The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

I'd like to see the UFC take some of their healthy profits and use them to underwrite some kind of fighter development program, start training fighters when they're young enough so that all aspects of the game come naturally instead of having grapplers learn to strike or strikers to grapple all of a sudden in their '20s. Upping the purses would no doubt help raise fighter quality as well, today's UFC purses are about the same in dollar figures as those of boxing in the 1950s, without taking 60 years of inflation into account.

Fedor Emelinanko’s agent is once again in talks with the UFC.

It's a years-old discussion, and one that is at times maddening.

Widely regarded as the world's top heavyweight fighter, Fedor Emelinanko has proven to be the one commodity the UFC hasn't been able to land, and the strained relations between UFC president Dana White and the Russian's management have often been anything but amicable.

But with the collapse of Emelianenko's recent fighting home, Affliction Entertainment, his manager, Vadim Finkelchtein, says negotiations with the UFC are again underway.

"This the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about," Finkelchtein stated in a recent release issued by his company, M-1 Global. "Fedor and I are here in the States. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15640/fedor-emel...s-are-right.mma

It’s likely only a matter of time until we hear of a deal being reached.

Great, Fedor still had 1 fight on his contract, Affliction retains his rights.

Btw, If Fedor ends up with the Ufc I want to see:

Couture vs Fedor

Vasquez vs Fedor

then

Brock vs Fedor

Make that son b*tch earn it.

You're joking right? Fedor has earned it much more than all of those guys, especially Lesnar.

Apparently they may call off the Hendo/Rich rematch!! Awesome if that happens. There's a slight possibilty of having Tito vs Rich and possibly Hendo vs Belfort.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/07/25/ort...ck-for-ufc-103/

I'd love to see that fight:) Though I'd love even more seeing Tito vs Henderson :P

Everybody hates Tito so much, but honestly...the UFC has gotten boring with only one super ego in it.

Great, Fedor still had 1 fight on his contract, Affliction retains his rights.

Btw, If Fedor ends up with the Ufc I want to see:

Couture vs Fedor

Vasquez vs Fedor

then

Brock vs Fedor

Make that son b*tch earn it.

Couture is old and should retire.

Velasquez not Vasquez will get his donkey handed to him by Carwin.

And finally Brock is overrated.

You're kidding right? Earn it? He's done everything and beyond to deserve a title shot.

I just personally think he needs one warm up match in the Octagon.

I laugh you call him a little b***, you're one of those clueless bandwagon Lesnar fans right??

Question: Why isn't Cung Le in the UFC?

Mostly because he is too interested in making his "films" and the UFC won't allow him a a free enough schedule to do so. That and as fun as he is to watch, he really would be a medium fish in a big pond compared to his occasional *star* performances.

This should be called the MMA thread, anways I really hope the Hendo v Rich II fights at ufc 103 gets called off, im not a fan of quick rematches but thats just my opnion, Tito against either would be great. It'd be great to get some of the affliction contracts into the UFC, get some depth for the heavyweight division, hopefully it will happen at the press conference on july 31st! (fingers crossed). BTW anyone hear of wandy against bisping for ufc 105?

Velasquez not Vasquez will get his donkey handed to him by Carwin.

I 100% disagree with ya on that one. As long as he can avoid Carwin's punches like he didn't with Kongo's.

BTW anyone hear of wandy against bisping for ufc 105?

Sure did. And smething tells me Bisping will win a decision over Wandy. I honestly think that Wandy has ZERO game plan going into fights anymore and just fights with his heart and for the fans..... not smart. But of course I hope Wandy "Hendo" punches him.

Exactly.

His stand up game or lack of it got exposed in that Kongo fight.

One 5XL punch and bedtime for Velasquez.

Heh heh.... 5XL.

Regardless, should be a great fight. I'm a big fan of Cain so hopefully he learned from his fight with Kongo and can keep his chin down. Once he gets Carwin to the ground, it's over.

Heh heh.... 5XL.

Regardless, should be a great fight. I'm a big fan of Cain so hopefully he learned from his fight with Kongo and can keep his chin down. Once he gets Carwin to the ground, it's over.

Yup, 5XL. The same as my condom size.

5XL Magnum. I grew up on the dairy like that. :rolleyes: