The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

The Lions were absolutely robbed by the officials in that game. There's no way in hell that should have been called an incomplete pass. It was as if the moron they had at the broadcast centre wasn't even watching the replay, and then the booth review made the same bad conclusion. Catches the ball, both feet down, knee down. Only after he extends his arm and it hits the ground does the ball get released from the hand. The play by play guy had it exactly right in my opinion. Terrible call.

The Lions were absolutely robbed by the officials in that game. There's no way in hell that should have been called an incomplete pass. It was as if the moron they had at the broadcast centre wasn't even watching the replay, and then the booth review made the same bad conclusion. Catches the ball, both feet down, knee down. Only after he extends his arm and it hits the ground does the ball get released from the hand. The play by play guy had it exactly right in my opinion. Terrible call.

-Glad the Texans were able to beat the Colts

-Agree that the Lions got screwed out of a win

-Green Bay was unlucky when they knocked Kolb out, it would have been a blow out if he stayed in

-49ers got beat down today by the Seahawks

-Stupid play to end the half in the Cowboys/Redskins game

just my 2 cents :)

Glad to see Welker's knee is feeling completely fine, the two touchdowns will back me up. Although he did say after the game that the knee brace is interfering with his game, so can't wait to see him dancing and juking when that thing is finally off. Tom is, well, Tom the Terrific. Throwing the ball better than ever. Didn't have to do too much today thanks to the young D stepping up BIG time. Really great feeling knowing McCourty and Butler will be here for a long time (also talk to them on Twitter..pretty awesome chatting with two DB's from my fave team haha).

About the rookies: Aaron Hernandez is one of the best draft picks we've made in a while. This guy is only going to get better and already displayed he can run routes well and his tremendous speed and size go hand in hand. Dropped a couple balls which should have been caught but first NFL game jitters may have gotten to him. McCourty played great, thought he did a great job covering TO in his first ever NFL game. Got introduced to the NFL really quick seeing how Palmer went deep to TO right away and McCourty showed great ability sticking with him, getting his body turned and getting his arm up. Brandon Spikes, that kid can hit. Enough said. Great run reading ability.

Ninkovich and Gronkowski also looked promising. Going to be a great season .So happy NFL season is back. Stoked for the jets game next week, going to be a rough and tough game.

If anyone is disputing the refs decsion or blaming them, please stop. All they did was follow the rules given in front of them.

The problem with the play and subsuquent ruling is the RULE itself. The rule states that when a player comes to the ground he must retain possession. By the ball being released... he is not retaining possession.

I like CJ Spiller and everything; but I think we could have done with a QB, rather than ANOTHER running back.

Brohm I feel could be a good choice; he hasn't really been given the chance so far to prove himself. Fitz is an average QB at best and Edwards frustrates me purely because he's so hesitant to play anything deep.

Archived