The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Jon DUI Bones Jones has lost all respect from me.

By definition, he is a coward, there is really no disputing that.

Sure, Tristar gym's specialty is to completely analyze the other opponent and train specifically to counter them. Other gyms might try something similar but nowhere near to the extent Tristar does. Chael Sonnen, however, is just as much in the dark and hasn't had the time to even condition himself for the fight let alone analyze Jones' past fights.

His selfish decision has cost the UFC a lot of money but most of all it let down a lot of fans. I really hope he loses to Machida and this is coming from a former Jones fan.

Calm down sweetheart, you guys are taking this way to seriously. Jones has every right to do what he did.

There's no guarantees in MMA. Sonnen almost beat Silva (the first time), when Silva was a heavy favourite going into that match. It only takes one mistake from Jones, to get knocked out by Sonnen. Sonnen doesn't need any training, because he's going into the fight with nothing to lose and is probably going to be swing away hoping he lands one on Jones.

That is a VERY general point. There are no gurantees in anything in life. Today I went to pLay basketball realizing that I might die of a concussion and never make it back home. Should that have stopped me from playing basketball? Come on man.

Also your rationale for why he should have fought Sonnen is absurd. When you look at the strengths of every fighter you can present the same sort of argument on how they could beat Jon Jones or anyone else. Also, yeah Sonnen could have beat him but would he have? Hell no. And this is coming from a huge Sonnen fan who started watching the sport because of him.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Also for all those posters saying that "Jones had every right to do what he did and everyone who is calling them out has no reason to" well all of you folks are just being ignorant.

Along with the fans, Jones let down the UFC promotion and fighters on that card. What a lot of you folks do not realize is that the majority of fighters do not make the type of money Jones does and all the guys on the under card are basically living pay cheque to pay cheque. You think it is fair for them to lose out on money for all the training they put in just because Jones pu***ed out? If you think it is then something is clearly wrong with you. Also, all the guys who are part of event set up, helping the fighters train/etc also lost money because of Jones stupidity.

On top of that all the money UFC put in towards this event is gone.

Edited by canuckbeliever

Also for all those posters saying that "Jones had every right to do what he did and everyone who is calling them out has no reason to" well all of you folks are just being ignorant.

Along with the fans, Jones let down the UFC promotion and fighters on that card. What a lot of you folks do not realize is that the majority of fighters do not make the type of money Jones does and all the guys on the under card are basically living pay cheque to pay cheque. You think it is fair for them to lose out on money for all the training they put in just because Jones pu***ed out? If you think it is then something is clearly wrong with you. Also, all the guys who are part of event set up, helping the fighters train/etc also lost money because of Jones stupidity.

Just to play Devil's advocate for a second - do you think any of the groups you mentioned (fans, trainers, event crew, etc....) care if Jones career ends? I highly doubt it - yet you want to somehow put it on Jones to be responsible for all of these people each and every time he fights or doesn't fight? Jones signed a contract with UFC to fight a certain opponent, it is within his rights and perfectly legal within the contract that Dana White presented to him to refuse to fight if White decided to change his opponet. If Dana White doesn't like that he should change the standard UFC fighter's contract - although I highly doubt that any athletic commision in North America (or anywhere else) would support a contract that doesn't give the two fighters the right to refuse the fight if someone changes their opponent on them.

I know this sounds bizzar but what if you bought a car from a dealer and when you went to pick it up the dealer said here's your mini-van, we don't have any Toyota Tacoma's left so you need to buy this mini-van. And when you didn't want to buy the mini-van people said you're letting down the people at the dealership? No, I'm not comparing people to automobiles or Sonnen to a mini-van, just the similarity in changing signed, legal contracts on people without their input.

That is a VERY general point. There are no gurantees in anything in life. Today I went to pLay basketball realizing that I might die of a concussion and never make it back home. Should that have stopped me from playing basketball? Come on man.

Also your rationale for why he should have fought Sonnen is absurd. When you look at the strengths of every fighter you can present the same sort of argument on how they could beat Jon Jones or anyone else. Also, yeah Sonnen could have beat him but would he have? Hell no. And this is coming from a huge Sonnen fan who started watching the sport because of him.

The fact that you started watching MMA because of Sonnen leads me to believe you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Go back to watching WWE.

Who's fault is it more, Jon Jones for turning down a fight on 8 days notice or the UFC for creating a sh!tty card with no co-main event? This is the UFC's fault only, nice try though.

Edited by Stizz19

Who's fault is it more, Jon Jones for turning down a fight on 8 days notice or the UFC for creating a sh!tty card with no co-main event? This is the UFC's fault only, nice try though.

Both are at fault.

Bones is a douche. He just lost a lot of money for a lot of fighters.

UFC is greedy. These watered-down cards are becoming too much, However, hopefully they get their act together and NEVER put out a card with just one decent fight on it again.

Belfort is going to get taken down and taken out in the first minute. Good job Jones, you won.

When's GSP vs Condit, time for a fight.

I don't know about first minute, but it will likely happen at some point. I think Bones knows that Vitor has that puncher's chance of ending it and he may play it safe for a bit.

GSP/Condit is Nov 17.

Jon Jones is smart, he knows he woulda got his a$$ beat down by Sonnen and pu**ied out. At least Jones has been training the last few months for a fight while Sonnen's been at his pizza joint in Oregon training on his own, Jones clearly had the advantage there.

Sonnen was right, Nike really should change their slogan to "Just Run Away" now , pathetic. Hope his little brother isn't as big of a pu**y for the patriots as he is.

Jon Jones is smart, he knows he woulda got his a$$ beat down by Sonnen and pu**ied out. At least Jones has been training the last few months for a fight while Sonnen's been at his pizza joint in Oregon training on his own, Jones clearly had the advantage there.

Sonnen was right, Nike really should change their slogan to "Just Run Away" now , pathetic. Hope his little brother isn't as big of a pu**y for the patriots as he is.

A$$ beat by Sonnen? :Are you sure you watch the UFC? :lol:

Sonnen doesn't deserve to fight Jones.

• Upvote 1

I dont get the Jones hate; he had every right to refuse that fight. It was a lose/lose for Jones.

If he loses, there goes his title.

If he wins, he beat a guy who took a fight on 8 days notice, who just fought, who is moving up a weight class. Does nothing to help his rep, fans, etc.

Dana is a spoiled baby when it comes to stuff like this. Injuries happen, Jones signed a contract to fight Hendo, not Sonnen, he has every right to say frack off. You guys make me laugh.

this man has said it all. nothing more should be said about Jones refusing the fight.

• Upvote 1

A$$ beat by Sonnen? :Are you sure you watch the UFC? :lol:

Sonnen doesn't deserve to fight Jones.

I used to hate Sonnen, a lot, in fact I still kind of hate him because he trash talks so much. Up until Silva Sonnen 1 I thought Sonnen was the biggest joke in the UFC just cause how he doesn't shut his trap. But the guy can bring it, and after dominating and beating the sh*t out of the spider for 4 and a half minutes he earned my respect as a fighter. Jon Jones is incredibly talented and his free style, don't know what he's thinking style of fighting is entertaining and it'd be a great fight, I just think Sonnen if he could get Jones to the ground would have the advantage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/8/29/3277825/ufc-151-jon-jones-asked-dana-white-chael-sonnen-stop-calling-out-mma-news

"Chael Sonnen makes Jon Jones TapouT without ever setting foot in the Octagon." - from TapouT Canada on FB....Sonnen is a bosss....just takes away all credibility for those saying Jones isn't scared of him or trying to dodge him...

• 1 month later...