The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Not counting Fedor, the UFC still has the best active HW division in the game, injuries and all.

Which isn't a point plus for Mr White, just a sad comment on the amount of decent 225+ fighters out there.

Not counting Fedor, the UFC still has the best active HW division in the game, injuries and all.

Which isn't a point plus for Mr White, just a sad comment on the amount of decent 225+ fighters out there.

I'm going to have to disagree on this as of right now. They literally have no one left. Everyone is out. Strikeforce's last card had more heavyweights on it than the UFC has left that are worth anything. Just because the UFC lets fighters go doesn't mean they are suddenly crappy fighters. There are tons of heavyweight fighters that are worth something out there. They just aren't in the UFC.

A

David Abbott

Mustapha al Turk

Mustapha Al-Turk

Jimmy Ambriz

Andrei Arlovski

B

Josh Barnett

Pat Barry

Robert Berry

Rob Broughton

Mark Buchanan

Paul Buentello

Geoff Bumstead

Mark Burch

C

Paul Cahoon

Bo Cantrell

Shane Carwin

Patrick Castillo

George Castro

Rafael Cavalcante

Hong Man Choi

Mu Bae Choi

Mike Ciesnolevicz

Wayne Cole

Mark Coleman

Mike Cook

Dewey Cooper

Randy Couture

Marcio Cruz

D

Richard Dalton

Yang Dong Yi

Junior Dos Santos

John Doyle

Edson Drago

E

Justin Eilers

Aleksander Emelianenko

Fedor Emelianenko

Dan Evensen

F

Rafael Feijao

Kevin Ferguson

Mirko Filipovic

Julius Francis

Ian Freeman

Don Frye

Kazuyuki Fujita

G

Travis Galbraith

Gabriel Gonzaga

Gary Goodridge

Chase Gormley

Roger Gracie

Rolles Gracie

Peter Graham

Neil Grove

H

Antoni Hardonk

Lee Hasdell

Carlton Haselrig

Josh Hendricks

Heath Herring

Sam Holloway

Justin Howard

Mark Hunt

Lee Tae Hyun

I

Brad Imes

J

Antoine Jaoude

Scott Junk

K

Ralph Kelly

Sergei Kharitonov

Cheick Kongo

Piotr Kusmierz

L

Jerome LeBanner

Brock Lesnar

M

Jay McCown

Justin McCully

James McSweeney

Frank Mir

Tatsuya Mizuno

Jeff Monson

Carlos Moreno

Brad Morris

Jon Murphy

N

Yoshihiro Nakao

Pawel Nastula

Roy Nelson

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

O

Jake O'Brien

Dominic Ostich

Shane Ott

Alistair Overeem

Valentijn Overeem

P

Robert Paczkow

Soa Palelei

Daniel Puder

R

Popek Rak

Alexandre Ribeiro

Pedro Rizzo

Colin Robinson

Ricco Rodriguez

Brett Rogers

Ben Rothwell

Robert Ruiz

Mike Russow

S

Eddie Sanchez

Evangelista Santos

Ivan Serati

Carl Seumanutafa

Ken Shamrock

Kiril Sidelnikov

Antonio Silva

Assuerio Silva

Kevin Simms

Adam Smith

Maurice Smith

Krzysztof Soszynski

Dennis Stojnioc

Stefan Struve

Takashi Sugiura

Tim Sylvia

T

Kazuo Takahashi

Makoto Takimoto

Tengiz Tedoradze

James Thompson

Matt Thompson

Gary Turner

V

Cain Velasquez

Brandon Vera

Bryan Vetell

W

Neil Wain

Roman Webber

Christian Wellisch

Fabricio Werdum

Mike Wessel

Jay White

Jonathan Wiezorek

Travis Wiuff

Y

Yoshihisa Yamamoto

Jim York

Hidehiko Yoshida

Gilbert Yvel

Z

Roman Zentsov

Edited by Harbinger

someone mentioned this pages back but I hate how on every preview of the next ultimate fighter they always throw Kimbo in there...

Well that was the whole big draw to this season. So why wouldn't they hype it up to get more viewers?

Either way, he's confirmed to be fighting in the finale anyway.

I'm going to have to disagree on this as of right now. They literally have no one left. Everyone is out. Strikeforce's last card had more heavyweights on it than the UFC has left that are worth anything. Just because the UFC lets fighters go doesn't mean they are suddenly crappy fighters. There are tons of heavyweight fighters that are worth something out there. They just aren't in the UFC.

There is a lot of hw's out there, and I'll admit I don't have a huge knowledge of them all.

I guess I just haven't seen many impressive looking HW's in a while that aren't in the UFC, some names excluded obviously. And I agree with you on the point that the UFC terminating a contract doesn't mean the fighter is instantly garbage.

There is a lot of hw's out there, and I'll admit I don't have a huge knowledge of them all.

I guess I just haven't seen many impressive looking HW's in a while that aren't in the UFC, some names excluded obviously. And I agree with you on the point that the UFC terminating a contract doesn't mean the fighter is instantly garbage.

I'll give credit where credit is due. Dana White has managed to grab up a lot of good fighters. But he's also managed to minimize anyone else out there that isn't under his umbrella. For the UFC this is good management. But for fighters and for MMA as a whole, It's not so good.

Dana has also managed to get regulation in many places. Like Massachusets.

I personally enjoyed watching fights more where when the guy was down you still could knee and kick them in the head. I'm not one to care where the fights were being held but rather what was going on in them.

Here's a little shogun treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3Ic7IDofw

Edited by Harbinger

Impressive, Schaub knocks out Big Marcus in just one round.

Doctor Belly makes it to the final also.

Schaub's my pick to win it. He actually has cardio..

How do you know this? Only one episode leaked. Or are you just making guesses? I am confused.

thanks, now there is really no point to watch it now

titties knocked out big marcus??

... unbelievable

I personally enjoyed watching fights more where when the guy was down you still could knee and kick them in the head. I'm not one to care where the fights were being held but rather what was going on in them.

Here's a little shogun treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI3Ic7IDofw

The more regulation, the likelier younger players can get into the sport, the better fighters will be produced in the long run.

I'm holding out for MMA to be competed at the university level.

Dipcrap over here has no idea what hes talking about unless he somehow managed to watch next weeks episode. None of that stuff happened in the episode the other guy posted.

Edited by MusclePrime

Dipcrap over here has no idea what hes talking about unless he somehow managed to watch next weeks episode. None of that stuff happened in the episode the other guy posted.

I do know what I'm talking about and I have my sources. I've seen not only next weeks episode but the one after as well.

Believe it or not, it's a fact.

The more regulation, the likelier younger players can get into the sport, the better fighters will be produced in the long run.

I'm holding out for MMA to be competed at the university level.

I understand why you might like it that way and see why you may hope for that. I just don't agree that regulation is a good thing when trying to find out who the best "Fighter" is. When a guy gets into the North South position in a real fight. That fight is pretty much done with. With regulation that has completely been lost. If a puncher gets caught on the ground all he has to do is hold on and he is literally given a chance to get on his feet by the ref. These things are not what fighting is about. They are the antithesis of finding out who is actually the best fighter. Even 5 minute rounds is a cop out. Too often fight outcomes are more about getting to the end of the round than actually trying to do any fighting. Like I said earlier. I would be fine with less fights as long as the product wasn't so watered down for mass public appeal.

I'm a purist and I look back on the late 90's to mid 2000's as the heyday of the good fights. It's been a slow decline in the quality of fights that are being shown now. That can be attributed to both regulation to garner acceptance as well as the loss of any real promotional competition for the UFC.