447 replies to this topic

#271 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

I hate that the season only goes to December, and then we have to wait 8 months for new episodes.

#272 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

I really wondered if they could have that great of a season this year after last season with Trinity (possibly the best season of TV in any genre in years).
But this year has held its own quite well.

I remember after the year with Jimmy Smits thinking "this show is going downhill fast" & was not too excited for the next season at the time, but wow, have they ever been able to put together some great storylines since.

If only they could cut down on the Quinn/Deb & Laguerta/Angel crap. I havent met a single person who cares about either of these couples.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#273 amkia

amkia

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

I really wondered if they could have that great of a season this year after last season with Trinity (possibly the best season of TV in any genre in years).
But this year has held its own quite well.

I remember after the year with Jimmy Smits thinking "this show is going downhill fast" & was not too excited for the next season at the time, but wow, have they ever been able to put together some great storylines since.

If only they could cut down on the Quinn/Deb & Laguerta/Angel crap. I havent met a single person who cares about either of these couples.

i dont mind the quinn/deb stuff because of quinn's early suspicions of dexter, but laguerta and angel are an annoying couple (especially laguerta).
Posted Image
credit goes to egatti

#274 canuckhound73

canuckhound73

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,179 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

i dont mind the quinn/deb stuff because of quinn's early suspicions of dexter, but laguerta and angel are an annoying couple (especially laguerta).

If we are ranking annoying couples.
Laguerta/Angel take 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
But I still am not a big fan of Quinn/Deb yet either.
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16
16 16 16 16

#275 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

If we are ranking annoying couples.
Laguerta/Angel take 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
But I still am not a big fan of Quinn/Deb yet either.

I'm hoping Deb gets killed off. I'm sick of her whinning/overacting/being a b*tch attitude.
Posted Image

#276 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

What I learned last episode.....

Posted Image > Posted Image
Posted Image

#277 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:29 AM

What I learned last episode.....

Posted Image > Posted Image

That was awesome, I hated that character........I'm betting Quinn gets tagged for that murder, from the drop of blood on his shoe, and it will come out that Quinn had hired, then threatened Liddy.

Could this be the season that Deb realizes the truth about Dexter? In the books, she finds out after the Ice Truck Killer scenario plays itself out. If she finds Lumen and pieces it all together, that could be the way it works out.

I can't believe there's only one episode left in the season. BOOOOO!

#278 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:03 AM

Dexter is my favorite show all-time. But I was kinda hoping this was the series finale and yesterday I learn they are coming back for season 6.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#279 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,645 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:07 AM

Just started watching the series. On episode 11 of the first season. What am addicting show.

#280 AL Nite Long

AL Nite Long

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:34 AM

Just started watching the series. On episode 11 of the first season. What am addicting show.

I envy you. So much more goodness to come!
Posted Image

#281 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

I envy you. So much more goodness to come!

Yup, though season 1 was, for me, the best.....or at least tied with last season. This season has been great, but I think it's a bit of a set-up season for next year, as there hasn't been as much action.......it's been much more cerebral.

#282 Burrows-Playoff-Beard

Burrows-Playoff-Beard

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

Not the greatest finale
But nice how everything wrapped up

I thought Lumen was going to jump off the boat or something the way those shots were framed.
I can't believe Deb came so close to figuring it out

Okay ep
But weak for a season finale

#283 MillerGenuineDraft

MillerGenuineDraft

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:36 AM

I really have to watch the series, I've read the book, it was really good. A lot of imagery.. but apparently the TV show is very good.
How many seasons is it in?
MILLERGENUINEDRAFT

#284 Burrows-Playoff-Beard

Burrows-Playoff-Beard

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:54 AM

I really have to watch the series, I've read the book, it was really good. A lot of imagery.. but apparently the TV show is very good.
How many seasons is it in?

5 or 6
The show is amazing
everyone kept saying how good it was
and then I was forced to watch an ep and I was hooked

#285 amkia

amkia

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

Not the greatest finale
But nice how everything wrapped up

I thought Lumen was going to jump off the boat or something the way those shots were framed.
I can't believe Deb came so close to figuring it out

Okay ep
But weak for a season finale

strangely, a part of me wanted deb to look past the curtains to find dexter and lumen. i guess it's because of the anticipation of what would happen next if she knew the truth. overall, i love this show because of all the suspenseful close calls dexter seems to have.
Posted Image
credit goes to egatti

#286 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

the season was good but it was a really disapointing finale.

SPOILERS

The killing of Chase i believe was very anti climactic. They've been building it up for several episodes and it just didnt really feel right. How was they blew off Quinn as the prime subject and I was kinda hoping Debb would find out(At the very end of the episode). Just because it would give some anticipation for next season. It kinda makes you wonder where they go from here. Whats the next challenge they face. It just came off as lazy writting imo. Last season finale was awesome though.

#287 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:44 AM

strangely, a part of me wanted deb to look past the curtains to find dexter and lumen. i guess it's because of the anticipation of what would happen next if she knew the truth. overall, i love this show because of all the suspenseful close calls dexter seems to have.

IN the book series (which the show is based on), Deb finds about Dexter's "Dark Passenger" at the end of the first book. I thought this was the season she'd find out on the show. DAMN!

I thought it was a quiet finale, but it was a quiet, albeit very good season, so it kind of fits. I knew he was going to clear Quinn, for Deb's sake, not Quinn's......totally in line with the character, as he'd do anything to see Deb happy.

Typical Dexter, he's the only only one who doesn't get what he wants.

I can't believe we have to wait 7 months for the next season.

#288 Iron_Gland

Iron_Gland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

Pretty disappointing finale. Couple things that I didn't like was how they pumped up how great Chase's security was and how he would be impossible to touch, but in the end he decided to go by himself into a vacant farm...perfect dexter killing grounds. I didn't expect a prison break-esque plan to break in and kill him from under the guards noses, but they pretty much completely changed what Chase was about from the first 12 episodes of the season.

I also didn't like how easilly Quinn got off...even with Dexter giving the wrong info about the blood. What about the phone calls? The finger prints on the van? Signing off on the equipment? The last threatening message? He was still the prime suspect but they just let it go. Weird poor writing for a show that otherwise doesn't make them.

#289 themcdeal

themcdeal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

^ basically sums up how i felt. It was a let down finale for what was a good season.

#290 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:43 AM

Pretty disappointing finale. Couple things that I didn't like was how they pumped up how great Chase's security was and how he would be impossible to touch, but in the end he decided to go by himself into a vacant farm...perfect dexter killing grounds. I didn't expect a prison break-esque plan to break in and kill him from under the guards noses, but they pretty much completely changed what Chase was about from the first 12 episodes of the season.

I also didn't like how easilly Quinn got off...even with Dexter giving the wrong info about the blood. What about the phone calls? The finger prints on the van? Signing off on the equipment? The last threatening message? He was still the prime suspect but they just let it go. Weird poor writing for a show that otherwise doesn't make them.

*Spoilers*!!

yep, a lot of plot holes in season 5. I believe there was a producer change, which may explain some of the poor writing and the direction it took. Julia Stiles? really??? gross.

Quinn definitely got off too easily. What ever happened to Jonah? Unless he decided to keep quiet to protect Kyle butler. The whole Trinity case/story seemed forgotten.

And they never explained the relationship between Chase and Emily.

Season 5 was alright. It had its moments. I'm just glad I don't have to watch Julia Stiles anymore.
Posted Image

#291 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

I think it was more of a conscious decision, on Chase's part, to bring it to a head......he was already wanted by the cops, killed Emily Birch, taken Lumen hostage, and he decided this was going to be a showdown with an adversary.....monster to monster. Having his security on him would have made them accessory to murder.

I think we'll see more on the Quinn storyline next season......then some questions will be answered about what went down. I think Quinn finds out what Dexter really is, and has to face a moral dilemma about what to do with Dex.

Itwas a much more predictable finale than season 5, but that one was pretty hard to top. A quiet, but satisfying finale, for a quiet, but good season.

#292 FinFan

FinFan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:59 PM

Yup, though season 1 was, for me, the best.....or at least tied with last season. This season has been great, but I think it's a bit of a set-up season for next year, as there hasn't been as much action.......it's been much more cerebral.

Seasons 1, 2 & 4 were great. 3 & 5 sucked. 5 was the worst of the bunch, I'm quickly losing interest in the series.

Edited by FinFan, 15 December 2010 - 03:02 PM.

#293 dbam09

dbam09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:09 PM

Seasons 1, 2 & 4 were great. 3 & 5 sucked. 5 was the worst of the bunch, I'm quickly losing interest in the series.

I'd definitely agree with your rankings, but will continue to watch BECAUSE of what you just wrote. They followed up a bit of a dissapointing season 3, with arguably the best season of the show (I still have a soft spot for the first season) last year. I'll wait AT LEAST till next season ends before I really pass judgement, because like others have said, this season felt like build up as much as anything else.

#294 BobbyBolivia

BobbyBolivia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

October 2nd ladies and gentlemen!

People on CDC make me feel better about myself...

Posted Image

credit to uɐpɹoɾ

"Iíma make you hate me cause you ainít me" - Rabbit Run

#295 Shaft

Shaft

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

October 2nd ladies and gentlemen!

http://youtu.be/RsvGslI_KcM

Can't wait. Really disliked season 5, hopefully this one is better!

Thanks for posting the link :)

#296 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

i watched this whole series in a span of 2 weeks. Don't know if I should be ashamed of that or not hahah. It's so addicting and I cannot wait for Oct!

Go Canucks Go

#297 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

season premiere.

Posted Image

#298 Jumpin Jack Flash

Jumpin Jack Flash

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

Season premiere was great! I'm really excited for this season now especially since last season wasn't the best. By far my favourite show on TV right now. Prefect blend of suspense and comedy.

#299 JAH

JAH

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,284 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Michael C. Hall was cast perfectly as Dexter. I love this show. People are fascinated by serial killers, but there's always the 'hate' aspect to them as, well, they're killing innocent people. With this show, you get the serial killer and the good guy, all in one.

Perfect. Best show on TV.
'It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.' - Muhammad Ali

#300 Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Don't.Mess.With.Kes<3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

such a good premiere

Go Canucks Go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.