The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Melendez/Sanchez was unbelievable. Those 2 were throwing and connecting the whole fight. Love seeing Diego making a name for himself again.

I don't know about connecting...for a lot of those first big exchanges Diego was just punching air. He's a tough mofo though...they both are. Love how Gilbert decided to engage in the brawling in the 3rd round, that was batcrap crazy!

Gotta say this about JDS though: he needs new cornermen. The big guy has probably already knocked some time off his life clock in the last 2 fights with Cain. His heart is too big for his brain, he just can't stop fighting and you know that's taking it's toll on his head. The cornermen should've stepped in for his own safety.

Probably the first and last time I'll end up cheering against GSP. I've been a fan of Hendricks since his first fight in the UFC, so it's been pretty awesome watching him claw his way up to the top contender spot.

And GSP is where the journey stops ;)

Edited by Captain Aerosex

• 2 weeks later...

GSP is going to win this fight a little easier than ppl think. Hendricks has big power in both his paws and he does have good wrestling ability. If Hendricks opponents stand in front of him then they get knocked out, but GSP will fight smart and change angles, and take him down with ease ( yes I said with ease) and control Hendricks from start to finish. Ive seen all of Hendricks fights and even with his good wrestling, guys have taken him down fairly easily, and GSP is the best at it in this division. If Hendricks gets that 1 chance like Condit did, and he connects hard, then I can see him taking it but otherwise a pretty easy win for the Canadian.

So sad that I'll be missing the GSP fight :(

maybe I can catch it in a bar in Vietnam or something..

Spoiler alert: GSP by decision.

I'm much more stoked for the undercard to be honest....

Rashad/Chael

Rory/Lawler

Kos/Woodley will be a zzzzzz

Even the prelims have Cerrone vs Dunham, which I'm still wondering how it's not on the main card.

What is this about George retiring? Is it because he's defeated everyone assuming he wins again tomorrow night? Nothing left to accomplish?

Assuming he wins, I think he should stay around for one more fight.. and make it against Rory. If George wins then he wins as he always does and he literally beat everyone that posed a threat. Dust your hands off after that and call it a career. If he loses then he knows he will have passed the torch to one of the biggest upcoming stars and a fellow Canadian and friend and can still retire humbly as he is always humble. Losing sucks but if you're going to go down that's how I'd hope it would happen.