The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Look at before and after pictures on Google.....

You can't get that big in that little time naturally, I wouldn't think. laugh.gif

although its possibe he did he also

-has killer genetics

-trained with olympic powerlifters

-had 5 years to put on 35lb of muscle

so i dont know why its so hard for people to believe.

Also i scored that fight for condit 3-2, suprisingly alot of pro fighters scored that fighter in diaz's favour. Don't blame him for being upset though.

Diaz tests positive for marijuana

By DAVE DEIBERT, Postmedia News; Saskatoon StarPhoenix February 10, 2012

Any talk of a dream fight against Georges St-Pierre or a rematch against Carlos Condit is on hold for Ultimate Fighting Championship star Nick Diaz after the Stockton, Calif., native tested positive for marijuana metabolites.

The welterweight star, who after more than a decade in the fight game has reached the top of the UFC food chain in recent months, failed a drug screening taken for his main event against Condit at the Feb. 4 pay-per-view in Las Vegas. The result was confirmed Thursday by Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

"All results received thus far have been negative, except Mr. Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites," Kizer said in an email, noting that 18 of the competitors on the card were drug-tested.

"A complaint for disciplinary action against Mr. Diaz has been filed."

It is the second time Diaz has failed a drug test. In 2007, while competing for Pride Fighting Championships, a win over Takanori Gomi in Las Vegas was changed to a no-contest after his test failure. According to the NSAC, at the time Diaz tested nearly three times over the allowable limit for THC, the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis. He was suspended for six months and fined 20 per cent of his purse.

Diaz has polarized the mixed martial arts world. Love him or hate him, though, what you see is what you get.

Edited by zero-ONE-three

The mma scoring system needs to be updated and learn from the past at the same time. Take-downs and lying on top of somebody, dropping down baby punches and elbows is not winning a fight. They should use the yellow-card rule as they used in pride. You can't just lay on somebody or you get yellow-carded.

Nick Diaz tells it how it is.

pred fan here, but saw this thread and thought some of you might know my son Shane Primm. was on season 8 of the Ultimate fighter (Ryan Bader's season) and wound up having 4 UFC fights as a light heavy. 'retired' with an overall 16-5 record (counting his amateur fights) after he broke his hand for the second time. he's an army special forces guy now (i'm an old army airborne ranger). used to have several Vancouver guys that followed him around to several fights, a good group of guys.

• Upvote 2