The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

Which won't get used for the real games any time soon. All it will be used for is the Microsoft-developed crap just for it. Untill I can play Call of Duty with that, the technology has been around since the PS2 EyeToy. That, and Natal will probably cost as much as the console itself.

I will not be surprised if Natal is a massive bomb, it is super far away from release (they said late 2010 at the earliest) and a price estimate of $200 has been mentioned. If Microsoft wants this to work they're likely going to have to wait till the next gen of consoles. I don't find it coincidence that the whole Milo thing was a video, not a live demonstration.

Sony's Eyetoy with it's new Wand/Remote (which is due out Spring 2010) is likely to have much more success, since the Eyetoy already has integration into the fanbase. Also, they had an actual demonstration live with true 1:1 sensoring, in fact, it looked even better then Wii Motion+. The segment where the guy fought a bunch of skeletons with a sword, shield, ninja stars and a longbow was just awesome.

Archived