Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VanJets

NFL Thread

13,220 posts in this topic

If Tom Brady got injured, the Patriots would not be "ok". They don't have a defense to bail them out anymore.

You're expecting Tebow's passing game to "improve drastically" over the course of one season?

Mallett looked spectacular? In what a preseason game or two? Was he even active for a single game this year?

Based on your assumptions, every single backup quarterback that has ever been with Brady should be good. Which is definitely not the case. It's not easy to just mentor a QB.

Jesus, at least hide the homer a little bit.

What? Your saying it like I pumped these guys up big time, which I kinda did lol, but its nonetheless true.

You think in the past decade or so, Pats backups haven't been great ones when they are in need to play? Drew Bledsoe injured, Tom Brady fills in and becomes a legend. Brady season ending injury in '08 in the first week against the Chiefs, Matt Cassell comes out of nowhere and leads the team to a 11-5 record, barely missing the playoffs - it was a division tie with the Jets or Dolphins I believe, and they made it cause they won the season series.

Moral: Pats backups have proved that when the time arises and the spotlight is on for them to perform, its happened every time with Bill Belichik as head coach. Why they do so good? BB arguably has the best system in the world for football. He will get players to do a certain role, nothing more, nothing less, and everyone is given that. He makes them practise, physically, and paperwork wise, so much, its surreal - watch that documentary that was made about him last year. With his system, if the players succeed and please BB, they make the cut, and for backup QB's on the Pats, they've always excelled with Bill. Not to mention, Cassell was later traded for a 1st round pick for his amazing year.

And yea, Mallett was spectacular in the pre-season! 'Pre-season is meaningless, its worth nothing', well guess what, it is. Just like hockey or any other sport, when you see a rookie do great in the pre-season, you know he's going to become something great sometime down the road - example: how we looked at Hodgson - you can't say his impressions were worth nothing cause it was a pre-season game; those games mean a lot. Anyways, Mallett killed it when he played! There was a small, fun controversy on whether the Pats should start him or Brady in the regular season cause of amazing performances lol - You can't say he's not spectacular when you haven't seen him play, cause if you have, you'd know how well this boy can play.

Played one half only, went 12 for 19 with a TD, and was the best player on the field that day. sure you can say he faced 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers, but its not like he was playing with 1st stringers - he had 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers on the field too.

....You have no clue how much potential, and how talented this guy is - I guarantee you if he stays with the Pats with BB still as head coach, Mallett will become a top 3 QB in the league within 4 years of his starting career which is still a long ways to come.

loooooool

that has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while

bannnndwagonerrrrrrr

where were you when the pats lost?

Wtf, I thought you were joking - Sad Pats never got him, but meh, Mallett will get more attention now to become better. ....My take on the trade:

Tebow = Humble & Quiet

Jets and Rex Ryan = Cocky & Loud

= Not gonna work out

Agree - oui ou non?

loooooool

that has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while

bannnndwagonerrrrrrr

where were you when the pats lost?

Wtf, I thought you were joking - Sad Pats never got him, but meh, Mallett will get more attention now to become better. ....My take on the trade:

Tebow = Humble & Quiet

Jets and Rex Ryan = Cocky & Loud

= Not gonna work out

Agree - oui ou non?

I thought they would at least get more than just a 4th round pick in the draft, I thought they could have easily got a 2nd for him, not a 4th!

Boston Pizza with 5 Pats friends, 5 Giants friends watching the game.

:picard:

I don't think it will work out, not because of that, but because Sanchez and Tebow are both bad QBs.

Tebow is used to a lot of media attention already so I don't think that will be a problem, same with Ryan's Jets.

Maybe it will light a fire under Sanchez and he'll play better, who knows.

There was a time when it appeared Tim Tebow was the new face of the Broncos. That time is no longer, made clear by the team's decision to remove all Tebow photos from the walls of the team's facility.

Same; they hurried to get him out way too fast - if they waited a week or two, there would've been a team wanting him badly and would've offered at least a 3rd. My take on the trade: Not a fan at all. Tebow revives the Broncos season with a miraculous year, gets the fans something to cheer for, and takes them to the post-season - they sure lost a true winner, and its sad what they did for a guy who amped up the whole organization and world. Yea its a business and all, but that shouldn't be an excuse for why they did it.

....Things already look bad in New York - look at what Antonio Cromartie tweeted earlier today or yesterday:

"We don't need Tebow. We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami."

.....Its why others and myself hate the Jets - cocky, run their mouths, and think talking will win games. They make the NFL look like WWE at times.

Yea, cause I've watched every Pats game for the past 8 years

(Stop trying to start a pointless argument for the better of everyone -_-)

I thought they would at least get more than just a 4th round pick in the draft, I thought they could have easily got a 2nd for him, not a 4th!

Woe is Denver who gave up "a true winner" and replaced him with one of the all-time greats.

Don't you think they are better off with Manning?

Wow. The worst trade ever for the jets,as if Sanchez didn't need any more pressure. What a dysfunctional franchise. There's the giants,all business like,a perfect front office and franchise,then there's the jets(face palm) what a joke. I thought Dallas management was bad. At least we support our quarterback.

Wow Sean payton suspended a year. Wow drew breed isn't re signed,they lost there 2nd round draft pick,there fined a lot,there gm suspense at least 6 games and they lost Cal nicks and Robert meecham. Hosting the Super Bowl is a curse. Dallas,room got hurt and a disaster season,indy lost manning,and now it looks like the saints season won't be spectacular(to early to say though they still have drew brees. Wow.

Good news finally,Alex smith re signed with San Francisco.

Yes, by miles, but so much can go wrong for the Broncos now - Manning gets injured, and their season is done, at least that's what it'd seem like. I just don't see why they never kept him? Manning is bound to get injured sometime, and when it does happen, then the Bronc's will see why they shouldn't have done the trade.

...I thought Manning-Tebow would be sick, and cause Tim coulda learned from one of the best to ever play.

Wow. The worst trade ever for the jets,as if Sanchez didn't need any more pressure. What a dysfunctional franchise. There's the giants,all business like,a perfect front office and franchise,then there's the jets(face palm) what a joke. I thought Dallas management was bad. At least we support our quarterback.

Wow Sean payton suspended a year. Wow drew breed isn't re signed,they lost there 2nd round draft pick,there fined a lot,there gm suspense at least 6 games and they lost Cal nicks and Robert meecham. Hosting the Super Bowl is a curse. Dallas,room got hurt and a disaster season,indy lost manning,and now it looks like the saints season won't be spectacular(to early to say though they still have drew brees. Wow.

Good news finally,Alex smith re signed with San Francisco.