Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charlie.Sheen

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Rate this topic

8,730 posts in this topic

I would much rather see gsp/Diaz instead of gsp/Hendricks.

Nothing against Hendricks, he's earned his shot for sure, but I just see the Diaz matchup being more competitive and entertaining... That's assuming Diaz actually shows up.

It's like Xmas for me today!!!! Can't wait til tonight!!

What is going on tonight? I apologize, I'm not very up to date on MMA news lol

GSP vs Nick Diaz is a fun matchup in terms of the build-up/characters involved but Hendricks is in my view is the more entertaining stylistic matchup and clearly the deserving #1 contender. For the longest time the biggest question about GSP is how would he deal with somebody who stands a chance to stuff his takedowns and to threaten him with striking, and that sounds like Johny Hendricks.

Honestly the UFC making this fight just goes to show how much closer it is to WWE than it is to an actual sport. Wouldn't the NHL love to have Pittsburgh vs Detroit finals every year, but they can't because the teams have to earn their spot in the championship.

Sounds like I'm complaining and I suppose I am but I'd still welcome the GSP/Nick Diaz fight for entertainment value.

Gonna be a good night of fights, UFC then Pacquiao vs. Marquez IV

Pacquiao vs Marquez - a.k.a another match fixing.

Trujillo destroyed that guy holy lol

Really looked forward to seeing him fight today and he certainly impressed. Dude's got potential.

Some great fights so far tonight wow.

Knockouts after knockouts

GSP vs Nick Diaz is a fun matchup in terms of the build-up/characters involved but Hendricks is in my view is the more entertaining stylistic matchup and clearly the deserving #1 contender. For the longest time the biggest question about GSP is how would he deal with somebody who stands a chance to stuff his takedowns and to threaten him with striking, and that sounds like Johny Hendricks.

Honestly the UFC making this fight just goes to show how much closer it is to WWE than it is to an actual sport. Wouldn't the NHL love to have Pittsburgh vs Detroit finals every year, but they can't because the teams have to earn their spot in the championship.

Sounds like I'm complaining and I suppose I am but I'd still welcome the GSP/Nick Diaz fight for entertainment value.

The first part is exactly what they said about Koscheck, and we all know what happened there.

Loved that fight. Rory Mac walked right through BJ penn.

He disrespected him the entire time, it was beautiful.

Man .. GSP V2.0 for real.

Wish he was more humble though LOL. I think Rory didn't want to knockout BJ Penn so he held back.

He wants to fight Condit in Vancouver. I love this guy!!

Our GSP.

I hope Hendo embarrasses Diaz. Can't stand either of them.

Diaz better lose. Arrogant pot head. And if he does manage to win, give him a sandwich. The dude looks malnourished.

Hendo taking it to Diaz.

LOL at Diaz flipping the bird while he just sat there.

Hendo taking it to Diaz.

LOL at Diaz flipping the bird while he just sat there.

120-17 in significant strikes. That's just crazy.

Honestly, I lost some respect for Rory today. Enough with the taunting BS, that's a a veteran in front of you, either keep on fighting or finish the fight.

GSP has never, and would never pull crap like that.

50-43 Henderson!

I expect GSP/Nick to look similar if not more lopsided. Nick's wrestling is every bit as weak as Nate's. GSP will mop the floor with Nick Diaz. My heart swelled with British Columbian pride when I saw that fine broth of a lad Rory MacDonald's hand raised. I'm not ashamed to admit that I shed a single manly tear just then.

Had to reach for a serviette to dab my cheek.