The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

Here is the PS3/PSP news from E3 (stuff with a "*" is multiplatform)

MGS: Rising starring Raiden*

MGS: Peace Walker (PSP)

Original Resident Evil game (PSP)

LBP (PSP)

The Last Guardian (new Team ICO game)

The Agent (new Rockstar game set in the 1970's)

Final Fantasy XIV Online (PC as well)

God of War 3 releasing March 2010

Gran Turismo PSP (Fall 2009, 800 cars, 35 tracks, 60 variations)

FF7 released on PSN

50 more PS1 games on the way

Mod Nation Racers (Mario Kart meets LittleBigPlanet)

Dead to Rights 3*

Lost Planet 2 coming to PS3 (previously only announced for 360)

The one my friend made :)

BTW, if any of you guys have played the Driver series (Driver 1, Driver 2, Driv3r and Driver 4 'parallel lines')

a new release called, Driver: The Recruit, is being released something late this year or early next year. other than that, we don't know if either tanner or tk will be back..... or if they will team up.

Driver 5 will not be made by Atari. It is now Ubisoft stepping into the drivers seat. Reflections of course is also still working on the game.

Nope, Rising is for PS3/360/PC and stars Raiden. It is set between MGS2 and MGS4.

Peace Walker is for PSP and is a direct sequel to MGS3 with the player controlling Big Boss.

Rising is a spin-off of sorts, as Kojima is only producing the game but is not directly involved with it. It is being made by a different Konami team that is why it will be an action brawler like Ninja Gaiden or DMC. (Classified as "Lightning Bolt Action")

Peace Walker is being made by the MGS4 team and is being directed by Kojima, it's the game he wanted to make and will be the classic Tactical Stealth Action.

This is from an interview in the Japanese Magazine Famitsu

Kojima: This "R", is Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Hamamura: Ahahahaha.

Kojima: I won't say "please release this", but if it's going to be released I guess there's nothing I can do.

Hamamura: So you don't know at this point?

Kojima: Well It's not that I don't know, hahaha.

Hamamura: Ah, then you DO know.

Kojima, Well, I don't know, hahaha.

Hamamura: Which one is it, hahahaha. Even with that, this is going to make a big impact on people when this is announced.

Also, during the Sony E3 Conference, he emphasized (through a translator) that the PSP Game is the one he wants to make.

Finished inFAMOUS today. Probably spent 25 hours on it. All I gotta say is OMFGPLOTTWISTHOLYSH*T. I like how they reserved it until the very end too. Great story, great game, I'm playing it again already.

Finished inFAMOUS today. Probably spent 25 hours on it. All I gotta say is OMFGPLOTTWISTHOLYcrap. I like how they reserved it until the very end too. Great story, great game, I'm playing it again already.

I liked it. Maybe it's the fact I'm a total geek and read lots of comic books, even though they're all my friends (lol, he has like 10 new ones every time I go over) but I liked the story. It was very good for what the plot was. But the twist at the end was pretty crazy. I was sitting there for a couple minutes just thinking "WTF?" and going over the story in my head to make everything fit.

I = total geek.

I can get 2 games out of the following which ones should i get? MLB 09, Saints row 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe , Infamous, UFC 2009? And also at eb games do they accept trades for just the cd because i lost the cover?

I can get 2 games out of the following which ones should i get? MLB 09, Saints row 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe , Infamous, UFC 2009? And also at eb games do they accept trades for just the cd because i lost the cover?

1. It's still on PS3.

2. Hideo Kojima is not directly involved, there for it will suck.

3. It's not the MGS4 team, MGS:Rising is a brawler and not true MGS stealth-gameplay.

4. Kojima is working on the new MGS PSP game for us.

Playstation Win.

Still, not all 360 lovers are bad. But still, Playstation Win. :D

You haven't felt the dark side of the force youngling.........

and "for us" isn't you, that's PSP owners. A lot of people have PSP and 360s like myself

Also, Kojima hasn't let a Metal Gear other than the sh1tty NES ones be a bad one, he'll look over his baby and if the new Konami teams starts to frack it up he'll help fix it

Archived