Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

NFL Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13219 replies to this topic

#10921 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

whats it like for fans of teams other than the Packers? do you guys get depressed when you see how much better the Packers are than the rest of the league?

just wondering.

Patriots have been doing it for the past 10 years, nothing no ones used to.
Posted Image

#10922 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

That posts reminds me of that guy who kept getting banned and creating accounts. I think AirOnGodgers, Glock Lesnar and Charles Hoodson were some of his accounts. He's probably back.

Edited by Madness, 15 November 2011 - 10:08 AM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#10923 TrevorForPrimeMinister

TrevorForPrimeMinister

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

That posts reminds me of that guy who kept getting banned and creating accounts. I think AirOnGodgers, Glock Lesnar and Charles Hoodson were some of his accounts. He's probably back.

haha Charles Hoodson, the guy looks like a straight thug but plays like hes 25.

Posted Image

Resident Green Bay Packers, Canucks, Miami Hurricanes, Sacramento Kings & Minnesota Twins Fan

#10924 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Patriots have been doing it for the past 10 years, nothing no ones used to.

Oh I get that.

I'm just trying to understand the mind state of fans of comparatively horrible teams. I mean I notice that you are a Jets fan. What does it feel like to see someone like Mark Sanchez play horribly and then see the mastery of Aaron Rodgers or to a much lesser extent, Tom Brady?

I mean are you guys just in awe all the time? Is there anger? Maybe sadness?

Help me understand.

#10925 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

Oh I get that.

I'm just trying to understand the mind state of fans of comparatively horrible teams. I mean I notice that you are a Jets fan. What does it feel like to see someone like Mark Sanchez play horribly and then see the mastery of Aaron Rodgers or to a much lesser extent, Tom Brady?

Help me understand.

As long as the packers beat the cowboys wild card and divisional rivals i dont mind the packers. Its nice to know the bears and lions have 2 automatic loses and the giants have 1.

So your a cubs fan too😄 how doe it feel to know you will never win a world series!!!!!

Edited by Rr11, 15 November 2011 - 04:02 PM.

2lnqqu.jpg

#10926 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

As long as the packers beat the cowboys wild card and divisional rivals i dont mind the packers. Its nice to know the bears and lions have 2 automatic loses and the giants have 1.

That is a good attitude to have. I would shake your hand if I ever met you in real life.

#10927 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

Oh I get that.

Help me understand.

hahaha, you're a clown buddy.

To degrade Tom Brady like you just have shows what a homer you are. Tom Brady has been dominating the NFL for a decade now. He's done it with less talent, and always hasn't had the benefit of a good defence behind him. He holds like 50 NFL records.

I think you're gonna have to wait more than a few years to put Brady ahead of Rodgers.
Posted Image

#10928 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

hahaha, you're a clown buddy.

To degrade Tom Brady like you just have shows what a homer you are. Tom Brady has been dominating the NFL for a decade now. He's done it with less talent, and always hasn't had the benefit of a good defence behind him. He holds like 50 NFL records.

I think you're gonna have to wait more than a few years to put Brady ahead of Rodgers.

no need to resort to name calling my friend.

I do not see how I degraded Brady? He is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL, and an all time great.

Also why did you bother replying to my post, if you weren't going to answer the question I posed?

#10929 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

no need to resort to name calling my friend.

I do not see how I degraded Brady? He is the 2nd best quarterback in the NFL, and an all time great.

Also why did you bother replying to my post, if you weren't going to answer the question I posed?

Well you would know since you appear to be a fan of one of the worst baseball teams in modern history.
Posted Image

#10930 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Well you would know since you appear to be a fan of one of the worst baseball teams in modern history.

Hey,thats good for him. Hes a true fan. Its easy to cheat for the good teams. The true fans are the onees that cheer for your team even imduring bad times. Sure he cheers for te great packers but he also cheers for a bad team. So we know hes a a true fan.

2lnqqu.jpg

#10931 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

I guess you could call them the Mark Sanchez of baseball?

I have been a Cubs fan for 10 years, in that time they have not won a World Series, true. but they have been nowhere near the worst team in the league.

But I digress, I don't want to bog this NFL thread down with MLB talk.

#10932 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Hey,thats good for him. Hes a true fan. Its easy to cheat for the good teams. The true fans are the onees that cheer for your team even imduring bad times. Sure he cheers for te great packers but he also cheers for a bad team. So we know hes a a true fan.

You are a great poster, its good to see some people who know how to make good sports related posts.

#10933 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

He's actually degrading the complexity of true fans by asking "How does it feel to be a fan of such a crapty team". - And since he claims he's a fan of a bad team...he can answer that question himself. He knows how it feels doesn't he?

I can't control the level of success my teams have, it just happens. I've been a fan of the Jets and Canucks my entire life. Neither of them have won a championship in my life, this doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan of them.

If the Canucks and Jets dominated their leagues, I wouldn't run around saying "OMG HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SO BAD, LOL OMGZ".

That arrogant attitude won't make you very many friends.

Once again, I don't control the success my teams have. I just cheer for them and hope to god they do their best.

Saying he's a fan of a bad team, he should also respect that, believe it or not, people will fans of other teams besides the teams that win the big game every year. So him coming on here acting like a jackass just goes to taint Packers fan as a whole.

Every football fan I know is respectful. Of course there exists friendly jeering here and there, you can respect the fact that people are fans of teams for their own personal reasons. Acting like you're superior or better than someone since the team you cheer for is better is just ridiculous.
Posted Image

#10934 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

they were right, zambrano is a cancer

im sure his op was an attempt to incite, but at the same time if he is a clueless innocent fan then his question has some merit, i for one being a football fan first marvel at aaron rodgers, if i was u i would be watching him every chance i get, in 20 years this season of his will still b one of the greatest ever, much like bradys of 07, rodgers is a complete beast and i love watching him play

and vanjets calling someone a homer is laughable

calling a guy a clown and a jackass and then talk about being arrogant and disrespectful, haha classic

Edited by *PrimeTime*, 15 November 2011 - 09:16 PM.

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference/Liar, lawyer; mirror show me, what's the difference?

#10935 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

they were right, zambrano is a cancer

im sure his op was an attempt to incite, but at the same time if he is a clueless innocent fan then his question has some merit, i for one being a football fan first marvel at aaron rodgers, if i was u i would be watching him every chance i get, in 20 years this season of his will still b one of the greatest ever, much like bradys of 07, rodgers is a complete beast and i love watching him play

and vanjets calling someone a homer is laughable

calling a guy a clown and a jackass and then talk about being arrogant and disrespectful, haha classic

Yeah, the homer Jets fan who just finished talking about how great Brady is...

He is a clown, he came in here and spammed our thread last year.
Posted Image

#10936 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

Still can't believe my Tim Tebow led Broncos are 1 game away from first in the division. I know it is extremely unlikely but what if we made the playoffs.

#10937 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Oh I get that.

Help me understand.

Much lesser extent? Really? Arod is having a great year, perhaps an alltime great year(though I still think Brady's 07 year is better), but he isn't as far and away better than Brady as you make it seem with this post. One could (successfully) argue that Brady is still the best quarterback in the league. I don't think people realize just how much pressure is on Brady to go out there and put up points. His defense is atrocious. The Pack at least have somewhat decent defense.

Thanks VC for the sig.

#10938 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Still can't believe my Tim Tebow led Broncos are 1 game away from first in the division. I know it is extremely unlikely but what if we made the playoffs.

Then all the Tebow lovers will hop back up on the bandwagon!

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#10939 Razorghost

Razorghost

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

Tim Tebow will not have a long career in the NFL, he is a flash in the pan, and christ he went what 2/8 in the last game he played.... he's fluking out wins on some crappy teams but this will not last.

And I don't even hate Tebow, I've never seen him play in college, I wish him all the best but I'm basing this on the games I've seen him play in.
Posted Image

#10940 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

Much lesser extent? Really? Arod is having a great year, perhaps an alltime great year(though I still think Brady's 07 year is better), but he isn't as far and away better than Brady as you make it seem with this post. One could (successfully) argue that Brady is still the best quarterback in the league. I don't think people realize just how much pressure is on Brady to go out there and put up points. His defense is atrocious. The Pack at least have somewhat decent defense.

Absolutely not.

Rodgers has been better than Brady over the last 3 years and he has done it under worse conditions as well.

Surely you are not disputing that? Please tell me you are not. Otherwise I will be forced to annihilate your argument and embarrass you.

Also, Rodgers so far this year is better than Brady was in 2007. Granted Brady's stats through 9 games were better and Rodgers could regress slightly, but the point remains that as of right now Rodgers is on pace to have a better season than Brady did in 2007.

And the Packers defense has more or less played as bad as the Patriots this year.

#10941 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:57 AM

Absolutely not.

Rodgers has been better than Brady over the last 3 years and he has done it under worse conditions as well.

Surely you are not disputing that? Please tell me you are not. Otherwise I will be forced to annihilate your argument and embarrass you.

Also, Rodgers so far this year is better than Brady was in 2007. Granted Brady's stats through 9 games were better and Rodgers could regress slightly, but the point remains that as of right now Rodgers is on pace to have a better season than Brady did in 2007.

And the Packers defense has more or less played as bad as the Patriots this year.

I wonder if brady in his prime was better than rodgers in his prime. Thats a close one. Although after watching rodgers this year...

The differance between the patriots defense and the packers defense is that the packers defense has a lot of playmakers that can change the game. Pats d does not.

2lnqqu.jpg

#10942 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

The thing with Rodgers is that he hasn't even hit his prime yet. The guys on MNF said it the best. This is how Rodgers is. He can still improve. That's the scary part

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#10943 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, the homer Jets fan who just finished talking about how great Brady is...

He is a clown, he came in here and spammed our thread last year.

Maybe he is a Clown I don't know him personally, and I would imagine u do not either, point is u up on your self righteous high horse name calling and talkin about respect and arrogance in the same breath

"our thread" ?? it's a public forum

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

Steal, borrow, refer, save your shady inference/Liar, lawyer; mirror show me, what's the difference?

#10944 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

So this thread is just a flame war now?

I was having this Rodgers/Brady discussion last night. I think Rodgers is the best QB right now, but GB's supporting cast >>>>>>> NE's supporting cast.

#10945 *PrimeTime*

*PrimeTime*

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

The thing with Rodgers is that he hasn't even hit his prime yet. The guys on MNF said it the best. This is how Rodgers is. He can still improve. That's the scary part

I guess technically everyone can improve, but it's hard to imagine how much better this guy could get, complete every pass? Throw 5-6 TDs a game?? Haha it's just not possible, we r witnessing the best a qb can play imo, but I understand the implication.

Posted Image

*PrimeTime*

#10946 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Absolutely not.

I don't know if I've seen a bigger homer than you.

That 2007 season was one of the best, if not THE best season in NFL history.In 2009, the packers were a better team. Full stop. Brady was coming off a major knee injury where he had multiple(2 I believe) surgeries on that same knee. He lost a whole year, came back and threw 28 tds, Rodgers had 30. Brady had a higher completion percentage, but did throw more INT's than normal.

Now, lets go to last season. Another great year for both QB's. Arod threw for 22 more yards. Brady more TD's less INTs, and a passer rating of 111. Arod's was 101. Both incredible. Tom Brady set an NFL record with his touchdown to interception ratio, it was 9 to 1. That shattered the old record of 6 to 1 held by, you guessed it, Tom Brady. Brady tied the record for fewest interceptions in a single season. Finally, Rodgers for the most part has always had offensive targets to choose from, last year Brady had Welker, that's about it. He did what he did with 2 rookie tight ends, and a player in Deion Branch who hadn't done much the last few years. First unanimous MVP in history as well.

So in reality, this is the only season the Rodgers has been better than Brady. I seem to recall you saying hes been better for the last 3. As a poster said, Brady's been doing this for 10 years, and he's still getting better. I am looking forward to you "annihilating" my argument.

Edited by oh captain my captain, 16 November 2011 - 03:38 PM.

Thanks VC for the sig.

#10947 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'm gonna address this point from an un-bias view.

I think Brady and Rodgers are both exceptional quarterbacks. I have nothing against either of them.

Aaron Rodgers' praise is justified. He is having an amazing season. But it's nothing that hasn't been done before. People are saying he's playing as well as anyone that has ever played in the position. That's fine, but please...factor in the rules. Factor in the rules today, opposed to what they were 5-10-15-20 years ago. Rules favour the offense.

Defenses used to be able to practically demolish Wide Receivers, they used to be able to hit the quarterback (I know weird right?), we all know how the game used to be played. It's an entirely different game now. The league is a Passing league now. I don't think we can deny that.

It is in my opinion, if you were to put Joe Montana in this offense, you'd be hard pressed to tell me Rodgers would play better than him. Same with guys like Unitas, Staubach etc. They played in different eras where it was much harder to put up these yards, points etc.

I'm not taking anything away from him, I'm just saying...performances like this are going to be more common, based on the fact that the rules favouring offenses. You're going to see players put up these huge numbers. It's almost like spread offenses out there sometimes.

On to another, more important note however:

I don't know how many of you follow college football, but the NCAA is finally considering a FINAL FOUR! Thank god. I think it's about time a playoff starts introducing a playoff style system.

There's the possibility of a bunch of 1 loss teams this year, which is really pressing this issue.
Posted Image

#10948 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Guys whats so bad about earl bennetts orange cleats??????

2lnqqu.jpg

#10949 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

I don't know if I've seen a bigger homer than you.

That 2007 season was one of the best, if not THE best season in NFL history.In 2009, the packers were a better team. Full stop. Brady was coming off a major knee injury where he had multiple(2 I believe) surgeries on that same knee. He lost a whole year, came back and threw 28 tds, Rodgers had 30. Brady had a higher completion percentage, but did throw more INT's than normal.

I'm not sure why you are talking about 2007? I said the last 3 years ( I purposely avoided using 2008 because Brady got injured like an idiot and missed the whole season.) Aaron Rodgers in 2009, had a better TD%, INT%, Yards per attempt, more rushing yards, and more rushing TD's than Brady. basically better in every single category. and most importantly, he did it with a bottom 5 offensive line in the NFL, while Brady's was ranked 2nd I believe. And that injury excuse is pure garbage because a) Rodgers played much of the season with a shoulder injury and as i mentioned before Bradys offensive line was so good, its not like he was getting hammered like Rodgers was, constantly. What Rodgers did behind that offensive line, especially early on the season was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen in football.

Now, lets go to last season. Another great year for both QB's. Arod threw for 22 more yards. Brady more TD's less INTs, and a passer rating of 111. Arod's was 101. Both incredible. Tom Brady set an NFL record with his touchdown to interception ratio, it was 9 to 1. That shattered the old record of 6 to 1 held by, you guessed it, Tom Brady. Brady tied the record for fewest interceptions in a single season. Finally, Rodgers for the most part has always had offensive targets to choose from, last year Brady had Welker, that's about it. He did what he did with 2 rookie tight ends, and a player in Deion Branch who hadn't done much the last few years. First unanimous MVP in history as well.

Last season was much closer, most definitely. Brady did indeed have a better regular season (though by a smaller margin than you're thinking). You are ignoring several things. One, Brady did not lose his favourite and most dependable target 4 games into the season like Rodgers did. Brady did not lose his RB in Week 1 forcing his offense to have to be one dimensional. Also the gap between their respective offensive lines was much bigger than between their respective WR's.

And of course, most importantly, Brady crapped his pants at HOME in the playoffs, while Rodgers went bananas and won 3 straight ROAD games and then the Super Bowl.

Taking those factors into play I'd call 2010 more or less a tie, maybe even a push towards Rodgers depending on if you want to play more importance on playoff performance.

So in reality, this is the only season the Rodgers has been better than Brady. I seem to recall you saying hes been better for the last 3. As a poster said, Brady's been doing this for 10 years, and he's still getting better. I am looking forward to you "annihilating" my argument.

How is Brady getting better when you just said his best season was 4 years ago?

In summary:

Rodgers in 2009>>>>>>Brady in 2009.
Rodgers in 2010=Brady in 2010
Rodgers in 2011>>>>>>>>>>Brady in 2011

cumulatively in the last 3 seasons Rodgers has been the better quarterback.

Edited by Carlos Zambrano, 16 November 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#10950 Carlos Zambrano

Carlos Zambrano

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'm gonna address this point from an un-bias view.

I think Brady and Rodgers are both exceptional quarterbacks. I have nothing against either of them.

Aaron Rodgers' praise is justified. He is having an amazing season. But it's nothing that hasn't been done before. People are saying he's playing as well as anyone that has ever played in the position. That's fine, but please...factor in the rules. Factor in the rules today, opposed to what they were 5-10-15-20 years ago. Rules favour the offense.

Defenses used to be able to practically demolish Wide Receivers, they used to be able to hit the quarterback (I know weird right?), we all know how the game used to be played. It's an entirely different game now. The league is a Passing league now. I don't think we can deny that.

It is in my opinion, if you were to put Joe Montana in this offense, you'd be hard pressed to tell me Rodgers would play better than him. Same with guys like Unitas, Staubach etc. They played in different eras where it was much harder to put up these yards, points etc.

I'm not taking anything away from him, I'm just saying...performances like this are going to be more common, based on the fact that the rules favouring offenses. You're going to see players put up these huge numbers. It's almost like spread offenses out there sometimes.

On to another, more important note however:

I don't know how many of you follow college football, but the NCAA is finally considering a FINAL FOUR! Thank god. I think it's about time a playoff starts introducing a playoff style system.

There's the possibility of a bunch of 1 loss teams this year, which is really pressing this issue.

I agree with you to an extent. Montana is the GOAT imo. at least for now.

That said yeah passing numbers are up, but its not even that Rodgers has a 130 QB rating this year, its that the next highest is 102. thats insane, he is completely in his own tier right now. even when brady was going ham in 2007 he wasnt as far ahead of the next guy.

if Rodger's gaudy numbers were due to inflated passing statistics, then that would seen across the board and he wouldn't be all alone up there.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.