447 replies to this topic

#151 Cytotoxin

Cytotoxin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,117 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 10:20 PM

i`ll have to watch this week`s episode. Hmmm.

I thought that last weeks episode was the finale. Guess not.

#152 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:23 AM

So the new season's on... been pretty good

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#153 Five For Fighting

Five For Fighting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:59 AM

It has been great. One of the better shows on TV.
Posted Image

#154 Lu0ngo4MVp

Lu0ngo4MVp

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

Dexter's Lab? I loved that show when I was a kid.

+10000

Why put my palm on my face, when I can have my palm on yours?

#155 Snugglebug

Snugglebug

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

its actually pretty awesome. but i wonder when hes gunna find the gonads to just tell his wife to stop harrassing him and none of the crap would have happened if she would just LET HIM SLEEP lol....this cant end well

Thanks to Goaltender_Interference for the sig

#156 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:12 AM

its actually pretty awesome. but i wonder when hes gunna find the gonads to just tell his wife to stop harrassing him and none of the crap would have happened if she would just LET HIM SLEEP lol....this cant end well

He needs his family and his wife so he can appear normal. Last night's episode was great, I thought, and I liked that he had an epiphany about his family. Not only does he need them, he wants them as well......not just the kids (kids are Dexter's soft spot), but Rita as well.

I am so glad that Jimmy Smits is no longer around, I hated that story line with Miguel. However, John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer is a welcome addition to the cast and the storyline.

#157 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:16 AM

Spoiler

Posted Image

#158 ro0

ro0

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:09 PM

Spoiler

Agreed. I just got caught all the way up and this season is great so far.
Spoiler

Is she a dress wearer or a pants wearer? Could you share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? Would an average size rowboat support her without capsizing?

#159 Callicles

Callicles

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

I still love this show, but it is losing a bit of what I thought made it so good. Dexter's introspective moments have always been the highlight of the show. They've provided some of the best food for thought and the best laughs. The voice-over is still there, but it's becoming less interesting. There's a lot of "I'm tired," "I want to kill something," "I don't have time to kill anything because I need to get diapers." The addition of the family, of course, makes the show better, and who knows maybe the slipping away of those sharp introspective moments was supposed to show the audience how Dex was slipping away a little. The first couple episodes of this season were a bit shaky (but when I've been waiting for months I guess it would be difficult for the show to live up to the expectation), but it is building. I think it'll turn out to be a really good season.

"The first man who, having enclosed a piece of land, thought of saying, This is mine, and found people simple enough to believe him, was the true founder of civil society."

#160 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

I still love this show, but it is losing a bit of what I thought made it so good. Dexter's introspective moments have always been the highlight of the show. They've provided some of the best food for thought and the best laughs. The voice-over is still there, but it's becoming less interesting. There's a lot of "I'm tired," "I want to kill something," "I don't have time to kill anything because I need to get diapers." The addition of the family, of course, makes the show better, and who knows maybe the slipping away of those sharp introspective moments was supposed to show the audience how Dex was slipping away a little. The first couple episodes of this season were a bit shaky (but when I've been waiting for months I guess it would be difficult for the show to live up to the expectation), but it is building. I think it'll turn out to be a really good season.

I think it slipped, for sure, last season. I am getting the old feeling back this season. The city of Miami can't be happy about the show as it's made out to be serial murderer capital of the universe.

#161 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:42 PM

Damn this weeks episode is on fire.

Posted Image

#162 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

Dexter is my favorite show ever. Haha its so good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#163 Auximenes

Auximenes

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,857 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:53 AM

starting this show now
looks great
Posted Image
The Russian Rocket - Vintage Canuck

#164 Paul van Dyk

Paul van Dyk

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

I'm going to try watching this, if I get the time. I just started watching Lost, very good show.
Posted Image

#165 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

starting this show now
looks great

Best made tv series so far. Every season gets tied up in a nice little bow. It's the only series I have ever seen that you actually feel satisfied when the season is over.

Season 3 lacked a bit, but over all it was still good. Season four felt like it was starting off badly. But all I can say is. Holy crap they totally redeemed themselves.

Posted Image

#166 bobb

bobb

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

I think it slipped, for sure, last season. I am getting the old feeling back this season. The city of Miami can't be happy about the show as it's made out to be serial murderer capital of the universe.

There is no more dangerous place on earth than Cabot Cove!!!! I think 96 out of every 1000 residents has murdered someone there! Okay, so it is just a fictional place from Murder She Wrote... But, still.

Tonight's show was the bomb. Anyone who watched will know why.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#167 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:05 AM

There is no more dangerous place on earth than Cabot Cove!!!! I think 96 out of every 1000 residents has murdered someone there! Okay, so it is just a fictional place from Murder She Wrote... But, still.

Tonight's show was the bomb. Anyone who watched will know why.

Yeah. Best episode of all four seasons. Been watching this every week since they first aired. No better show on tv.

Posted Image

#168 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:51 AM

I started watching Dexter online a couple of months ago and and am now just a few episodes behind but so far this has been a very good season. I really like Lithgow...the guy is a first rate actor. Season 3 wasn't the best but I still liked Smits and the season was a necessary transition year for Dex into being a family man...

I hope they do 10 seasons of this show!
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#169 The Alchemist

The Alchemist

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Best made tv series so far. Every season gets tied up in a nice little bow. It's the only series I have ever seen that you actually feel satisfied when the season is over.

Season 3 lacked a bit, but over all it was still good. Season four felt like it was starting off badly. But all I can say is. Holy crap they totally redeemed themselves.

woah calm down there. its a good show but it has some serious flaws. its basically carried by michael c hall.
Posted Image

#170 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:27 AM

woah calm down there. its a good show but it has some serious flaws. its basically carried by michael c hall.

Seeing as he's the main character. I think that's how it's supposed to be.

Posted Image

#171 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:37 AM

Seeing as he's the main character. I think that's how it's supposed to be.

No kidding, besides Mad Men, I don't think any show is even close to being as good as Dexter.

Posted Image

#172 The Alchemist

The Alchemist

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:04 AM

the side plot with batista and the captain is borderline unwatchable.

michael c hall is the only good actor on this show.
Posted Image

#173 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:34 AM

the side plot with batista and the captain is borderline unwatchable.

michael c hall is the only good actor on this show.

Yeah John Lithgow totally sucks. :)

Edited by Harbinger, 24 November 2009 - 02:44 AM.

Posted Image

#174 The Alchemist

The Alchemist

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

Yeah John Lithgow totally sucks. :)

I should have been clearer. He is not a regular cast member and I highly doubt he stays on past this season.

Most likely the writers will just have Dexter kill him off.

Like I said it's a good show but you kind of have to turn your brain off when you watch it, which is fine.
Posted Image

#175 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:03 AM

I should have been clearer. He is not a regular cast member and I highly doubt he stays on past this season.

Like I said it's a good show but you kind of have to turn your brain off when you watch it, which is fine.

I'm pretty sure that the whole point of watching tv is to escape from reality. The writing on the show is fantastic and always leaves you guessing. By the time you reach the end of the season, there are few questions unanswered. There is always a satisfaction that the season was worth watching because there is closure. I have yet to find any tv show I follow with more enthusiasm and look forward to more than this one. This is also my personal preference and opinion. No one is right or wrong here. It's just how I feel about it.

Posted Image

#176 MusclePrime

MusclePrime

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

Awesome episode. The end scene was probably one of the top 5 shockers I have ever seen.
Running and reading are the keys to life. Why running? When your running, theirs a little person that talks to you, oh im tired, my lungs are about to pop up and theirs no way I can keep going. If you learn how to defeat that person when your running, you will learn how to not quit when things get hard in your life. Why reading? There have been millions, and billions and gazillions of people that have lived before us. There is no new problem you can have with your parents, with school, with a bully with anything. Theirs no problem you can have that someone has already solved and wrote about it in a book.

#177 Biggles

Biggles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Just watched the latest episode, and that is the best episode of Dexter i've ever seen. I love the Lithgow and his family thing. Totally bizarre.
Posted Image

#178 hank4hire

hank4hire

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

Been watching since season 1, thanksgiving dinner episode had me saying HOLY SH1T!! The build up to this has taken a little bit but now that this seasons found it's stride, things will get intense. Can't wait for Sunday
Posted Image----------------- 33------------------ Posted Image

#179 Luongo77

Luongo77

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:15 AM

"That was for my windshield..."

Edited by Luongo77, 28 November 2009 - 09:16 AM.

#180 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:18 PM

Ya Think??!!! LOL
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.