The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

There was no reason for him to use steroids in the WWF

All he had to do was maintain the body he had created during his time as a division 1 wrestler.

And comparing division 1 wrestling, which is for the best of the best, to highschool wrestling is a slap in the face to division 1 wrestlers. I can gaurantee he wasn't using steroids when he was in world championships, taking on the best wrestlers in the world, and practicing on the olympic team.

Its crazy how Fedor fans will do anything to dis credit Lesnar

Because your anonymous internet forum guarantee counts for something. Barry Bonds was clean too. Right up until they new what they were looking for and retested his old samples. Oops. turned out he was using.

All he had to do was maintain the body he had created during his time as a division 1 wrestler.

And comparing division 1 wrestling, which is for the best of the best, to highschool wrestling is a slap in the face to division 1 wrestlers. I can gaurantee he wasn't using steroids when he was in world championships, taking on the best wrestlers in the world, and practicing on the olympic team.

All you need to discredit Lesnar from the claims of being the best in the world is this: 4-1.

When it comes to discrediting dimwits who actually think he's the best in the world, that's a different beast altogether.

Are you mentally retarded? That was a serious question.

Saying Lesnar is not on roids is the equivalent to saying all Ronnie Coleman did was go to the gym everyday to get the body he has.

That's completely horseshet.

If you knew anything and actually took time to do some research, you would realize collegiate steroid use is about as common as swine flu in BC.

Did you not see the before any after pictures?

Lesnar was on ROIDS in the WWE. Period.

He and many other wrestlers not only did it for the muscle gain but they also had to be on the road over 330 days a year. It takes a toll on your body and they use steroids to help them heal faster.

Fact.

Another fact is you are borderline mentally ill because If you seriously think we're saying Lesnar uses roids because we're "Fedor Fans".

No. Lesnar is a tool. He is overrated, all he does is lay and pray.

Lesnar doesn't stand a chance against Carwin let alone Fedor.

All this complete crap you've been saying is irrelevant because you're nothing but a UFC bandwagon fan that wears Tapout thinking he's tough.

You're a complete joke.

Because your anonymous internet forum guarantee counts for something. Barry Bonds was clean too. Right up until they new what they were looking for and retested his old samples. Oops. turned out he was using.

lol @ bringing up Barry Bonds

My anonymous internet forum gaurantee is worth as much as your claims that Lesnar used steroids

It's on you to prove he did it. I want proof

lol @ bringing up Barry Bonds

My anonymous internet forum gaurantee is worth as much as your claims that Lesnar used steroids

It's on you to prove he did it. I want proof

Proof is irrelevant as much as this conversation is about common sense.

This guy has never been proven of using steroids.

coleman.jpg

Try and use your brain and tell me he did this using legit methods.

lesnarmir9877918.jpg

Took me all of 3 seconds to find a picture of Lesnar tapping out. Now it's your turn to find one of Fedor tapping.

Go.

Give Lesnar props.. he went straight from 1 MMA fight to fighting in the UFC against one of the better technical heavyweights.

We will never see Fedor vs Lesnar so don't even bother starting the debate on who's better.

You may never see Lesnar fighting anyone again... :blink:

Brock Lesnar is so sick, he'll be going to the Mayo Clinic so doctors can figure out what to do -- but it will probably require major surgery ... UFC Prez Dana White tells TMZ.

White tells us Lesnar -- the UFC heavyweight champ -- is "very, very sick" with some sort of intestinal disorder, although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require "major surgery."

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White says Lesnar -- formerly of the WWE -- was diagnosed with mono more than a week ago and was "bummed out" that he had to cancel the fight and went to Canada to rest. White says Lesnar collapsed in Canada a week ago today and has been hospitalized ever since.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0X2xkVFJf

Crazy stuff.

Fedor needs to take on the best to be considered the best. If he keeps fighting with Strikeforce, unless they improve their standing and sign some top heavyweights, that won't happen.

Crazy about Lesnar though, that sucks, because Carwin is still without a fight and he's pretty much taken on all-comers. Velasquez has a fight. Dos Santos has a fight. He could still go with Minotauro, but I think it's better to showcase the younger heavyweight fighters.

Fedor needs to take on the best to be considered the best. If he keeps fighting with Strikeforce, unless they improve their standing and sign some top heavyweights, that won't happen.

Crazy about Lesnar though, that sucks, because Carwin is still without a fight and he's pretty much taken on all-comers. Velasquez has a fight. Dos Santos has a fight. He could still go with Minotauro, but I think it's better to showcase the younger heavyweight fighters.

Strikeforce's heavyweight pool is no worse than the UFC's IMO, and he has as many wins vs top UFC heavyweight names as Lesnar has fights.

Does every Lesnar debate need to turn into a pissing contest?

Look, I'm not a big fan of Brock Lesnar the Mixed Martial Artist, but the guy is an amazing athlete, and I would love to see an opposing argument against it.

Just like every Crosby/Ovechkin thread, every Lesnar/Fedor thread will turn into a pissing match due to the idiocity of some. People don't seem to understand that acknowledgement of the ability of one fighter does not detract from the ability of another fighter. It is OK to have a preference, it is not OK to be so biased as to believe that one person is inadequate, the other a God.

The mystery illness plaguing UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar now has a name.

UFC president Dana White today told the Associated Press that Lesnar is currently suffering from a bacterial infection in his intestinal track in addition to the mononucleosis that has recently plagued him

White shared with a small group of reporters at this past Saturday's post-UFC 105 press conference that Lesnar would be out indefinitely due to the issues.

"I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy," White said on Saturday. "He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16874/report-ufc-champ-brock-lesnar-suffering-bacterial-infection-in-intestines.mma

I'm not even going to pretend to know how good or bad that update is. (compared to what we first heard a couple days ago about it being career threatening)

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16874/report-ufc-champ-brock-lesnar-suffering-bacterial-infection-in-intestines.mma

I'm not even going to pretend to know how good or bad that update is. (compared to what we first heard a couple days ago about it being career threatening)

Wow, I hope the guy gets well soon.

Carwin has undergone knee surgery after Lesnar had to withdraw from the fight, and Minotauro is out for a while with a bad staph infection.

The HW division is pretty thin at the moment.