The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Patriots lost :lol: Brady has either lost some of his timing or it's just rust. He hasn't looked like his old self. The Pats D needs some improvements. That Mark Sanchez is going to be a solid NFL QB. He has shown lots of poise and maturity for a rook. Props to Rex Ryan and his team.

My 2 locks, Packers -9.5 over the Bengals at home , Steelers-2.5 over the Bears in Chi, Gonna bet the house. jk. OH and the Raiders by 4, KC looked bad Week 1.

Romo isn't over-rated and he's not the main reason that the Cowboy's havent been succesfull in the post season. He just takes a lot of heat because of his honest answers to media questions rather than the textbook ideal that most players spout off.

On a side note, dissapointed that the Seahawks lost to the 9er's today <_< . But honestly, not all that suprised I think San Fran makes the playoffs this year.

The Cowboys/Giants game was a great finish. The flipside of Manningham/Smith - the Cowboys rushing for 250 yards (quite impressive)...felt bad for Barber and Jones that they had to be at the losing end of that game after great efforts from what I saw (saw the second half). Love how Manning took charge at the end - so composed. Marion Barber's injury looks to be a strained quad, so not TOO serious.

Patriots lost :lol: Brady has either lost some of his timing or it's just rust. He hasn't looked like his old self. The Pats D needs some improvements. That Mark Sanchez is going to be a solid NFL QB. He has shown lots of poise and maturity for a rook. Props to Rex Ryan and his team.

It looks like you lost the house. I'm glad I didn't bet this week. Too many upsets. That Steelers line was very tempting though.

No surprise there. It's Bellichick, his classlessness rubs off on his players and even Pats fans(NPF).

They should of never gotten rid of Schottenheimer.

Tony Romo is ridiculously overrated. Another poor outing against the Giants. This guy gets hyped a lot by the media and Dallas fans.

This is what I've learned from Week 2:

1. If the Saints are playing and the Over/Under is Over 44, LAY DOWN ALOT. Without doubt, if the Giants don't have the best offensive line, then it's the Saints

2. For the next couple of weeks, FADE the Browns, Lions, Redskins, and Panthers

3. Redskins are jokers

4. Jim Zorn is a RETARD. Joe Gibbs, please come back......encore?

5. Norv Turner shares similarities to Jim Zorn, read #4

6. Early into the season for the Titans, but curses do exists.

7. JaMarcus Russell is a bust. If it wasn't for Seymour and Ellis, KC should've ran away with that game.

8. Mike Singletary reminds me of Denzel Washington's character from Remember the Titans, demands respect and perfection from his team as a cohesive unit

9. Ravens defence and running game still the same, Joe Flacco is only getting better. Would not surprise me one bit if the Ravens go all the way

10. Steelers need Polamalu back ASAP, Dick Lebeau needs to do something about that passing defence. Jeff Reed missing two field goals in one game is not a FML moment, but definitely a WTF did I do last night. Before the game, there was a shot of him like he was doped up.

11. Titans secondary BLOWS chunks

12. Bengals defence is only getting better and it's a scary thought if you are a Steelers fan for next week

13. Jaguars are jokers as well

14. Patriots defence is CRAP. So Brady and his offence better start finding ways to put points on the board because the Patriots defence are spending too much time on the field.

15. Romo is overrated. Seriously now, with 3 picks against the Giants, a division rival, and at home, you deserve to lose.

* Eli Manning is a beast. Yes, he's got that stacked o-line, but he still makes it happen even if the pocket has collapsed.

This is what I've learned from Week 2:

1. If the Saints are playing and the Over/Under is Over 44, LAY DOWN ALOT. Without doubt, if the Giants don't have the best offensive line, then it's the Saints

2. For the next couple of weeks, FADE the Browns, Lions, Redskins, and Panthers

3. Redskins are jokers

4. Jim Zorn is a RETARD. Joe Gibbs, please come back......encore?

5. Norv Turner shares similarities to Jim Zorn, read #4

6. Early into the season for the Titans, but curses do exists.

7. JaMarcus Russell is a bust. If it wasn't for Seymour and Ellis, KC should've ran away with that game.

8. Mike Singletary reminds me of Denzel Washington's character from Remember the Titans, demands respect and perfection from his team as a cohesive unit

9. Ravens defence and running game still the same, Joe Flacco is only getting better. Would not surprise me one bit if the Ravens go all the way

10. Steelers need Polamalu back ASAP, Dick Lebeau needs to do something about that passing defence. Jeff Reed missing two field goals in one game is not a FML moment, but definitely a WTF did I do last night. Before the game, there was a shot of him like he was doped up.

11. Titans secondary BLOWS chunks

12. Bengals defence is only getting better and it's a scary thought if you are a Steelers fan for next week

13. Jaguars are jokers as well

14. Patriots defence is CRAP. So Brady and his offence better start finding ways to put points on the board because the Patriots defence are spending too much time on the field.

15. Romo is overrated. Seriously now, with 3 picks against the Giants, a division rival, and at home, you deserve to lose.

* Eli Manning is a beast. Yes, he's got that stacked o-line, but he still makes it happen even if the pocket has collapsed.

right...i'm so classless :rolleyes:

You're eagles looked greeaaaaaaat today eh? I know they didn't have McNabb, but even he wouldn't have been able to stop the embarassment. Funny how when something good happens to them its the only thing you talk about yet after a loss you don't even mention them.

I wouldn't say the defense is crap. Yes they allowed 24 points to buffalo, but a Mayo-less defense held theJets, who I think are the better offense, to only 16 points. Not to mention held the running game in check.

Overall, I agree with your list. Love #1

Archived