The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I saw a lot of people arguing they could beat the Packers on some ESPN boards earlier.

The only knock I have on the 49ers is while they are one of the better teams that record may be inflated a little by the fact that they play so many garbage teams. Of their 9 wins 6 of them are against teams under .500, no one else in that division is over .500, none of those teams have a positive point net. The teams over .500 that they beat would be the Bengals, Lions, and Giants. The Bengals though improved have a fluke record based off an unbelievably bad schedule, not a single win over a team above .500. Though the Giants are on a cold stretch now I can give them credit for the wins against the Lions and New York.

I feel like I have to see them beat some more worthy opponents before I crown them the 2nd best team in the NFL.

The Ravens and Steelers games coming up will be good measuring sticks.

I see what you're saying though, and I totally agree with that. Again, this very next game should be great. Stoping Ray Rice from scoring a rush TD would really be a huge feat.

You have to give Harbaugh credit for turning Alex Smith around though.

I actually don't think Cutler is a huge loss for them. Though they have a mystery QB behind him Cutler was not exactly having a career year. He only had 13 TDs this season with 7 INT's and he had a horrendous completion percentage with a very mediocre average in yards per game around 230. If the new guy comes in and every 2 of 3 games he has 1TD, 1INT with 230 yards and completes 58% of his passes he would be matching Cutler. It's pretty reasonable.

I actually don't think Cutler is a huge loss for them. Though they have a mystery QB behind him Cutler was not exactly having a career year. He only had 13 TDs this season with 7 INT's and he had a horrendous completion percentage with a very mediocre average in yards per game around 230. If the new guy comes in and every 2 of 3 games he has 1TD, 1INT with 230 yards and completes 58% of his passes he would be matching Cutler. It's pretty reasonable.

Archived