The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

The worst part of McGregor-Diaz is the fans, and its not even close.

I didn't notice anything out of the normal this time around.  The Irish were relatively subdued compared to his previous bouts and most of Diaz's fans can't afford tickets.

Unless you mean on the internet.  I haven't been reading pre-fight fan reactions on any of the sites because it's always the same. 

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

I didn't notice anything out of the normal this time around.  The Irish were relatively subdued compared to his previous bouts and most of Diaz's fans can't afford tickets.

Unless you mean on the internet.  I haven't been reading pre-fight fan reactions on any of the sites because it's always the same. 

Yup.

1 minute ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Ye, forgot to mention it here after the fight. It was official after the decisions were announced and he was walking out of the octagon.

...what a bitch dat gui is eh! ::D

Didn't say he was a b1tch.  I said he pulled 2 b1tch moves. 

He's tough but I didn't like that he turned his back and jogged away twice from Diaz.  I'm very disappointed in him.

The win for Conor is not in question.  But this fight and last fight showed that he is far from being great and well rounded.  

Him and Aldo would be a very even match up standing, with the edge on the ground clearly for Aldo.  The 13 sec KO, I won't call it a fluke but it definitely wouldn't happen again.

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

The win for Conor is not in question.  But this fight and last fight showed that he is far from being great and well rounded.  

Him and Aldo would be a very even match up standing, with the edge on the ground clearly for Aldo.  The 13 sec KO, I won't call it a fluke but it definitely wouldn't happen again.

If Conor even lands one of the shots he landed on Aldo like he did against Nate tonight, its night for Aldo, Conor is the worst matchup for Aldo.

• Upvote 2

McGregor vs. Diaz 3 won't happen any time soon unless Conor wins the lightweight belt within the next year. 

Not sure how many here caught it but Diaz said he won't fight again until he gets a third fight.  By the way he's been talking in interviews, it sounds like he's done with the smaller money fights.  I doubt that Dana White is going to give Diaz comparable money for fighting anybody else.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

McGregor vs. Diaz 3 won't happen any time soon unless Conor wins the lightweight belt within the next year. 

Not sure how many here caught it but Diaz said he won't fight again until he gets a third fight.  By the way he's been talking in interviews, it sounds like he's done with the smaller money fights.  I doubt that Dana White is going to give Diaz comparable money for fighting anybody else.

McGregor will defend his title first. Maybe after that he'll fight Nate but he might try and get that 2nd belt before.

Diaz will be in his near future no question about it.

1 hour ago, canucks3322 said:

If Conor even lands one of the shots he landed on Aldo like he did against Nate tonight, its night for Aldo, Conor is the worst matchup for Aldo.

That is true but obviously Aldo can't get hit clean like that, as most a part from Diaz would drop.  Aldo needs to use his leg kicks or get it to the ground.  

This why even though Aldo beat Edgar again, Edgar would be an issue for Conor.  Aldo had powerful take down stuffs against Edgar, but don't think Conor would.

On August 21, 2016 at 1:21 AM, JV77 said:

That is true but obviously Aldo can't get hit clean like that, as most a part from Diaz would drop.  Aldo needs to use his leg kicks or get it to the ground.  

This why even though Aldo beat Edgar again, Edgar would be an issue for Conor.  Aldo had powerful take down stuffs against Edgar, but don't think Conor would.

The thing is Conor striking was pretty good before but now is even better which is bad news for Aldo, however to the Edgar question although I do agree with you that takedowns would be a problem, the fight on Saturday showed Conor takedown defence is pretty good against Nate who isn't a wrestler but had 25-30lbs weight on him and still stuffed it even after being exhausted. Frankie should go down to the Bantamweight division and fight Cruz that would be an insane matchup.

1 hour ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Damn, Canada's very own.

Wish him the best. If it means going overseas to get a better living, so be it. I'm sure he'll be back in the UFC sometime down the road but it makes sense financially for why he's making the move.

The UFC didn't want to match the offer from Bellator.  Bad move, IMO.   I hope his first fight is against that jackass Michael Page.  Never liked that arrogant dude and I bet Rory destroys him.  Get a title shot after that and he'd probably be the new champ.   

Bored at work so I measured my boxing reach after learning of Jones's incredible 85" reach.  Mines is 74" which is greater than my height which is 6'.  Cool story, I know. 

I start training tomorrow.  My nickname will be the Artic Hurricane and my fight song will be "I just died in your arms tonight.' 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Bored at work so I measured my boxing reach after learning of Jones's incredible 85" reach.  Mines is 74" which is greater than my height which is 6'.  Cool story, I know. 

I start training tomorrow.  My nickname will be the Artic Hurricane and my fight song will be "I just died in your arms tonight.' 

Damn I want to measure my reach now. I think it longer than average for my height. 

I'm 6'2" but I have the same reach as my buddy who is 6'7" when we stood side by side. 

Edited by RRypien37