13219 replies to this topic

#12901 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

That sounded pretty harsh - didn't mean to lol.

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#12902 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,811 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Saw this in an article on NFL.com's home page.

"The Jets have a perception problem as a bunch of loudmouths who don't back it up."

It's not even worth making fun of them anymore, they do it all on their own. It's like the bandgeek in high school who pisses his pants in front of everyone, no need to make fun of him anymore he's already embarassed himself.

That was a horrible analogy.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#12903 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

And the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since they got caught cheating, see, I can do it too!

Patriots are like that one kid in high school who is really well built and buff, later you find out he took steroids.
Posted Image

#12904 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,811 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

And the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since they got caught cheating, see, I can do it too!

Patriots are like that one kid in high school who is really well built and buff, later you find out he took steroids.

You're right. Tyree's freak of a catch and Manningham's '99 out of 100 times it would not be caught' catch occurred because the Patriots couldn't cheat. Also going 16-0 after the whole spygate thing broke out, guess other teams just couldn't beat them because the Patriots weren't cheating right? :rolleyes:

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#12905 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Ya,the patriots are still one of the best
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#12906 VanJets

VanJets

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

You're right. Tyree's freak of a catch and Manningham's '99 out of 100 times it would not be caught' catch occurred because the Patriots couldn't cheat. Also going 16-0 after the whole spygate thing broke out, guess other teams just couldn't beat them because the Patriots weren't cheating right? :rolleyes:

Rex Ryan guaranteed two Superbowls, was a game away from two Superbowls. Not bad if you ask me considering the odds against him.

Clearly my point just went right over your head though. It was satire. It's pointless to sit here and bash an opposing team, regardless of whether or not your rivals or not. It's a matter of being a respectful and mature fan. Fun and friendly jeering after beating someone is by all means welcome, and I encourage. But after a while it just gets annoying and reflects poorly on you as a fan - and a fan base as a whole.

I'm not saying all Jets fans are noble and great. Frankly they're probably one of the worst, as most New York fans are. But I try and exemplify myself in a positive way, and I hope you guys would feel that way, cause the last thing I would want to be is annoying or disrespectful - not saying you specifically are.

Edited by VanJets, 30 March 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

#12907 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Rex Ryan guaranteed two Superbowls, was a game away from two Superbowls. Not bad if you ask me considering the odds against him.

Clearly my point just went right over your head though. It was satire.

The thing is though,the patriots have made two super bowls,and dominate every regular season.
They even won 11 games the year their star qb was hurt.

There still one of the strongest kids in high school even after being caught.

#12908 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:45 AM

The all time NFL loser Ryan Leaf still a loser. Got himself in a boatload of trouble now.

Felony burglary and drug charges.

#12909 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

-

#12910 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,345 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

LT Jason Peters for the Eagles tore his Achilles working out. Tough injury considering he is a top 5 tackle in the NFL.

This may change the Eagles plans for their 1st round pick in the draft.

Gonna have to find someone to plug the hole.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#12911 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

-

#12912 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,811 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Nike jerseys were unveiled today. Most of the teams jerseys look exactly the same as the reebok ones. But I couldn't stop laughing at the Seahawks away jersey I believe it is. Looks like one of those "Starter" jersey things you buy your kids from walmart or zellers.

#12913 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

-

-

-

-

-

-

hey guys

maybe we could start using real computers? your phones don't seem to be working very well for you. just a thought

edit: new uniforms look pretty sharp. glad the Packers haven't changed the look

Edited by GodzillaDeuce, 03 April 2012 - 02:05 PM.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#12914 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Theres nothing really new to the Dallas jersey

#12915 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I love the new Seahawks jerseys, especially the gloves.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#12916 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,573 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Saints sign David Hawthorne today. Loving the new LB's the team picked up. Looking much stronger than last season.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#12917 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

Nike jerseys were unveiled today. Most of the teams jerseys look exactly the same as the reebok ones. But I couldn't stop laughing at the Seahawks away jersey I believe it is. Looks like one of those "Starter" jersey things you buy your kids from walmart or zellers.

Oh god I can't stand the new Seahawks Jerseys. They look like Oregon rip-offs in horrible colours. I don't think it's something I'll ever get used to.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#12918 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Unfortunately the Giants apparently are bringing back there 3rd red jersey. I guess at least they didn't change ours in any way I really like them the way they are.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#12919 Brunners

Brunners

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I think the new fabric technologies in the uniforms are a great step forward.

I actually quite like the Seahawks Jerseys, if I'm honest.

Posted Image

--

#12920 pdc

pdc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Unfortunately the Giants apparently are bringing back there 3rd red jersey.  I guess at least they didn't change ours in any way I really like them the way they are.

I thought they got rid of those because they went 0-4 while wearing them. Thats bad news for you guys cuz those are cursed. lol

#12921 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I thought they got rid of those because they went 0-4 while wearing them. Thats bad news for you guys cuz those are cursed. lol

At least we got the Superbowl before they came back eh. :lol:

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#12922 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

Dallas ore season scheduale announced. They play Oakland as their first pre game on amonday nighter national tv.

#12923 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Why are you so happy? that is a brutal schedule for Dallas, the Eagles just had an off season and with a healthy Vick next year they should be back to being an elite team.
The Giants will be just as tough next year and Chicago when healthy is tough to play against.

New York G
New York G
Philly
Philly
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
New Orleans
Atlanta
Chicago

That's nine games right there that are really tough and are nowhere near easy wins for Dallas.

Cinncy
Carolina
Seattle

Cinncy's made the playoffs and should be even better next year with Dalton at the helm, Seattle and Carolina should be wins for Dallas but both of those teams are considered mediocre but not horrible and would not be slam dunk wins for Dallas.

Washington
Washington
Cleveland
Tampa Bay

Those 4 teams will be the easiest opponents for Dallas next year.

I don't see Dallas making the playoffs next year either.

Aging Chicago and Seattle is way better than playing green bay and San francisco

#12924 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

This is the exact reason why the punishments for the saints are fair.

There's a new face behind the head injury lawsuits against the NFL, a former All-Pro defensive end from the Detroit Lions some may recognize better as the lovable lug of a father from the 1980s sitcom "Webster."
Before that, Alex Karras played the equally lovable Mongo in "Blazing Saddles," uttering one of the movie's best lines when he declared: "Mongo only pawn in game of life."
He's 76 now, and suffering from dementia. His wife said this week that a man who used to love to drive his cars can no longer get behind the wheel. She said a man who used to be an amazing cook of Italian and Greek food doesn't cook anymore because he can't remember what his recipes were.
He's among 1,200 former players now suing the NFL, claiming the league misled players about the risks of head injuries and was negligent about their treatment. Many of them are suffering from brain damage, and none of them are getting any better.
For the most part, fans seem to have pretty much discarded them as yesterday's news. They would rather focus on whether the Cleveland Browns should draft an offensive lineman in the fourth round than whether a former journeyman linebacker or backup safety can tie his shoes or remember what house he lives in.
"It's the same thing as back in the gladiator days when the gladiators fought to death," said attorney Craig Mitnick, who represents Karras and hundreds of others in the suit. "Fans care about these guys when they're playing and they are heroes. But as soon as you're not a hero and not playing the fan doesn't really care what happens to them."
Maybe it's time we started caring. Debate the merits of the suit all you want -- and the NFL will certainly do so -- there's no doubt a lot of former players are paying the price for taking hits to the head during a time when the significance of concussions was either minimized or not entirely known.
Some you may not have ever heard of, or have long forgotten about. Others were once your heroes, taking the field every Sunday for a big paycheque and the chance to bring glory to the franchise.
Jim McMahon was one of those guys. The quarterback who helped bring Chicago a Super Bowl championship was a rebel who clashed with the league, and a fan favourite who prided himself on his toughness and ability to take a hit. Now his girlfriend programs the GPS for their house in case he gets lost, and he gets angry and frustrated at all the things he can't recall.
"I won't remember a hell of a lot about this interview in about 10 minutes," he said in a recent interview on ESPN's "Outside The Lines."
Tony Dorsett is a Hall of Famer and one of the greatest running backs in the history of the league. At 57 he's still relatively young, but the former Dallas Cowboy already forgets people's names or where he's heading while driving on the highway. Doctors have told him he's not getting enough oxygen in the left lobe of his brain, and he fears his memory issues are getting worse.
Yet he and other retirees have no medical insurance from the league, no compensation for their deteriorating health other than the money they earned while they were in the field.
"Yeah, I understand you paid me to do this, but still yet, I put my life on the line for you, I put my health on the line," Dorsett told The Associated Press just before the Super Bowl. "And yet when the time comes, you turn your back on me? That's not right. That's not the American way."
Other names you might recognize who are plaintiffs include former Lions cornerback Lem Barney, Buffalo offensive lineman Joe DeLamielleure, and Brent Boyd, a former Vikings offensive lineman. Boyd's lawyers say he is the only living player to be diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative disease often found in boxers who have taken too many punches to the head.
They've come forward for help, and in doing so they've put a human face on the lawsuits.
At issue in the lawsuits is whether the NFL either turned the other cheek when it came to blows to the head, or was wilfully negligent. As late as 2009, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell appeared before Congress and would not acknowledge a link between head injuries suffered on the field and brain diseases later in life.
That's changed for the most part, with the league now actively involved in concussion studies. There's a 10-year, $100 million program in place now to study ways to limit and respond to concussion-related injuries, and there is now strict protocol in place for players who show signs of concussions. The penalties handed down recently by Goodell in the Saints bounty case went far beyond what many in the league expected, almost surely because he realized the delicacy of the issue in light of the lawsuits over brain damage.
There's also the "88 plan," co-funded by the league and the player's union and named after the late Hall of Fame tight end John Mackey's number. Mackey died at the age of 69 after a long battle with dementia, but not before he and his wife helped bring about the creation of the plan that provides help to those with dementia.
Forgive most of those left behind, though, if they feel like they've been cast off and forgotten. The league didn't take care of them then, and it's not taking care of them now.
Some made a lot of money, sure. Many others didn't, and they're hurting in a lot of ways from playing a sport where hurt is a given.
Much like Mongo, they were only pawns in the game of the NFL.

#12925 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

It might make me sound insensitive, and believe me I wish these guys didn't have brain injuries like that, but is it really the leagues fault because nobody knew how intense the brain injuries could develop over time. Just seems odd to play and collect a pay cheque for how ever long and then whine like the NFL still owes you something. There is nothing to say these guys couldn't have handled their finances better or bowed out of football and stopped taking hits to the head. Obviously it is all in hindsight now but it is not like the NFL isn't taking steps to protect the players, I just don't get the self entitlement of retired players. Nor did I like his agents comments about the fans not caring, trying to blame the NFL is one thing but slandering the fans isn't going to get you anywhere especially when a majority of fans do know about when their ex-players aren't fairing well.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#12926 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Scheduale comes out in an hour

#12927 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Dallas are in seattle week 2!

#12928 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Pack are in Seattle week 3...

on a Monday. fml

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#12929 Redacted

Redacted

Comets Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Houston got screwed. (sad faec)
People talk about pressure like it's something negative. Pressure means your actions have meaning, that people care about whether you succeed or fail. Pressure is everything.

#12930 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Giants got another brutal 2nd half, arguably the hardest sched this year and last, hopefully we don't get the amount of injuries we had last year.

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.