Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

NFL Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13219 replies to this topic

#10861 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

God. I had the 2nd most points by far this week and still lose. Whats a guy gotta do?

yeah I saw that

brutal

losing 95-94 is one this. losing 167-166 is a real kick in the pants though

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#10862 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:52 PM

2 great prime time games.

And....THURDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL STARTS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Thursday Night Football is the worst and dumbest thing to ever happen to NFL scheduling.
Posted Image

#10863 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

Thursday Night Football is the worst and dumbest thing to ever happen to NFL scheduling.

It's only 1 fkn game! get a grip!

I like my NFL on Sundays and the MNF game too but if we can get 1 game on a Thursday to spread it out a bit than awesome!!

These are professional athletes it's not like they don't have enough time to prepare for a Thursday game either.

Seriously the dumbest and worst thing ever?? LOL
Posted Image

#10864 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:22 AM

It's only 1 fkn game! get a grip!

I like my NFL on Sundays and the MNF game too but if we can get 1 game on a Thursday to spread it out a bit than awesome!!

These are professional athletes it's not like they don't have enough time to prepare for a Thursday game either.

Seriously the dumbest and worst thing ever?? LOL

Not only are the games not all publicly televised, it's two days of practise you miss and three days of REST in between games.

These are professional athletes, who play one of the most physically demanding games in the world. Not to mention it's one of the most strategic, preparation is key. You ask any NFL player or coach, I guarantee you they would not want to play on a Thursday after a Sunday game. And sometimes it's following a Sunday Night game, in which the game goes till about midnight eastern.

Thanksgiving I can understand, but to do this weekly from week 10 on is pointless and dumb. Especially this late in the year when teams need the time to rest players who have injuries etc.
Posted Image

#10865 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Not only are the games not all publicly televised, it's two days of practise you miss and three days of REST in between games.

These are professional athletes, who play one of the most physically demanding games in the world. Not to mention it's one of the most strategic, preparation is key. You ask any NFL player or coach, I guarantee you they would not want to play on a Thursday after a Sunday game. And sometimes it's following a Sunday Night game, in which the game goes till about midnight eastern.

Thanksgiving I can understand, but to do this weekly from week 10 on is pointless and dumb. Especially this late in the year when teams need the time to rest players who have injuries etc.

The Thursday games are always televised, every single one.

Of course the players and coaches PREFER to have a regular week off between games but every team is capable of playing at least 1 week on short rest, if Thursday games were such a problem they wouldn't have them or the whole idea would've been axed during lockout negotiations.

I just don't think it's a big deal, I think it's great to have an NFL game on a Thursday. :)
Posted Image

#10866 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

The Thursday games are always televised, every single one.

Of course the players and coaches PREFER to have a regular week off between games but every team is capable of playing at least 1 week on short rest, if Thursday games were such a problem they wouldn't have them or the whole idea would've been axed during lockout negotiations.

I just don't think it's a big deal, I think it's great to have an NFL game on a Thursday. :)

Not all television providers in the US carry NFL Network.

I'm not saying it's a huge problem. But in looking at NFL scheduling, what's worse than Thursday Night Football? My statement was that in the sphere of the schedule it is the worst thing. I don't think there is a thing worse than that. Possibly cross country travel, but at least you still have the days in between.
Posted Image

#10867 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Sur thesy have less time to rest and prepae for thirsday night games but that also goes both ways. But the next week theyll have an addvantage with the the rest and preparation time.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#10868 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

frack!! Our punter would throw like Romo :(

Defense played like crap, other than the couple of forced fumbles.

The defense can't stop the run. It's pathetic. And how about Maclin and Jackson? I know they have great speed but man terrible hands they keep fumbling and dropping passes!!!

Eagles need to add some more size to their receiving corps. And a guy who has good reliable hands.

This Eagles team looked like the 1-4 team. Not the team that demolished Dallas last week.

It would take a miracle for them to make the playoffs now. They have to win out the rest of the games. Only way they get in is if New York just totally collapses in the second half.

:(

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#10869 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:39 PM

Sportsnation colin cowherd compared tim tebow to canada. Hahahahaha. But its true too

Edited by Rr11, 08 November 2011 - 07:40 PM.

#10870 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

The defense can't stop the run. It's pathetic. And how about Maclin and Jackson? I know they have great speed but man terrible hands they keep fumbling and dropping passes!!!

Eagles need to add some more size to their receiving corps. And a guy who has good reliable hands.

This Eagles team looked like the 1-4 team. Not the team that demolished Dallas last week.

It would take a miracle for them to make the playoffs now. They have to win out the rest of the games. Only way they get in is if New York just totally collapses in the second half.

:(

jackson is still playing?? all kidding aside he is having a horrific year, and im a fan of his, what a joke

avant has reliable hands, but hes not a great wr type tight end, but he is serviceable, which wont get it done when the other members of the corps are dropping balls or not even getting thrown to

when they were 1-4 i thought they were done, cuz looking at the big picture they had to go minimum 8-3 barring what the others do in the div, now they 3-5 and the giants arent going anywhere it would appear after a huge win in new england, but stranger things have happened

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference/Liar, lawyer; mirror show me, what's the difference?

#10871 Upshall18

Upshall18

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Packers are selling more shares soon and I want one!

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) The Green Bay Packers' stock sale may begin as early as next week.
In a letter published on the Utah Department of Commerce's website, a law firm representing the Packers has requested feedback from state regulators on a proposed stock sale that would begin "on or around" Nov. 15. According to the document, shares may be sold online and will be more expensive than in past sales - perhaps $250 each.
The Packers, the NFL's only publicly owned team, have been planning what would be their fifth stock sale. This one would raise funds for renovations at Lambeau Field. There are 112,205 shareholders who own approximately 4.75 million shares. Shares include voting rights, but their value won't appreciate and there are no dividends.
It is unclear how many states the team has contacted.
The letter was reported by Bloomberg News earlier Tuesday.

http://nationalpost....225725929955008

If I forget I'm counting on the other Packer fans on this board to bump this once they're finally on sale

#10872 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

Packers are selling more shares soon and I want one!

http://nationalpost....225725929955008

If I forget I'm counting on the other Packer fans on this board to bump this once they're finally on sale

im not a packer fan, but i would love to own a share, that would be sick so hold that share

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference/Liar, lawyer; mirror show me, what's the difference?

#10873 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

New England has not lost 3 in a row since 2002. That's 9 years. 9 freakin years. I was blown away when I read that. Even that season when Brady got hurt week one they didn't lose 3 in a row. I read a tweet on sunday from puck daddy on twitter. He's a jets fan. Said he didn't know whether to thank the Giants for winning or be angry that they sent the pats too New York on a 2 game losing streak. #angrybrady

Thanks VC for the sig.

#10874 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

Im going to the san diego oakland ame today!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10875 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

My first live nfl game was awesome. The atmosphere was amazing and the game was pretty good. Theres no word to describe the moment you walk up the stairs and see the field. Wow!!

#10876 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:50 AM

My first live nfl game was awesome. The atmosphere was amazing and the game was pretty good. Theres no word to describe the moment you walk up the stairs and see the field. Wow!!

thats pretty sick, i wanted to go the ravens seahawks game this weekend, but it doesnt look like i will b able to make it, ill have to wait another 4 years haha, glad u had an awesome time

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10877 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:44 AM

I'm scared for Sunday night.Can the defense stop Tomlinson and Greene and, er, Sanchez? [is he really a threat to anyone?] Wait, what defense?

#10878 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:37 AM

I'm scared for Sunday night.Can the defense stop Tomlinson and Greene and, er, Sanchez? [is he really a threat to anyone?] Wait, what defense?

Sanchez doesn't worry me at all, and apart from the last few games, the run defense hasn't been bad. That pass defense is crap, but the Jets don't have a Big Ben, or a Manning. I don't think Sanchez will be able to take apart the defense like some of the other good QB's the pats have faced. If I was the Jets defense, the last quarterback I would want to play against would be a Tom Brady that's lost 2 in a row for the first time in 9 years. Facing Brady when he isn't angry is bad enough.

Thanks VC for the sig.

#10879 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Sanchez doesn't worry me at all, and apart from the last few games, the run defense hasn't been bad. That pass defense is crap, but the Jets don't have a Big Ben, or a Manning. I don't think Sanchez will be able to take apart the defense like some of the other good QB's the pats have faced. If I was the Jets defense, the last quarterback I would want to play against would be a Tom Brady that's lost 2 in a row for the first time in 9 years. Facing Brady when he isn't angry is bad enough.

biggest game of the season for both teams, id be surprised if brady doesnt play his best game, will a b a challenge in ny though, pats win in a close one

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10880 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,731 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

How bout tony romo. 10 for 10 in the 1st

#10881 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Jesus. This Bills Dallas game is Brutal >_<

Posted Image

--

#10882 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

Titans rolling over the Panthers :towel:

#10883 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

CBS just changed from the Bills - Cowboys game to Steelers - Bengals with a quarter to go.
Posted Image

#10884 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

The Bills have been absolutely brutal the last two weeks.

Awful today, absolutely awful. If we don't go and get a W next week against the Fins we're in trouble.

Posted Image

--

#10885 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

Hey romo, nice to meet ya, where ya been

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10886 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Tim Tebow has completed 2 of 8 passes. The Broncos are going to win.
Posted Image

#10887 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Wow William gay did something other than get burned all day every week

Edited by *PrimeTime*, 13 November 2011 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10888 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Tim Tebow has completed 2 of 8 passes. The Broncos are going to win.

Tim tebow is a TERRIBLE quarterback

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10889 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Also, Phil Dawson missed a 22 yard field goal that would have put the Browns ahead of the Rams.

I really feel bad for Cleveland.
Posted Image

#10890 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Matt Ryan to Harry Douglas 3 times in a row to cover 60 yards, the Falcons are driving down the field and are in field goal range with 46 seconds left in a 3 point game. The Saints man coverage was exposed more than a surrey girl on a thursday night after mirage closes.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.