The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

The media keeps putting the wrong JonJones Twitter in their articles even after this many years, but the guy that has the actual jonjones Twitter account plays right along and maks fun of and jokes around with the people who keep sending him mean tweets.  He's been having a ball all day today and yesterday.  :lol:

https://twitter.com/jonjones

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

The only way Conor ever fights again in the UFC is if they give him an ownership stake. I highly doubt he goes from making $100 million to fighting Tony Ferguson for cab fare. 

If Conor wins against Mayweather then you're probably right.  If he loses, he's back in the UFC with a hefty raise.

• Upvote 1

UFC 217 looking like it has the potential to be a great card: Bisping/GSP; Masvidal/Thompson; Garbrant/Dillishaw.

Most looking forward to Garbrant versus Dillishaw. I think TJ will take it.

Oh and interested to see how Firas Zahabi's little brother does (Aiemann Zahabi).

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

UFC 217 looking like it has the potential to be a great card: Bisping/GSP; Masvidal/Thompson; Garbrant/Dillishaw.

Most looking forward to Garbrant versus Dillishaw. I think TJ will take it.

Oh and interested to see how Firas Zahabi's little brother does (Aiemann Zahabi).

Garbrant is on another level. He toyed with Cruz and Cruz beat Dillishaw.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:34 AM, playboi19 said:

Garbrant is on another level. He toyed with Cruz and Cruz beat Dillishaw.

There is a long history illustrating why MMA math doesn't always work out. 

The odds of Mighty Mouse beating Ray Borg are way beyond the odds of Floyd beating McGregor. That fight (and division) is a bit of a joke.

Also surprised to see Bisping as a pretty substantial underdog in the GSP fight.

UFC has had some great fights lately, but boy are they lacking a likable, high-profile champion:

125lb: Mighty Mouse is kind of socially odd, doesn't have the right competition

135lb: Gardbrant is a killer, but personality of a doorknob. The only time he is interesting is when he is losing his temper

145lb: The champ is arguably holding an interim belt

155lb: In a few days, the above can be said again

170lb: It is possible that the best welterweight isn't even in the UFC (Rory MacDonald)

185lb: The most talented division where nobody really fights who they should be fighting (and Gegard Mousassi might be the best out of all of them)

205lb: Jon Jones ruined the state of the division

206+lb: Stipe Miocic is arguably the only undisputed champion that is also likeable

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

He could do another random boxing match and make more money if he wanted to though.

Yeah. I could care less. He will never be considered a real champ in the true MMA community if that ends up happening. ZERO title defenses and losing to a 40 year old past prime retired boxer...great legacy... 

18 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Yeah. I could care less. He will never be considered a real champ in the true MMA community if that ends up happening. ZERO title defenses and losing to a 40 year old past prime retired boxer...great legacy... 

Money > Legacy. Either way, he manhandled and easily defeated two UFC champions to win both of his championships, not many people can say as much.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Money > Legacy. Either way, he manhandled and easily defeated two UFC champions to win both of his championships, not many people can say as much.

Says who? Legacy is the most important thing to many. You can't take the money with you when you're gone, but you can be remember for great things you did forever. 

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Says who? Legacy is the most important thing to many. You can't take the money with you when you're gone, but you can be remember for great things you did forever. 

Conor is already going to be remembered forever. I see your point, but I'm sure guys like Roy Nelson would rather take the money.