The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I'll be in Anaheim the week of Affliction. Should I go? I'd love to see Fedor live but it's a toss up between Affliction and Universal Studios. The fan in me says Affliction but my family says Universal. What should I do?

Universal's worth a look but it'll always be there, where's Fedor's not going to fight forever, I'd try to see the fight if I could.

I'll be in Anaheim the week of Affliction. Should I go? I'd love to see Fedor live but it's a toss up between Affliction and Universal Studios. The fan in me says Affliction but my family says Universal. What should I do?

Send the family to universal and you go to the Affliction event. Universal studios will always be there but affliction on the other hand.......

Ive been to Univeral Studios, and yeah its great. I would much rather see Fedor fight though. US will be there for who knows how long.

Obviously the family would rather see US than a fight. :D

SOME OF YOU JUST DONT GET IT!

When you steal these PPV events you steal from the fighters. You especially steal from the lower card fighters and the guys trying their bums off to make a name for themselves. The lower level fighters dont make enough money and you are stealing from them. As a true fan I will continue to pay for the events. Watching online is theft and I understand it is tempting and not all of you can afford the 50$ but you need to look at it from a fighters point of view to. The lower card guys get the shaft when you steal the events online. They need to make money to. TRUE FANS PAY TO WATCH.

and hey Chelsea FC, bars pay the UFC money, next time think before you post chum.

SOME OF YOU JUST DONT GET IT!

When you steal these PPV events you steal from the fighters. You especially steal from the lower card fighters and the guys trying their bums off to make a name for themselves. The lower level fighters dont make enough money and you are stealing from them. As a true fan I will continue to pay for the events. Watching online is theft and I understand it is tempting and not all of you can afford the 50$ but you need to look at it from a fighters point of view to. The lower card guys get the shaft when you steal the events online. They need to make money to. TRUE FANS PAY TO WATCH.

and hey Chelsea FC, bars pay the UFC money, next time think before you post chum.

Please die.

Does anyone else think the main event of UFC 103, Mike Swick vs Martin Kampmann is a bit underwelming? Sure both fighters are on good runs but their victories are mostly against average talent with the exception of Swick beating Marcus Davis and Kampmann defeating Leites.

Compare that to the UFC 101 main event of Penn vs Kenflo and the undercard of Silva vs Griffin! (although i'm pretty sure they'll call this one a co-main event) which could very easily headline it's own event. I'll be watching 103 regardless but i'm hoping they add a more intriguing big name main event.

Does anyone else think the main event of UFC 103, Mike Swick vs Martin Kampmann is a bit underwelming? Sure both fighters are on good runs but their victories are mostly against average talent with the exception of Swick beating Marcus Davis and Kampmann defeating Leites.

Compare that to the UFC 101 main event of Penn vs Kenflo and the undercard of Silva vs Griffin! (although i'm pretty sure they'll call this one a co-main event) which could very easily headline it's own event. I'll be watching 103 regardless but i'm hoping they add a more intriguing big name main event.

That whole rant and i just find out they added Franklin vs Henderson II today to UFC 103, also the return of cro-cop taking on Junior Dos Santos

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=HomePage.BuildHP

Every time I see your sig I get even more pumped for 101. Can't wait to see Amir's debut!

Hell yeah! Assuming he doesn't get injured again first :P My only worry is that after this long wait he's gonna sh1t the bed and I'll get to spend the next few months defending the sig :lol:

UFC 103 is looking pretty stacked. After seeing Hendo's vicious power back, I feel sorry Rich. Twinkle Toes Trigg is back too! Assuming they keep 6 fights on the main card(like UFC 99), I'm a little disappointed that Griffin vs. Franca will take the place of either Crocop vs. Dos Santos or McFedries vs. Drwal. Both those fights are nearly guaranteed to be knockout finishes while Griffin/Franca presents most likely a boring decision.