joe Montana in this offense, you'd be hard pressed to tell me Rodgers would play better than him. Same with guys like Unitas, Staubach etc. They played in different eras where it was much harder to put up these yards, points etc.

I'm not taking anything away from him, I'm just saying...performances like this are going to be more common, based on the fact that the rules favouring offenses. You're going to see players put up these huge numbers. It's almost like spread offenses out there sometimes.

On to another, more important note however:

I don't know how many of you follow college football, but the NCAA is finally considering a FINAL FOUR! Thank god. I think it's about time a playoff starts introducing a playoff style system.

There's the possibility of a bunch of 1 loss teams this year, which is really pressing this issue.

I don't know if I like the ideal of a final four system, they definitely need some sort of playoff system because it's a mess and a joke the way it is now. Not saying you need 64 teams, but a smaller number would suffice.

I really like Ryan Broyles, with his injury I could see him falling off of a lot of teams radar's and falling to a 3rd round +. A guy I really like at WR is Dwight Jones out of North Carolina. REALLY underrated, he's 6-4 and won't only be a sucessful possession receiver, but he has the speed and ability to make the big downfield play.

Also, for the Eagles there's a guy out of Florida International by the name of T.Y. Hilton. He's very explosive, he's the same size as Desean Jackson and has the same dynamic playmaking ability. He returns punts for FIU, and is basically Desean 2.0 without the attitude problem. I don't think the Eagles will re-sign Desean Jackson, he's had issues in the locker room since his days at CAL, and his attitude is AWFUL. I find it hard to believe that his excuse for missing the team meeting was because his alarm didn't go off. The reason I think he missed it was a statement over his on-going contract dispute. Jackson gets paid like a 5th stringer but lives the life of a #1. He's borrowed money off of his agent Drew Rosenhaus for a long time now and I think it's finally caught up with him..

Also in response to the majority of what Zambrano has said, as a Packer fan I appologize. I highly doubt his original question was to find out knowledge,but more to rub in the fact that Rodgers has been playing well.

Archived