The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 10/2/2016 at 3:47 PM, riffraff said:

Linnekar vs Dodson last night.  Anyone catch it?

No but I heard Lineker won a split decision and Dodson was pissed, though he was said to have run away all night.

I really like John Lineker too, I'll have to watch that fight.. 

4 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

Probably 185 or a catch weight at like 175-180 around there. GSP is known to walk around at like 200lbs in between fights. 

Anderson was originally a ww in his prime. His ideal weight in Shooto and Pride was 80 kilos or 176 lbs. His walk around weight even today is probably no heavier than GSP's.

But he is a 41 year old flashy reflex based stylist. He shouldn't fight anymore.

2 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

No but I heard Lineker won a split decision and Dodson was pissed, though he was said to have run away all night.

I really like John Lineker too, I'll have to watch that fight.. 

Not was very close.  I'd say you could argue Dodson landed the cleaner shots and looked slick doing it but it was quality not quantity.  I don't think he looked pissed - more surprised imo.

that being said linekar was very entertaining to watch.  He pushed the fight the whole time and was relentless.  Tracking and chasing Dodson who was quick to get on his bike when he felt the pressure.

overall it was very understandable why linekar won the split.

• Upvote 1

GSP was my favorite fighter to watch in the UFC, but now he is just an exercise professional. He works out, gets sponsors, posts some videos, and then does some interviews saying he's coming back to the UFC wearing the clothes of his sponsors. Its just an act to keep the $ rolling in. This talk has been going on for 2-3 years. Can hate some of the things Dana White says, but he's right about GSP.

Gegard Mousasi is one of my new favorites. He also called out fans for being 'stupid' for liking fighters because of what expensive stuff they post on instagram. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Anderson was originally a ww in his prime. His ideal weight in Shooto and Pride was 80 kilos or 176 lbs. His walk around weight even today is probably no heavier than GSP's.

But he is a 41 year old flashy reflex based stylist. He shouldn't fight anymore.

Agree. Not that I wouldn't watch him vs GSP but this fight should have happened 5 years ago.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:40 AM, Down by the River said:

GSP was my favorite fighter to watch in the UFC, but now he is just an exercise professional. He works out, gets sponsors, posts some videos, and then does some interviews saying he's coming back to the UFC wearing the clothes of his sponsors. Its just an act to keep the $ rolling in. This talk has been going on for 2-3 years. Can hate some of the things Dana White says, but he's right about GSP.

Gegard Mousasi is one of my new favorites. He also called out fans for being 'stupid' for liking fighters because of what expensive stuff they post on instagram. 

I saw that!  His post fight press conference talk was great.  I was kinda diggin' the angrier side of Moose.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Not many fight fans on CDC? Biggest fight card in UFC history in 1 day and zero posts about it...

I stopped watching UFC when GSP left, loved watching him fight. Once he left, I did not have anyone to really cheer for. Anderson Silva used to be worth watching, but age has caught up with him. Nobody right now on that roster compares to those guys in their prime. Used to like Jon Jones, but drug issues etc

A lot of these "hyped" cards have also ended up to be duds, tough to pay for a card when fights lack intensity that they used to. 

Just now, SaintPatrick33 said:

I stopped watching UFC when GSP left, loved watching him fight. Once he left, I did not have anyone to really cheer for. Anderson Silva used to be worth watching, but age has caught up with him. Nobody right now on that roster compares to those guys in their prime. Used to like Jon Jones, but drug issues etc

A lot of these "hyped" cards have also ended up to be duds, tough to pay for a card when fights lack intensity that they used to. 

I partially agree. UFC 200 was a good example of unwarranted hype and it disappointed. This card is an exception. Three title fights, and basically entire card is worth watching, filled with stars and top prospects throughout. 

9 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

That's right around when I started to lose interest as well. When Dana was going off on GSP and basically saying he should have lost the belt it turned me off of the ufc. But Connor McGregor got me interested in the sport again