The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Glad I didn't watch it.

When I looked at the card a few weeks ago it wasn't one I was excited for. I didn't even care for the Faber fight.

Shogun/Vera looks promising. Lots of guys on there who I'm a fan of. I'd like to see Machida get back up the rankings, although Jones will probably take care of him like he did before.

Why is Chael ranked #2 among MW?

UFC is suppose to be the best of the best, correct? I checked his record in the UFC and he's 1 fight above .500. And people break GSP's balls for being a 'boring' fighter by not finishing his fights. 4 of his last 5 fights that Chael has won have been by UD. Seems like people are just picking favorites here.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. Fun fact:

UFC fighters are 0-19 when walking out to one of Eminen's songs.

The hell you talking about? Lets see a source or are you just talking out of your ass? It's actually 4-14, here is the source http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/eminem-curse-ufc-entrance-music-notes-2103551/ Not that it is a good record but i'm curious where you pulled 0 and 19 from? I'm thinking you're just a hater.. and yeah it's gonna be hard for him to have a 'winning record' when he had guys like tito ortiz coming out to his music, I think Tito alone is responsible for 5 of those losses lol...

The hell you talking about? Lets see a source or are you just talking out of your ass? It's actually 4-14, here is the source http://www.sherdog.n...-notes-2103551/ Not that it is a good record but i'm curious where you pulled 0 and 19 from? I'm thinking you're just a hater.. and yeah it's gonna be hard for him to have a 'winning record' when he had guys like tito ortiz coming out to his music, I think Tito alone is responsible for 5 of those losses lol...

The Score said so.

Also, tone down the hostility. I'm not attacking anyone here LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hendo tears his MCL. Jones rejects a fight with Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice.

What a coward Jones is. Even that arrogant annoying loser Bisbing fought Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Now the entire event has been cancelled because Jones is scared of what will happen if he fights Chael.

So, the Toronto card is now UFC 151 instead of 152. Machida is slated to fight Jones, if Jones rejects Machida I see him being cut from the UFC. He is not bigger than the sport and he is nothing without the UFC.

Hendo tears his MCL. Jones rejects a fight with Chael Sonnen on 8 days notice.

What a coward Jones is. Even that arrogant annoying loser Bisbing fought Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Now the entire event has been cancelled because Jones is scared of what will happen if he fights Chael.

So, the Toronto card is now UFC 151 instead of 152. Machida is slated to fight Jones, if Jones rejects Machida I see him being cut from the UFC. He is not bigger than the sport and he is nothing without the UFC.

How is he a coward? And out of everyone, why should Sonnen get the title shot?

He just had his ass-whooped by Anderson Silva and he gets another title shot? Yeah.. no.

He just had his ass-whooped by Anderson Silva and he gets another title shot? Yeah.. no.

Easy, because he didnt want to fight Chael.

Jones is not bigger than the sport. He single handedly destroyed the card and a lot of people who were going to Vegas for the fight/etc lost money. He also tarnished the UFC reputation. For a guy who is so good he is such a little bi***. I hope he gets destroyed in his next fight and gets what he deserves for being a baby.

• Upvote 1

Easy, because he didnt want to fight Chael.

Jones is not bigger than the sport. He single handedly destroyed the card and a lot of people who were going to Vegas for the fight/etc lost money. He also tarnished the UFC reputation. For a guy who is so good he is such a little bi***. I hope he gets destroyed in his next fight and gets what he deserves for being a baby.

All in all, he has a choice whether to fight or not.

If anything, this is a slap in the face to Jon Jones - how do you think he feels having to fight a big-headed loser who just lost a title fight and gets to fight for another? Jon Jones is doing the right thing by not fighting Sonnen, because clearly he doesn't deserve another title shot.

All in all, he has a choice whether to fight or not.

If anything, this is a slap in the face to Jon Jones - how do you think he feels having to fight a big-headed loser who just lost a title fight and gets to fight for another? Jon Jones is doing the right thing by not fighting Sonnen, because clearly he doesn't deserve another title shot.

That should be Dana's decision not yours or mine or Jon Jones. Jon needs to be a man instead of a little pansy. He is scared he will lose to Chael (though as a big Chael fan I do not know why as Jones would beat him) and that is all it is. He killed the original UFC 151 which is absolutely pathetic. Also the amount of cash he would have made off of the fight would have been ridicolous. Like him or not, Chael knows how to draw. Also Jones screwed over the UFC as they lost a lot of money today because of his ignorance and selfishness.

I love the attempt at a clever spin though.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Also for those of you saying that the reason Jones didnt fight Chael was because he didnt deserve it or are insinuating that was the reason here is a direct quote from Danas full interview that tells you the reason why Jon Jones backed out.

When we talk he says he needs to sit down with his coaches. His coach Greg Jackson said theres no way you take this fight. You do not take this fight on 8 days notice. This would be the biggest mistake of your entire career. Wow. Chale Sonnen is 185 lbs who is going to fight at 205 lbs who hasnt trained for this fight yet he says he will fight tonight if needed the supposed pound for pound third best fighter in the world[referring to Jon Bone Jones]....How much faith do you have in your champion"?

This quote shows to me that Jones bi**** out because he is a little baby

• Upvote 1

Sonnen is the one stepping in to a completely new weight class. He's the only fighter that was willing to fight on 8 days notice. Even that loser Bisbing fought Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Jones is supposed to be the best in his division, yet he won't fight when all of the odds are stacked in his favour. Why? He probably wants to watch 8 months of tape on Sonnen before fighting him. Sonnen doesn't need that, he's a real fighter.

As for title shots, Sonnen was the only fighter who agreed to step in. It's not his fault that nobody else would step up.

Jones is an employee of the UFC and he is supposed to be a fighter. He's had his training camp, he has prepared to fight a wrestler already.

Sonnen is the one stepping in to a completely new weight class. He's the only fighter that was willing to fight on 8 days notice. Even that loser Bisbing fought Sonnen on 8 days notice.

Jones is supposed to be the best in his division, yet he won't fight when all of the odds are stacked in his favour. Why? He probably wants to watch 8 months of tape on Sonnen before fighting him. Sonnen doesn't need that, he's a real fighter.

As for title shots, Sonnen was the only fighter who agreed to step in. It's not his fault that nobody else would step up.

Jones is an employee of the UFC and he is supposed to be a fighter. He's had his training camp, he has prepared to fight a wrestler already.

He's a real fighter... right. I guess the GSP's, and Silva's are not since they prepare for fights in advance. :rolleyes:

Be real, of course Chael wouldn't need that as he has absolutely nothing to lose but another beating.

• Upvote 1

He's a real fighter... right. I guess the GSP's, and Silva's are not since they prepare for fights in advance. :rolleyes:

Be real, of course Chael wouldn't need that as he has absolutely nothing to lose but another beating.

He's had 3+ months to prepare for a MORE dangerous fighter and a wrestler like Sonnen. Sonnen is the one who has everything against him.

If you think for one second that a 100% prepared GSP wouldn't fight a guy like Nate Diaz with 8 days to the fight, you're kidding yourself.

GSP would take the fight and send Diaz back to his brother a broken person.

• Upvote 1