The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

I am loving what my Pats are doing. Adding so much depth, skilled depth at that with players who cost little but have the potential to produce so much. Shoring up the offense through free agency and addressing the defense through the draft/possible trade. High hopes for another run to the Super Bowl this year. Gotta stay optimistic! Gotta think that McDaniels has the management's ear for who to get through free agency, so far during free agency looks like the Pats are hoping to own the #1 offense ranking next season.

New England offense next year isn't that bad I got to admit.....they have two beast tight ends,an interior reciever and a deep threat. They don't have a bad quarterback either.

Now If they can get any improvement out of their defense they will be almost unbeatable.

Tebow will never be a good QB in the NFL, I'd be suprised if he got a starters job anywhere outside of Jax, and that would be just to put butts in the seats, as they'll lost their team to LA with a couple more seasons like they just had, attendance-wise. Tebow to Jax, and Gabbert to San Fran sounds about right.

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-free-agent-Trevor-Scott-Sign-free-agent-Marquice-Cole/68f94290-cb57-4bb4-b643-022914dcfda5

The New England Patriots announced today the signing of unrestricted free agent Trevor Scott and free agent Marquice Cole.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots announced today the signing of unrestricted free agent Trevor Scott and free agent Marquice Cole (mar-KWEECE). Terms of the contracts were not announced.

Scott, 27, is a veteran of four NFL seasons with the Oakland Raiders. He entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (169th overall) of the Raiders in 2008 out of the University of Buffalo.

Scott, 6-6, 255 pounds, has played in 58 games with 16 starts and has registered 61 total tackles, 13.5 sacks, 1 pass defensed and 1 forced fumble in his four NFL seasons.

He totaled 12 sacks in his first two seasons with the Raiders at outside linebacker and at defensive end with 5.0 sacks as a rookie in 2008 and 7.0 sacks in 2009. Scott started the first 10 games of 2010 at defensive end before his season was cut short by a knee injury. Last season, he returned from injury to play in all 16 games and finished with six total tackles as a reserve on defense.

Cole, 28, is a veteran of three NFL seasons with the New York Jets (2009-11). He originally entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Oakland out of Northwestern in 2007. The 5-10, 192-pound Cole spent the majority of the 2007 season on the Tennessee practice squad before joining the 53-man roster for the 2008 season-finale but was inactive for the game. He spent the 2008 season on the practice squad of New Orleans and then began the 2009 season on the practice squad of the New York Jets before joining the 53-man roster early in September.

Cole has played in 37 NFL games with one start and has registered 14 defensive tackles, two interceptions with one returned for a touchdown and 45 special teams tackles. In his only NFL start vs. Buffalo (1-2-11), Cole finished with five solo tackles and two interceptions, including one that he returned 35 yards for a touchdown.

Just heard: Miami has no interest in getting Tebow, and Jacksonville too. Guess who they now have as front runners for him? New England B)

Long story short - Denver does not want distractions with Peyton as starter now, as the fans will want Tebow out there, and if things are going bad on the field, fans will start chanting his Tebow which will cause more commotion. Not to mention, the media. Why New England will be a great fit for him trade wise? Brady is always going to be the starter as long as he stay with us, and there will be no debate in whether Tebow should be starter or Brady. And a public fan poll on espn said that a 2nd or 3rd rounder could be enough to get Tebow - a very low price.

....If he does get traded to NE though, I'd be worried about Mallett's future. Fricken was supposed to drafted in the 1st/2nd round, Pats snagged him in the 3rd round ( :mellow:!!!!), and he's said to be very much like Brady play wise. He loves it in NE, wanted to get drafted by the Pats, and BB's coached him before / knows him. I'm guessing if Tebow was bought in to New England, who would be the 3rd string QB, Mallet would be 2nd string, and for Tebow, he'd be a situation player as well, my guess, wildcat plays or once in a while 3rd down plays where 1 or 2 yards are needed / he can run, or find the open man - defense's won't know what to do.

Well currently, my scope on the Patriots is easy, it has always been the same for me for the past 2-3 years.

They do have the #1 offence in the league, for sure in the AFC (Packers are also like a #1 offence), but the Pats need to work on their defence. Specifically the secondary, during the Superbowl there seemed to be a lot of holes that Manning easily picked out. Their front 4 is fairly solid, Vince Wilfork is excellent at stopping the run, and their LB unit anchored by Jarod Mayo is fairly good as well. But the secondary, outside of Pat Chung, who I think is not that great, there is not really anything there. Perhaps they could somehow move up in the draft and select a DB? I just think if the Patriots do improve their secondary, then do not be shocked at all to see them in the Superbowl yet again.

Well currently, my scope on the Patriots is easy, it has always been the same for me for the past 2-3 years.

They do have the #1 offence in the league, for sure in the AFC (Packers are also like a #1 offence), but the Pats need to work on their defence. Specifically the secondary, during the Superbowl there seemed to be a lot of holes that Manning easily picked out. Their front 4 is fairly solid, Vince Wilfork is excellent at stopping the run, and their LB unit anchored by Jarod Mayo is fairly good as well. But the secondary, outside of Pat Chung, who I think is not that great, there is not really anything there. Perhaps they could somehow move up in the draft and select a DB? I just think if the Patriots do improve their secondary, then do not be shocked at all to see them in the Superbowl yet again.

Archived