The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Excellent news, my 49ers dodged fire and got back Alex Smith. Now hopefully we can sign a FA or two to improve the offence just a tad bit more, or maybe get a guy who can catch the ball when it is punted to him in the playoffs...... <_<

Link to signing: http://www.49ers.com/news-and-events/article-2/49ers-Sign-QB-Smith-to-3-Year-Deal/f0b7973f-ac78-4f68-9407-c137f55e4fbd?module=HP11_headline_stack

Thought I would help you out, because reading that post actually shortened my life.

Their

Their is the third person plural possessive adjective, used to describe something as belong to them. Their is nearly always followed by a noun.

Where is their car?

Are these their pens?

Their books are on the table.

This is their room and this is ours.

What happened to their dog?

Their being here is causing some problems.

There

There has several different uses.

1. Adverb that means the opposite of "here"

He's over there.

Stop right there.

Do you want to sit here or there?

2. Pronoun that introduces a noun or clause.

There is something strange going on.

Is there a phone?

3. Adjective that emphasizes which person.

That guy there seems to be in trouble.

Those there look good.

4. Noun that means "that place."

From there, we drove to Boston.

I'm not going in there!

They're

They're is the contraction of "they are" and is often followed by the present participle (verb form ending in -ing).

They're going to be late.

Is that what they're saying?

I think they're lying.

If they're ready, we can go.

I can't believe they're not here yet!

When they're older, they'll understand.

The Bottom Line

The confusion between their, there, and they're occurs because the three words are pronounced in very similar ways.

If the word means "belonging to them," use their. If you're able to replace the word with "they are," use they're. Otherwise, there is only one correct answer: there.

You can also find worksheets online to help you out!

On topic, its a good day, Jets and Saints got worse... I love it.

Wow. The worst trade ever for the jets,as if Sanchez didn't need any more pressure. What a dysfunctional franchise. There's the giants,all business like,a perfect front office and franchise,then there's the jets(face palm) what a joke. I thought Dallas management was bad. At least we support our quarterback.

Wow Sean payton suspended a year. Wow drew breed isn't re signed,they lost there 2nd round draft pick,there fined a lot,there gm suspense at least 6 games and they lost Cal nicks and Robert meecham. Hosting the Super Bowl is a curse. Dallas,room got hurt and a disaster season,indy lost manning,and now it looks like the saints season won't be spectacular(to early to say though they still have drew brees. Wow.

Good news finally,Alex smith re signed with San Francisco.

Wow. The worst trade ever for the jets,as if Sanchez didn't need any more pressure. What a dysfunctional franchise. There's the giants,all business like,a perfect front office and franchise,then there's the jets(face palm) what a joke. I thought Dallas management was bad. At least we support our quarterback.

Could be problems with the Tebow trade .

Filed to ESPN: Denver and Jets have encountered hangup in language in Tim Tebow's contract that could nullify trade. If the Tebow trade to Jets falls apart, St. Louis could wind up getting back into play. Sides sorting through details.

LOL, so apparently the Jets didn't understand the wording of Tebow's contract and have to pay back $5m in bonuses to Denver that were paid to Tebow and are trying to back out of the deal. And they were the ones that announced the trade. :lol:

So much drama in the NFL today, I feel like I'm watching daytime TV.

I personally don't think that Tim Tebow is gonna get along with his NYJ teammates, it could become a mess.

Personally being a Pats fan I don't want the Jets to do well. I cannot stand that team of cocky underachievers, especially Rex Ryan.

Guess what Roger Goodell, Saints are still 2010 Superbowl Champs. Whether there is a bounty or not, they earn that on the field. This is NOT cheating.

You think for one second whether Jonathan Vilma would think twice about creaming Tony Romo, or Michael Vick when he's got the chance? You think these players who makes millions would run just that much faster and hit that much harder over $1000? GIve your head a shake Roger. If the Saints are the only players causing damage to other players, I can see the logic behind it, but then that's not the case. This is going to improve player's safety, ok Roger, whatever you are smoking, give me some, cuz that's some good stuff you are smoking

Archived