The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

i'd give you the middle finger too for being a female dog

Yeah... word, dawg. :rolleyes:

Brock obviously was fired up after the win and the emotions got the better of him. It must suck getting booed no matter what you do in the octogan as well. But regardless of emotion, you CAN'T finger the crowd like that. He needs to lose the WWE heel mentality, or he'll be hated forever.

And honestly, Cain is the only guy in the UFC that I think has a chance of beating Brock. Well, then there's Fedor....

Yeah... word, dawg. :rolleyes:

Brock obviously was fired up after the win and the emotions got the better of him. It must suck getting booed no matter what you do in the octogan as well. But regardless of emotion, you CAN'T finger the crowd like that. He needs to lose the WWE heel mentality, or he'll be hated forever.

And honestly, Cain is the only guy in the UFC that I think has a chance of beating Brock. Well, then there's Fedor....

After the Kongo fight, I wonder if Cain can stand up to a punch from Brock. His chin was exposed against Kongo as he got rocked every second that fight was on it's feet and I don't think Cain will be able to take down Lesnar as easily as he did Kongo.

Now, Lesnar has only been punched a couple of times, really, Randy cut him and Frank landed a couple, so we don't know his chin, but with his huge neck you have to assume he has a solid chin if for no other reason it looks like his face/neck is built to abosrb a lot of shock. That being said, Cain has shown some good standup, and I think his best bet would be to leg kick the crap out of Lesnar, but Lesnar is so quick and is himself a great wrestler, it could very well end up being another fight where Lesnar decides to end the fight whenever he wants on the ground.

Edited by Kid_Roll

After the Kongo fight, I wonder if Cain can stand up to a punch from Brock. His chin was exposed against Kongo as he got rocked every second that fight was on it's feet and I don't think Cain will be able to take down Lesnar as easily as he did Kongo.

Now, Lesnar has only been punched a couple of times, really, Randy cut him and Frank landed a couple, so we don't know his chin, but with his huge neck you have to assume he has a solid chin if for no other reason it looks like his face/neck is built to abosrb a lot of shock. That being said, Cain has shown some good standup, and I think his best bet would be to leg kick the crap out of Lesnar, but Lesnar is so quick and is himself a great wrestler, it could very well end up being another fight where Lesnar decides to end the fight whenever he wants on the ground.

I agree witht hat assessment completely. I'm not sure why Lesnar doesn't get the respect he deserves for his quickness and wrestling skills. He's made out to be a freak who just jumps on you and lays on top of you and punches. Watching him the other night it was amazing to watch how fast his ground transitions were. Mir was never able to get anything going because Lesnar was on one side, then the other, and Mir had no chance to catch him in a submission. His game still needs a lot of work in many areas, but he's almost unstoppable now, I can't imagine when he develops other parts of his game.

Lesnar's chin hasn't really been tested, I'm looking forward to the inevitable Lesnar vs. Carwin title-fight. If anyone can knock Lesnar out, it's Carwin.

Because no one has been able to stand up with him and trade blows. I don't know why but I think someone like Arlovski would be a really good match up against Brock. But he doesn't have a strong chin.

Edited by theboss-

I agree that avoiding a takedown is critical to neutralizing Lesnar but sprawl like alves? GSP was successfully shooting at will

I had Akiyama winning 2 rounds so imo i don't think Belcher got fleeced

I concur. At the bar I was at we were all amazed Akiyama didn't win unanimous, I was thinking 30-27 Akiyama, with maybe one close round that could've gone either way, but certainly not 2 for Belcher.

I also wonder how much Akiyama's balls were bugging him throughout this fight.

I concur. At the bar I was at we were all amazed Akiyama didn't win unanimous, I was thinking 30-27 Akiyama, with maybe one close round that could've gone either way, but certainly not 2 for Belcher.

I also wonder how much Akiyama's balls were bugging him throughout this fight.

I agree as well, I was stunned when they were saying Belcher got ripped off. I saw a clear win for each of them and a close deciding round that I thought Akiyama slightly won. It was a good decision IMO.

I agree as well, I was stunned when they were saying Belcher got ripped off. I saw a clear win for each of them and a close deciding round that I thought Akiyama slightly won. It was a good decision IMO.

it was amazing how much bigger Belcher looked than Akiyama. He looked like he had 40lbs on him. I'd love to see Akiyama fight someone closer to his size, he has some nice striking. I still think the fix was in though, they wanted Akiyama to win, the guy is huge in Japan (says Joe Rogan).

it was amazing how much bigger Belcher looked than Akiyama. He looked like he had 40lbs on him. I'd love to see Akiyama fight someone closer to his size, he has some nice striking. I still think the fix was in though, they wanted Akiyama to win, the guy is huge in Japan (says Joe Rogan).

Why? Akiyama was definitely better. The fight itself may have been a fix (ie: feed Akiyama someone beatable for his first UFC fight, though to his credit Belcher held his own), but the decision was the correct one.

I don't get why people are calling that last hit by Hendo cheap. The ref didn't come in to stop it. And plus that first punch could've just dazed him and he could've gotten up.

It wasn't that cheap until Henderson said he knew that Bisping was out after the first strike and he threw the second one as a statement. If there was a theme to UFC 100, it was animosity.

Bisping deserved that second blow as much as he deserved the first blow.

Good on Hendo.

he did defintly deserve it but i'll say this ufc needs to stop that. everyone who hates ufc who seen that went ballistic and they have a point that it was totally unnecessary. if the ref sees the dudes out on the ground they should stop it. sumone could get killed from a punch that. theres only been 2 deaths on mma but thats a good way fro number 3 to happen.