Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Why don't they just use Tebow as a RB? Lol he acts like one when he is QB

It's not that easy to change positions.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#12722 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

And Denver already has three good RBs. That would be a waste of assets.

#12723 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Why don't they just use Tebow as a RB? Lol he acts like one when he is QB

Not what BB would do; I see him as a situation player: wildcat QB or once in a while 3rd down player when 1 or 2 yards are needed to get a new set of fresh downs. Not to mention, Josh McDaniels, Tom, and Bill would improve his game greatly here in NE! People just wouldn't know it cause they wouldn't get to see him on the field often, but I'm sure if an injury occurred to Tom, and Mallett and Tebow had to get things done, everything would be fine. Ryan looked spectacular last year, and people wouldn't know what hit them -Tebow's passing game would have improved drastically, and he wouldn't just be a free for all player / he'd actually excel with us.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#12724 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Adam Schefter says Green Bay, Miami and Jacksonville interested in Tebow, and others who he did not mention.

NY jets a long shot.

Edited by vancanfan, 20 March 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#12725 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

no more tebow time!

What do you think my chargers are gonna do this year? make the playoffs? be a darkhorse? i think so

I think we will do good this year, I like our Free Agent moves so far and we have a good history playing against Peyton, if we can get some more help with our pass rush in the draft, and more importantly Norval reads coaching for dummies. I thinking it will be a poor start as per usual get hot going into the playoffs snagging a wildcard spot and doing some damage from there. Altho I'm a complete chagers homer lol

#12726 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hines Ward wants to stay in Pittsburgh, says he wants to retire a Steeler.

Also, what a contract for Manning 5 years @ 96 million.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 20 March 2012 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12727 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hines Ward wants to stay in Pittsburgh, says he wants to retire a Steeler.

Also, what a contract for Manning 5 years @ 96 million.

Hines Ward DID retire a Steeler about four hours ago.

#12728 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hines Ward DID retire a Steeler about four hours ago.

Yeah, just realized that. I thought he still would have played 2 more years.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12729 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I say Broncos gonna trade Tebow for something valuable

Posted Image

#12730 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

I think that Tebow actually could have been dealt in a deal for Brandon Marshall, but it is too bad that Miami already dealt him...

Edited by Datsyukian Dangles, 20 March 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#12731 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Eagles finally made a move to fill their huge hole in the middle of the defence by trading for DeMeco Ryans from Houston.

2 time pro-bowler and great leader. Should fit great in the middle of the 4-3.

He should really help the Eagles next season. He instantly becomes the Eagles best LB even after coming off an Achilles injury.... that's saying something. :rolleyes:

Now Eagles don't have pressure to draft a LB in the 1st round. They can wait till round 2 or 3 now and go DT in the first round.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#12732 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Not what BB would do; I see him as a situation player: wildcat QB or once in a while 3rd down player when 1 or 2 yards are needed to get a new set of fresh downs. Not to mention, Josh McDaniels, Tom, and Bill would improve his game greatly here in NE! People just wouldn't know it cause they wouldn't get to see him on the field often, but I'm sure if an injury occurred to Tom, and Mallett and Tebow had to get things done, everything would be fine. Ryan looked spectacular last year, and people wouldn't know what hit them -Tebow's passing game would have improved drastically, and he wouldn't just be a free for all player / he'd actually excel with us.

If Tom Brady got injured, the Patriots would not be "ok". They don't have a defense to bail them out anymore.

You're expecting Tebow's passing game to "improve drastically" over the course of one season?

Mallett looked spectacular? In what a preseason game or two? Was he even active for a single game this year?

Based on your assumptions, every single backup quarterback that has ever been with Brady should be good. Which is definitely not the case. It's not easy to just mentor a QB.

Jesus, at least hide the homer a little bit.
Posted Image

#12733 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Action this morning!!!

Tebow traded to Jets for a 4th.

Sean Payton suspended for a full year (!!!), Gregg Williams indefinitely.

The Saints also lose two 2nd round picks.

Edited by JustJokinen!, 21 March 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#12734 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

LOL. Tebow. :picard:
Posted Image

#12735 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,294 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Lol Tebow indeed

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#12736 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Jesus I wonder how Mark Sanchez is dealing with the news!

Posted Image

--

#12737 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,048 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Sean Payton suspended for the whole season and Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. Saints also lose their 2nd round pick in the 2012 and 2013 drafts.

Wow, huge price to pay.

Source: http://msn.foxsports...nishment-032112

Edited by Bang Bang Boogie, 21 March 2012 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image

#12738 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

Jesus I wonder how Mark Sanchez is dealing with the news!

Guy just got a 3 year contract extension. Shouldn't be worried. They've told him he's the starter. Tebow will be used in wildcat - Sprarano loved it in Miami.
Posted Image

#12739 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Sean Payton suspended for the whole season and Greg Williams suspended indefinitely. Saints also lose their 2nd round pick in the 2012 and 2013 drafts.

Wow, huge price to pay.

Source: http://msn.foxsports...nishment-032112

Well that better teach them a lesson then, I mean seriously, all of you are already multi-millionaires and you use that money to promote injuring the other players? Just disgusting and I am glad that they got these suspensions.

Saints don't have their coach + they lost Carl Nicks, looks like it is going to be an ugly season over there in New Orleans.

#12740 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

crazy couple of days, kind of glad most everything has washed over the Pack so far

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 21 March 2012 - 10:32 AM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#12741 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

If Tom Brady got injured, the Patriots would not be "ok". They don't have a defense to bail them out anymore.

You're expecting Tebow's passing game to "improve drastically" over the course of one season?

Mallett looked spectacular? In what a preseason game or two? Was he even active for a single game this year?

Based on your assumptions, every single backup quarterback that has ever been with Brady should be good. Which is definitely not the case. It's not easy to just mentor a QB.

Jesus, at least hide the homer a little bit.

What? Your saying it like I pumped these guys up big time, which I kinda did lol, but its nonetheless true.

You think in the past decade or so, Pats backups haven't been great ones when they are in need to play? Drew Bledsoe injured, Tom Brady fills in and becomes a legend. Brady season ending injury in '08 in the first week against the Chiefs, Matt Cassell comes out of nowhere and leads the team to a 11-5 record, barely missing the playoffs - it was a division tie with the Jets or Dolphins I believe, and they made it cause they won the season series.

Moral: Pats backups have proved that when the time arises and the spotlight is on for them to perform, its happened every time with Bill Belichik as head coach. Why they do so good? BB arguably has the best system in the world for football. He will get players to do a certain role, nothing more, nothing less, and everyone is given that. He makes them practise, physically, and paperwork wise, so much, its surreal - watch that documentary that was made about him last year. With his system, if the players succeed and please BB, they make the cut, and for backup QB's on the Pats, they've always excelled with Bill. Not to mention, Cassell was later traded for a 1st round pick for his amazing year.

And yea, Mallett was spectacular in the pre-season! 'Pre-season is meaningless, its worth nothing', well guess what, it is. Just like hockey or any other sport, when you see a rookie do great in the pre-season, you know he's going to become something great sometime down the road - example: how we looked at Hodgson - you can't say his impressions were worth nothing cause it was a pre-season game; those games mean a lot. Anyways, Mallett killed it when he played! There was a small, fun controversy on whether the Pats should start him or Brady in the regular season cause of amazing performances lol - You can't say he's not spectacular when you haven't seen him play, cause if you have, you'd know how well this boy can play.

Played one half only, went 12 for 19 with a TD, and was the best player on the field that day. sure you can say he faced 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers, but its not like he was playing with 1st stringers - he had 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers on the field too.

....You have no clue how much potential, and how talented this guy is - I guarantee you if he stays with the Pats with BB still as head coach, Mallett will become a top 3 QB in the league within 4 years of his starting career which is still a long ways to come.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#12742 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

What? Your saying it like I pumped these guys up big time, which I kinda did lol, but its nonetheless true.

You think in the past decade or so, Pats backups haven't been great ones when they are in need to play? Drew Bledsoe injured, Tom Brady fills in and becomes a legend. Brady season ending injury in '08 in the first week against the Chiefs, Matt Cassell comes out of nowhere and leads the team to a 11-5 record, barely missing the playoffs - it was a division tie with the Jets or Dolphins I believe, and they made it cause they won the season series.

Moral: Pats backups have proved that when the time arises and the spotlight is on for them to perform, its happened every time with Bill Belichik as head coach. Why they do so good? BB arguably has the best system in the world for football. He will get players to do a certain role, nothing more, nothing less, and everyone is given that. He makes them practise, physically, and paperwork wise, so much, its surreal - watch that documentary that was made about him last year. With his system, if the players succeed and please BB, they make the cut, and for backup QB's on the Pats, they've always excelled with Bill. Not to mention, Cassell was later traded for a 1st round pick for his amazing year.

And yea, Mallett was spectacular in the pre-season! 'Pre-season is meaningless, its worth nothing', well guess what, it is. Just like hockey or any other sport, when you see a rookie do great in the pre-season, you know he's going to become something great sometime down the road - example: how we looked at Hodgson - you can't say his impressions were worth nothing cause it was a pre-season game; those games mean a lot. Anyways, Mallett killed it when he played! There was a small, fun controversy on whether the Pats should start him or Brady in the regular season cause of amazing performances lol - You can't say he's not spectacular when you haven't seen him play, cause if you have, you'd know how well this boy can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7H9hyVHcAM

Played one half only, went 12 for 19 with a TD, and was the best player on the field that day. sure you can say he faced 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers, but its not like he was playing with 1st stringers - he had 2nd, 3rd, 4th stringers on the field too.

....You have no clue how much potential, and how talented this guy is - I guarantee you if he stays with the Pats with BB still as head coach, Mallett will become a top 3 QB in the league within 4 years of his starting career which is still a long ways to come.

Wow that is a bold statement...

#12743 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Tebow traded to Jets for a 4th.

Wtf, I thought you were joking - Sad Pats never got him, but meh, Mallett will get more attention now to become better. ....My take on the trade:

Tebow = Humble & Quiet
Jets and Rex Ryan = Cocky & Loud
= Not gonna work out

Agree - oui ou non?

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#12744 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

loooooool

that has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while

bannnndwagonerrrrrrr

where were you when the pats lost?

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#12745 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Wtf, I thought you were joking - Sad Pats never got him, but meh, Mallett will get more attention now to become better. ....My take on the trade:

Tebow = Humble & Quiet
= Not gonna work out

Agree - oui ou non?

I thought they would at least get more than just a 4th round pick in the draft, I thought they could have easily got a 2nd for him, not a 4th!

#12746 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Wow that is a bold statement...

Yea, I know what responsibilities I take on by saying that, but this guy has the talent to become that, especially alongside with Belichik.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#12747 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

loooooool

that has to be one of the funniest things I've read in a while

bannnndwagonerrrrrrr

where were you when the pats lost?

Boston Pizza with 5 Pats friends, 5 Giants friends watching the game.

:picard:

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#12748 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Tebow = Humble & Quiet
= Not gonna work out

Agree - oui ou non?

I don't think it will work out, not because of that, but because Sanchez and Tebow are both bad QBs.

Tebow is used to a lot of media attention already so I don't think that will be a problem, same with Ryan's Jets.

Maybe it will light a fire under Sanchez and he'll play better, who knows.

#12749 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

I thought they would at least get more than just a 4th round pick in the draft, I thought they could have easily got a 2nd for him, not a 4th!

Same; they hurried to get him out way too fast - if they waited a week or two, there would've been a team wanting him badly and would've offered at least a 3rd. My take on the trade: Not a fan at all. Tebow revives the Broncos season with a miraculous year, gets the fans something to cheer for, and takes them to the post-season - they sure lost a true winner, and its sad what they did for a guy who amped up the whole organization and world. Yea its a business and all, but that shouldn't be an excuse for why they did it.

....Things already look bad in New York - look at what Antonio Cromartie tweeted earlier today or yesterday:

"We don't need Tebow. We sell out every home game let him go to Jacksonville Tampa or Miami."

.....Its why others and myself hate the Jets - cocky, run their mouths, and think talking will win games. They make the NFL look like WWE at times.

Posted Image

- Tom Brady

#12750 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Boston Pizza with 5 Pats friends, 5 Giants friends watching the game.

:picard:

lol

it's easy to say you "cheer" for the Pats, that is all.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.