Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Evans defeats Silva - KO Round 2

Daley defeats Hazelett - TKO Round 1

dos Santos defeats Yvel - KO Round 2

Stout defeats Lauzon - Decision

Miller defeats Ludwig - TKO Round 3

Didn't do bad on the prediction standpoint. Dos Santos unfortunately credited with the TKO, although I thought he knocked Yvel out with that left hook. Ditto Daley.

Good fights, lots of quick endings. I haven't seen a tap out due to strikes in a while, credit to Munoz.

KO of night - dos Santos

Submission of night - Cole Miller

Fight of the night - Stout/Lauzon

Lets see what UFC thinks.

I wouldn't call it cocky. I would call it desperate.

Thiago was clearly frustrated at that point. Rashad took a page from teammate GSP's playbook and just dominated the fight early on with takedowns. Only thing Thiago could do was wait it out, but he couldn't land much against Rashad standing up except at the end.

I scored it a 28-28 draw, but am pleased with Rashad having won. It wasn't an exciting performance, but it was impressive, and it got the job done, and probably a fight he needed. The last thing a former champ needs is to lose 2 coming off his title victory. Methinks he'll pull out more boxing in his next fight, now that he's secured himself in the contender position.

did daley make weight in the end or not? so much larger then hazelett.

edit: nevermind looked it up. sucks for hazelett. daley probably shouldn't be in 170. must have been close to 185 if not larger going into the fight. meanwhile, hazelett is a natural 168 i'd assume?

Edited by NoShowWilly

did daley make weight in the end or not? so much larger then hazelett.

He was 172, but Hazelett accepted the fight. 172 is pretty inconsequential, as most fighters are about 10-15 lbs over the limit when it comes time to fight anyway, and they allow up to 1.5 lbs over the weight limit.

KO of night - dos Santos

Submission of night - Cole Miller

Fight of the night - Stout/Lauzon

Was almost right. KO of the night given to Paul Daley and not dos Santos.

I disagree with the decision. Daley caught Hazelett with a strong left hook, but dos Santos was absolutely controlling that fight and then finally dropped Yvel.

I guess that Harbinger may have to rethink his stance about UFC heavyweights after that dominant performance. First Cro Cop, now Yvel.

Unfortunately, with 5 solid HWs in the UFC not counting Lesnar, that leaves him as the odd-man out, and he'll be without a fight for a while. Cain vs. Minotauro. Mir vs. Carwin. dos Santos vs... ???

Was almost right. KO of the night given to Paul Daley and not dos Santos.

I disagree with the decision. Daley caught Hazelett with a strong left hook, but dos Santos was absolutely controlling that fight and then finally dropped Yvel.

I guess that Harbinger may have to rethink his stance about UFC heavyweights after that dominant performance. First Cro Cop, now Yvel.

Unfortunately, with 5 solid HWs in the UFC not counting Lesnar, that leaves him as the odd-man out, and he'll be without a fight for a while. Cain vs. Minotauro. Mir vs. Carwin. dos Santos vs... ???

There's nothing I have to rethink after these fights. Yvel is a kick boxer and is known as a gate keeper. There is a reason his highlights are all knees. It's because he was a k-1 fighter. That isn't to say that I don't like some of the guys coming up in the heavyweights in the ufc. The guys you mentioned are going to be some good fighters Solid even. But there's a lot of good fighters out there still.

I don't mind the ufc. I don't mind the fighters in the ufc. I just don't care for the douchebag minority owner/ head of the promotion. Find his video blog from before the fights tonight and tell me that you have any respect for the guy at all.

Edited by Harbinger

I don't mind the ufc. I don't mind the fighters in the ufc. I just don't care for the douchebag minority owner/ head of the promotion. Find his video blog from before the fights tonight and tell me that you have any respect for the guy at all.

But he sure gets the UFC name out there. Dana white's name is almost synonymous with UFC, and he only needs to make a comment about anything to get people thinking UFC.

But he sure gets the UFC name out there. Dana white's name is almost synonymous with UFC, and he only needs to make a comment about anything to get people thinking UFC.

The guy is amazing at promoting. I'm not taking anything away from him there. The problem is he's actually bigger than any of the fighters.