The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

50 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

Hunt was talking about how he put his life in danger fighting heavyweights on the juice.   If it's that serious to him, he wouldn't have fought.  Come on, man.   He knew.  We knew.  If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...   

ALL Fighters put their life in danger stepping into the Octagon. - Cyborg Santos' face is proof of that.

You have to be able to have faith in the UFC and and the USADA to do their jobs - clearly they aren't and they don't give a $&!# about the fighters at all, if they did - paydays would reflect that, and alot more drastic measures would be in place to catch fighters that are cheating.

You didn't know anything, neither did I, and neither did Mark Hunt - We all sure as hell could have guessed, but again, you are supposed to be able to rely on the company you're fighting for to help keep you safe - especially if they are the worlds largest promotion, and you're supposed to be able to rely on the USADA to keep things on an even playing field, but again, clearly they don't care

There are no penalties for these cheaters, and currently no course of action for fighters to take, Brock wasn't punished in any way shape or form and Mark Hunt gets to deal with injuries from fighting up some roided up POS for the third time because the UFC and the USADA wouldn't protect him? I'd be furious too.

Edited by Chris
Typo

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

ALL Fighters put their life in danger stepping into the Octagon. - Cyborg Santos' face is proof of that.

You have to be able to have faith in the UFC and and the USADA to do their jobs - clearly they aren't and they don't give a $&!# about the fighters at all, if they did - paydays would reflect that, and alot more drastic measures would be in place to catch fighters that are cheating.

You didn't know anything, neither did I, and neither did Mark Hunt - We all sure as hell could have guessed, but again, you are supposed to be able to rely on the company you're fighting for to help keep you safe - especially if they are the worlds largest promotion, and you're supposed to be able to rely on the USADA to keep things on an even playing field, but again, clearly they don't care

There are no penalties for these cheaters, and currently no course of action for fighters to take, Brock wasn't punished in any way shape or form and Mark Hunt gets to deal with injuries from fighting up some roided up POS for the third time because the UFC and the USADA wouldn't protect him? I'd be furious too.

Are you serious?  I guess we don't KNOW that Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman Phil Heath etc aren't taking roids because USADA hasn't tested them.  I knew it and so did everyone else. 

I agree with the other part.  There's no real punishment for these cheaters other than getting a suspension.  Obviously that won't affect Brock. 

Just now, Bocivus said:

Are you serious?  I guess we don't KNOW that Jay Cutler, Dorian Yates, Ronnie Coleman Phil Heath etc aren't taking roids because USADA hasn't tested them.  I knew it and so did everyone else. 

I agree with the other part.  There's no real punishment for these cheaters other than getting a suspension.  Obviously that won't affect Brock. 

*eyeroll* 

You're missing the point. Entirely.

8 minutes ago, Bocivus said:

If you say so.  :lol:

4 Billion dollars and they still don't care enough to pay fighters any kind of sustainable income or actually implement some sort of punishment system for this sort of thing besides giving guys a couple of years off to train/do more drugs.

That's all I'm going to say on this; I think anymore keystrokes would be a waste.

Edited by Chris
Typo *Sips Coffee*
  • Upvote 1

On 8/17/2016 at 3:45 PM, TheRussianRocket. said:

So...the presser got a bit heated... :lol: 

They did the pushing and shoving thing at the weigh in.  Luckily Dana White was there to single handedly hold the two MMA fighters apart, as they tried to get at each other.