The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

1 hour ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I just think that the UFC doesn't want Khabib vs Conor. 

Oh yeah I don't think they do either because he might destroy him.  I think it would do big money which UFC would like, but they don't want Conor to lose.

11 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Khabib now willing to fight Ferguson as a lead up to McGregor. 

He said he wants it to be for the interim belt since Conor gona take some time off.

But then again interim really don't mean anything other than number 1 contender.

McGregor issued a California boxing license

Curious what Conor intends on doing?  Part of me would find it very interesting if he tried to work his way up the boxing rankings rather than all this nonsense talk about him fighting Mayweather etc.   I'm not sure if his contract wit the UFC allows him to fight in other professional sports?

Edited by SILLY GOOSE

4 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

McGregor issued a California boxing license

Curious what Conor intends on doing?  Part of me would find it very interesting if he tried to work his way up the boxing rankings rather than all this nonsense talk about him fighting Mayweather etc.   I'm not sure if his contract wit the UFC allows him to fight in other professional sports?

Fight would be boring, as all Mayweather fights are.  Only be good if gloves were 4 once.

On 11/30/2016 at 1:02 PM, JV77 said:

He said he wants it to be for the interim belt since Conor gona take some time off.

But then again interim really don't mean anything other than number 1 contender.

The dude has never defended a belt and trying this? Laughable. 

23 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

He's looking for that 9 figure pay day. Pretty smart imo

Not going to happen. 

He has no boxing history. This isn't the WWE and even in that realm they don't make that kind of money. 

Mayweather is an anomaly for individual sports, no one else compares money wise. 

On 11/13/2016 at 2:53 PM, Chip Kelly said:

I'm pretty sure that is describing 80% of die hard sports fans and fans of any celebrity or entertainer.

You being on this message board makes you part of the group since you are a fan of a team and have no impact on the results of a sporting event and choosing to be a fan or not be a fan of a person is you living vicariously through another fighter hoping he beats Conor.

I don't mind the UFC having beefs and selling fights he is more entertaining on the mic than WWE PG trash talkers and the matches are actually real.

Everything he says he actually comes through and backs it up.

A lot of you guys are Seahwaks fans and Mac is  Richard Sherman times 10 if that makes more sense to you to ease the butthurt of his antics.

This isn't what living vicariously means. I watch the UFC because it like watching fights. I don't watch the UFC because I want McGregor to win so that I can feel like I am also winning. The latter is what it means to live vicariously, not the former.