The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Thanks. Wearing my Brady one last time until it goes away for a while. Don't care that they lost, it was one hell of a game and I'm damn proud of the team getting as far as they did despite hearing how bad their defense is all year. If the defense can be addressed properly, another SB run looks promising in the short future along the likes of Ravens Steelers Texans Broncos Bengals. The AFC will be fun to watch.

Soo, when shall we start combine and draft discussions ?

BB needs to get this defense figured out and the Pats should be right back in the mix next season. Gotta shore up that secondary and maybe get a pass rusher. Maybe its time he goes away from his "quantity over quality" approach in the draft. Im not too sure who is available in the FA market, but if a guy like Asante Samuel was available id jump at the opportunity to bring him back.

Well, it is true and those catches should not have been dropped/missed....the biggest game of the year, they need to be made. But no one's above making mistakes and nerves comes into play. She really needs to remember that it's a team game and when you're in that position, the team hasn't done the job in the first place (including Brady) - being behind with less than a minute to go puts you in that do or die position.

Not at all, Eli played outstanding and Manningham made a spectacular out of this world catch. Not to mention the D-line stepped up big when it needed to. The giants definitely earned super bowl 46. I'm sure you, a "longtime Giants fan from before they won super bowl 42 and had to endure the losing days" are enjoying it.

It's becoming more and more hilarious at how many people are ridiculing me for the Patriots losing in the Super Bowl. Easy to shut these people up as they're mostly Ravens, Dolphins and Chargers fans with that the Patriots had a horrible secondary which couldn't defend against the pass whatsoever and didn't have a threatening running game so it was easy for teams to play the pass against them and they still made the Super Bowl while their teams were out getting charged for DUI's or partying with Cee Loo in strip clubs or just enjoying time in Hawaii. With the offensive core in-tact for next season, guys like Moore, Chung, McCourty and Arrington who can only (I hope) get better next year + assets through the draft, I'm excited for next year.

Anyways, away from ranting, a guy I wanna see the Pats draft is Oklahoma CB Fleming. The guy has good strength and speed to keep up with the fastest receivers in the NFL. I didn't get to see the Senior Bowl but read reports on it and his name stood out quite a bit. Shouldn't be hard for the Pats to grab him with the 27th pick (courtesy of the Saints).

Another guy is Whitney Mercilus out of IS. The Pats who I'm going to assume will be switching back to 3-4 next season could really use this guy as he's versatile with playing DE or OLB. Reading up on him and he lead the NCAA in sacks in 11 and is intelligent too.

What I like about this draft is we have two 1st rounders and 2 second rounders. If used properly, these 4 picks could make a world of difference. I would LOVE to see Rutgers receiver Sanu end up with the Patriots, he doesn't have the burst to perhaps be a Torrey Smith kind of deep threat, but he's a versatile guy which is what the Patriots organization is all about.

Another guy I'm liking for the Pats is Nebraska backer Lavonte David, good zone coverage backer and an incredible tackler, rarely gets shed by ball carriers. He's ranked at 38 and could drop to the Pats who have the Raiders 2nd round pick.

It's becoming more and more hilarious at how many people are ridiculing me for the Patriots losing in the Super Bowl. Easy to shut these people up as they're mostly Ravens, Dolphins and Chargers fans with that the Patriots had a horrible secondary which couldn't defend against the pass whatsoever and didn't have a threatening running game so it was easy for teams to play the pass against them and they still made the Super Bowl while their teams were out getting charged for DUI's or partying with Cee Loo in strip clubs or just enjoying time in Hawaii. With the offensive core in-tact for next season, guys like Moore, Chung, McCourty and Arrington who can only (I hope) get better next year + assets through the draft, I'm excited for next year.

Anyways, away from ranting, a guy I wanna see the Pats draft is Oklahoma CB Fleming. The guy has good strength and speed to keep up with the fastest receivers in the NFL. I didn't get to see the Senior Bowl but read reports on it and his name stood out quite a bit. Shouldn't be hard for the Pats to grab him with the 27th pick (courtesy of the Saints).

Another guy is Whitney Mercilus out of IS. The Pats who I'm going to assume will be switching back to 3-4 next season could really use this guy as he's versatile with playing DE or OLB. Reading up on him and he lead the NCAA in sacks in 11 and is intelligent too.

What I like about this draft is we have two 1st rounders and 2 second rounders. If used properly, these 4 picks could make a world of difference. I would LOVE to see Rutgers receiver Sanu end up with the Patriots, he doesn't have the burst to perhaps be a Torrey Smith kind of deep threat, but he's a versatile guy which is what the Patriots organization is all about.

Another guy I'm liking for the Pats is Nebraska backer Lavonte David, good zone coverage backer and an incredible tackler, rarely gets shed by ball carriers. He's ranked at 38 and could drop to the Pats who have the Raiders 2nd round pick.

I wonder who will get RG3.

1.Indy - :Luck

2.St.L - ? they are sticking with Bradford, they will prob trade down, question is how far down.

3.Minny

4.Clev

5.T.B

6.Wash

I bet Minnesota would take him at 3rd but I see Cleveland or Washington going hard after him and paying whatever the Rams asking price is to move up.

I don't think the Rams want to go that far down, I say they trade down with Cleveland.

RG3 to Cleveland is my guess.

I've always wanted to know the thought process that goes through a first round picks mind when they're drafted. Obviously they're all happy to have made the NFL but, I wonder how it differs from someone who gets drafted to say the Rams or Browns as opposed to someone who gets drafted to the Pats, Packers, Ravens..etc and think "yes, a shot at the super bowl right away."

Archived